TXG

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TXG

Originally posted by Taylor59 View Post
    Ugh I dunno about that.. there are a lot of good guys there.

Pricing does seem very good tho!
    And I know them all--just my opinion.
    Last edited by racmbs; Nov 16, 2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
      is Jeff moving too?
      Not anytime soon.

Comment

Anyone get fit yet? Does Ian do the fittings? The $250 full bag seems very reasonable.

Comment

Stopped by to have a look last week. Very impressive to say the least. Digital Mitchell machine, shaft wall (ala MG), Trackman, build studio in the back. As of right now, yes, Ian is doing the fittings, as per our brief conversation. Not sure if he is going to stay on at Burlington or move to the (probably) more busy Toronto location and hire a fitter for Burlington. Not really my place to ask.

All in all, looks really good, and for a good price split between GT and MG, it might draw A LOT of attention.

Comment

I just got finished having my irons adjusted by Ian at TXG. Although I don't have much experience to draw on... I was very impressed with the service and pricing.

I'll be going back when it comes time to get some new woods

Comment

I dropped into the Burlington location on Friday and ended up chatting with Ian for over half an hour. We covered all sorts of topics (Callaway Epic drivers, SLT, shafts and putter fittings). Ian is extremely knowledgeable on anything to do with golf equipment.

While I have had extensive practice time using all of the latest and greatest technology, I have never had a fitting done by someone with Ian's expertise. This year I am going to approach things a little different, so before I left I booked a full set fitting.

Comment

Just got fitted for Dynamic Golf Tour X100 shafts at TXG. Ian and Greg are awesome. Great selection of shafts and clubs - and an overall amazing personalized experience as they had me set up on Trackman hitting a variety of shafts until we found something that worked for me.

Comment

I heard TXG is offering a complimentary fitting session for your entire bag.

I've never had my clubs fitted but assuming the "complimentary" part is them just advising you what they recommend to improve your game, and then you have to pay the cost to have those fitments made to your clubs?

Any one take advantage of this?
                  And a guestimate as to how much something like might possibly cost you in the end?

Comment

Is it normal to get the trackman data from the fitting or adjustments you've had?

I was hoping to get this for my iron adjustment since it gave me a good idea of my yardages....but I haven't heard back from them.

Comment

You should get the data within a few days. The info is all on the Trackman website itself rather than from TXG so they probably log in every now and then to upload and send out the info from recent fittings in batches.

Comment

Originally posted by rwong124 View Post
                        I heard TXG is offering a complimentary fitting session for your entire bag.

I've never had my clubs fitted but assuming the "complimentary" part is them just advising you what they recommend to improve your game, and then you have to pay the cost to have those fitments made to your clubs?

Any one take advantage of this?
                        And a guestimate as to how much something like might possibly cost you in the end?
                        That's right as to the complimentary part. On top of the fitting they brought my irons' lofts and lies into line which were all out of whack from wear for free. You will also get a blueprint of your current set by email and their "prescription" based on the club/shaft combinations you tried. Expect to be there for at least 3-4 hours if doing a full fitting. I was there for 3 and had to stop due to blisters opening up on my hands.

Most of the components aren't cheap as you'd expect when you first walk in. I'm waiting to be sent a menu of services with the prices listed but they're likely comparable to competitors (example I received was $5/club for a loft/lie adjustment which they did for free this time).

Comment

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
                          You should get the data within a few days. The info is all on the Trackman website itself rather than from TXG so they probably log in every now and then to upload and send out the info from recent fittings in batches.
                          Thank you... I did register on track man and I know Ian is at the golf show so I'll wait and see

Comment

Thanks for the response Nubbie.
                            Looking forward to my fitting date.

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
                            That's right as to the complimentary part. On top of the fitting they brought my irons' lofts and lies into line which were all out of whack from wear for free. You will also get a blueprint of your current set by email and their "prescription" based on the club/shaft combinations you tried. Expect to be there for at least 3-4 hours if doing a full fitting. I was there for 3 and had to stop due to blisters opening up on my hands.

Most of the components aren't cheap as you'd expect when you first walk in. I'm waiting to be sent a menu of services with the prices listed but they're likely comparable to competitors (example I received was $5/club for a loft/lie adjustment which they did for free this time).

Comment

I was just at TXG Golf yesterday and that place is amazing. This is Ian Fraser new gig, all by himself. (of course with Tracey and Benny the dog) Ian has a Trackman 4, all the shafts and heads you need. Full build shop in the back. I drove 2hrs from Peterborough and it's everything you expect. He mentioned he will have another location in TO around Rosedale golf course and Big D.

I have had fittings at MG, The Golf Lab (peak performance) and MG and if you want a top notch fit, with lower fitting cost, its a no brainer.
                              holeinone

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
                                He mentioned he will have another location in TO around Rosedale golf course and Big D.
                                did he mention how soon? TO location is 10 mins away. too far for burlington. Can't wait.
                                AIR HYBRID II on CG 3.5
                                Epic 9.5° Fujikura Pro Green 62 S
                                917 F2 15° Even Flow Blue 75 S
                                Stealth 3H 19° Ventus Red 7 S

P770 4-P Dynamic Gold 105 VSS S
                                MG2 50.09 | 54.11 | 58.08 Dynamic Gold S200
                                ER1 Blade
                                TP5x

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse