Collapse

finding out correct measurements for my own clubs

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding out correct measurements for my own clubs

i recently purchased a new set of vapor pro combos after using taylormade burners for a while. i was hoping to see if there was a way for me to find out if the vapor pro combos can be adjusted in any way to suit my swing style.

the clubs are the standard loft/length/lie but i already feel an improvement in my swing and in hitting the ball over my old burners. i do feel like the clubs might be a bit too long for me (I'm 5,6") and i do choke down a bit on them.

where can i go or who can i speak to that can help me determine what adjustments i need to make to the club in order for it to fit me better?

Re: finding out correct measurements for my own clubs

Search function brother

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyyt View Post
      i recently purchased a new set of vapor pro combos after using taylormade burners for a while. i was hoping to see if there was a way for me to find out if the vapor pro combos can be adjusted in any way to suit my swing style.

the clubs are the standard loft/length/lie but i already feel an improvement in my swing and in hitting the ball over my old burners. i do feel like the clubs might be a bit too long for me (I'm 5,6") and i do choke down a bit on them.

where can i go or who can i speak to that can help me determine what adjustments i need to make to the club in order for it to fit me better?
      This is something I do all the time. A True Length Technology Fitting and correction would bring every club into a specification - that fits you.

Great success can be had with retrofits so please let me know if I can help. I'm out in Hampton, just east of Oshawa so not a bad drive.

Appointment is required. Please check out my web site for more information.
      Regards
      Dan

True Length Technology TM
      Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
      True Frequency Technology TM
      - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
      - Master
      Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
      - Advanced / Professional
      Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
      - Class 'A'

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
        Search function brother
        Ive searched around the forums and either found old posts about this topic or some of the ones that were recommended were a bit too far for me. Would love to go somewhere within the GTA since I live in Vaughan

Comment

I would think even the most novice of club fitter should be able to tell you if the length and lie angle is correct for you. It's probably the easiest part of the fitting. You can even do it yourself at a driving range if you have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyyt View Post
            Ive searched around the forums and either found old posts about this topic or some of the ones that were recommended were a bit too far for me. Would love to go somewhere within the GTA since I live in Vaughan
            how about Google

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
              how about Google
              He ain't gonna like you

Comment

Why don't you just go to Golftown at a time when they're not too busy. Grab the lie board and a bunch of the tape strips they use to measure lie angle. Hit one ball for each iron off the lie board once you are warmed up and you'll see if the lie angle needs to be adjusted.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X