X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What my TLT set looks like...

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
    God you have me excited!

Did you do woods too? And or hybrid or driver?
    Did not do the woods. Maybe next year. Wife not thrilled I’m still spending money on golf in October.

There is more of a heft feeling but that is partly due to the new shafts he put in. I like having the same posture at set-up. And pleasantly surprised how well I hit the 4i. What he might do for you could be very different than me. I’m 6ft, which I think it more or less average, but he said my wrist to floor is long for my height (short arms, who knew?). Wedge feels heavy right now but tried a few chips and you just let the weight do the work, so not so bad. I had 40yrs of standard club size and weight to wipe clean.

My next round if I shoot 20 shots above my norm I’m going to *****, just kidding.

Comment

So how much shorter is your 4i now and how much longer are your wedges?

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
        So how much shorter is your 4i now and how much longer are your wedges?
        4i 1.5" shorter
        wedges 1.5" longer
        Dan adds some extra weight if need be to get the numbers just right

I think it’s worth the drive out or just call him and have a chat. I’ve only test the clubs on a bucket of balls but it went pretty well. It was windy at range so I don’t know how my normal distances have been affected. With my previous set-up my 5i was going as far as a well struck 7i so something had to be done.

Comment

Dang 36.5" wedges would take getting used too. I'm excited for tomorrow

Comment

I was initially bothered by the short wedges, only because I had made my previous LW extra short.

After a couple rounds with my TLT, I was adjusted to the longer and uniform length of my LW, SW, GW, PW. ..... wouldnt have it any other way now.
            🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
            Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
              I was initially bothered by the short wedges, only because I had made my previous LW extra short.

After a couple rounds with my TLT, I was adjusted to the longer and uniform length of my LW, SW, GW, PW. ..... wouldnt have it any other way now.
              I got use to my 54 quickly and now I want to do the 58. I'm happy with the stock length on the hybrid and the wood.. driver was always shorter anyway.
              Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
              Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
              Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
              Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
              Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
              Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
              Putter: SGC WB Northwood
              Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by ndrpar View Post

My next round if I shoot 20 shots above my norm I’m going to *****, just kidding.
                Just a warning, don't be surprised if this actually happens though. The first two rounds I had with my TLT retrofits I loved them and then out of nowhere I went out and shot a 104, it was like I had forgotten how to play, I mean I followed it up with a 75 the next round out but it was just bizarre.

To comment on the long wedges, once you get used to the added length full shots are just bread and butter with them, your accuracy and distance control will improve like crazy. The only wedge that I have pondered about going back to a shorter length is the 60 degree because I really never used it for full shots and the added length gets a bit annoying around the green, especially since I rely on flop shots and some real "Phil'esqe" shot making around the greens, arguably the strongest part of my game getting it to 2 feet with my 60 and I'm not sure choking up is consistent enough for me on the 60, ordered some new wedges (MD2's really worn out from lots of practice already) from golfworks custom built to Dan's TLT specs for me and maybe the 60 will be better with that set as they are lighter than the MD2's. Too bad we only have a short time left outdoors!
                "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

Yah my PW and 52 I'm not worried about. My 58 I'm unsure. The added weight won't bother me. But unsure how it will effect my short game touch shots (flops short side chips pitches etc)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetchilli View Post
                    Just a warning, don't be surprised if this actually happens though. The first two rounds I had with my TLT retrofits I loved them and then out of nowhere I went out and shot a 104, it was like I had forgotten how to play, I mean I followed it up with a 75 the next round out but it was just bizarre.

The only wedge that I have pondered about going back to a shorter length is the 60 degree because I really never used it for full shots and the added length gets a bit annoying around the green
                    29 shots, oh my.

Ya, was thinking about the 58. I will give the longer length a go before I make any snap decisions.

Practice swings will be imperative.

Comment

Spent an hour chipping, pitching and bunker shots with the 54 and 58. No issues. Actually prefer standing taller.

Comment

Just met with dan very informative and honest. Am very excited to get my set. Learned that most of my clubs are too upright and my wedges are almost too flat.

Was very honest also. Told me my driver pretty much perfect maybe a smudge shorter would work but that just choking down a smudge would be best.

Thanks dan!

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
                          Sorry for the flash picture in the dark garage... it's this stuff.

Can the weighting be done without this stuff on the clubhead?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
                            It depends on the amount of weight needed.

Hosel weights can be used , but most top out at 10grams . It also requires the head to be pulled, cleaned, reshafted so adds cost of 20-30 a club if this is not already being done.
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron View Post

If the shafts are steel, then lead powder and a cork can be used - down the shaft and stays hidden. Jeff's set were graphite so there are less options.

You may need to replace the grips if they cannot be pulled / saved. This is at least cheaper than pulling the shaft and adding tip weights.
                              Regards
                              Dan

True Length Technology TM
                              Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
                              True Frequency Technology TM
                              - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
                              - Master
                              Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
                              - Advanced / Professional
                              Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
                              - Class 'A'