/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Where to go to get irons adjusted in the New Year?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go to get irons adjusted in the New Year?

I've been out of the game for some time and don't remember when Golf Town has their loft/lie adjustment event. I'd also like to keep costs low, so as much as I'd like to check out Modern Golf, etc. they are probably out.

I have a mixed bag of Mizuno MP57s PW-5i and MX23 3-4 iron (usually play a hybrid instead of 3 iron) purchased used. The 5 iron is shortened an inch off standard and a little flat and I think everything else is standard.

Re: Where to go to get irons adjusted in the New Year?

I can certainly help, but am out in the east end. Please take a look at my web site for what I have to offer. Lengths and lie angles are my specialty and will make a difference to your game.
    Regards
    Dan

True Length Technology TM
    Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
    True Frequency Technology TM
    - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
    - Master
    Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
    - Advanced / Professional
    Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
    - Class 'A'

Comment

Thanks. I'm interested in TLT fitting think it's out of my budget. I'm not sure of the condition of my shafts or if they're any good for me, and if I had to reshaft everything I would probably rather buy new or start from scratch with a used set of heads I liked better. What would the all-in cost for a set of irons custom made by you range from?

I've never been fit and grew up playing clubs that were way too long for me, so just getting everything somewhat in line and knowing what the clubs are set to would be a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
        Thanks. I'm interested in TLT fitting think it's out of my budget. I'm not sure of the condition of my shafts or if they're any good for me, and if I had to reshaft everything I would probably rather buy new or start from scratch with a used set of heads I liked better. What would the all-in cost for a set of irons custom made by you range from?

I've never been fit and grew up playing clubs that were way too long for me, so just getting everything somewhat in line and knowing what the clubs are set to would be a big help.
        Don't know what your budget is but TLT is not that pricey, probably not a whole lot more than having lie adjustments done at GT. Dan doesn't replace your shafts, he adjusts length and lie. Great guy to work with as well. PM me if you want more info.

Comment

I've been out of the game for some time and don't remember when Golf Town has their loft/lie adjustment event. I'd also like to keep costs low, so as much as I'd like to check out Modern Golf, etc. they are probably out.

I have a mixed bag of Mizuno MP57s PW-5i and MX23 3-4 iron (usually play a hybrid instead of 3 iron) purchased used. The 5 iron is shortened an inch off standard and a little flat and I think everything else is standard.
          With your location being Hamilton, the folks over at TXG have 2 locations and pricing that might fit your budget: http://www.txg.ca/

TXG is owned and operated by Ian Fraser, who was with Modern Golf up until last year.

Comment

Bag: Odyssey tour Staff Bag
            Putter: Odyssey D.A.R.T.
            Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 Regular Shaft
            3 Wood: Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Stiff
            5 Wood: Callaway FT-i Squareway Stiff
            Hybrids: Titleist 910 H Regular shaft Hybrid 19º & 24º
            Irons: Titleist 712 AP1 Regular Shaft.... 5 to 9 - PW - W
            Extra Wedges: Titleist 56º & 60º

Comment

I do have a number of pulled heads and a great number of pulled shafts so if this is the route I have selection.

If you want we can review your existing set as it may be suitable for a retrofit where we adapt that set without changing shafts. This is providing the head is suitable and the flex is reasonable.

A TLT fit will do more for your game in terms of performance and reliability. You describe your clubs as too long which is the simplest fix in the TLT world and I will work with you to keep you into a reasonable budget.
              Regards
              Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
              - Class 'A'

Comment

great question,adding in drive cost for you can't be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post
                  Don't know what your budget is but TLT is not that pricey, probably not a whole lot more than having lie adjustments done at GT. Dan doesn't replace your shafts, he adjusts length and lie. Great guy to work with as well. PM me if you want more info.
                  True as long as the flex is reasonably close to what you need. Every once in a while a set will be too far off in original flex and it is a recommended change, but only if needed.

Yes I am a dot over an hour from Hamilton, but I guarantee you that a TLT retrofit will do more for your game than traditional retrofit. The math model is the key, and I will certainly work with you to keep your budget within reason.

For some reason nearace feels this is an expensive drive?????? I would much rather the comments remain valid to the topic and leave the irrelevant alone.

I have many customers that travel much further than you and continue to tell me that it was worth every penny. I will leave that decision up to you but for most of us an hour drive for anything golf - is not unreasonable and is certainly not going to break the bank.
                  Regards
                  Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                  - Class 'A'

Comment

Update: I wound up going to Tour Experience Golf in Burlington as they're offering a limited time complimentary fitting experience from a trainee (supervised by the head clubmaker, Ian Fraser). I was able to try out a bunch of shafts and head combinations I never would have bothered to ask to try at say Golf Town. They're also equipped with Trackman which is a first for me. So much information to digest and I learned quite a few things too. Ian is super knowledgeable and could probably answer most any question you threw at him.

Unfortunately my hands started to blister up before I could finish. Next up might be picking which irons I already own to be my gamers and reshafting them.

Side note: I really appreciated the lack of a "hard sell" with regards to the various head/shaft combos I was trying. I think the feel and data speaks better for itself with the more expensive shaft options than any salesman ever could.

Thank you JIM and Ian at TXG for such a great opportunity! I look forward to coming back in the future.

More information on the free fitting session at https://www.facebook.com/theofficialtxg/ (couple posts down). Ian also said they're working on a podcast, so keep an eye out for that too.
                    Last edited by nubbie; Jan 14, 2017, 02:16 PM. Reason: fixed

Comment

Modern Golf!

Comment

I believe the listed prices in this GT link are current.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X