Collapse

Cobra clubmaking

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra clubmaking

I ordered a brand new set of Cobra irons and to my surprise when I took the grips off to put on new ones I noticed every shaft is cut unevenly and has small jagged sharp pieces sticking out

Not one shaft is cut evenly with a staight line, each one has a pronounced angle or sloped cut

Just wondered if anyone has encountered this and if it has any effect on the shaft's performance

Seems like they were put together by a novice clubmaker
    Last edited by Bagger Vance; Apr 5, 2017, 04:15 PM.

Re: Cobra clubmaking

ordered directly from Cobra (https://www.cobragolf.com/#)
    or from some hacksaw joint overseas?
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I have Cobra irons and driver and have changed the grips. No such issues on mine.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Every Cobra set I have regripped has been very well cut. Obviously there is going to be an instance or two where you're going to get a jagged cut because someone wasn't paying attention. However this will not affect playability, feel, or any other aspects of a shaft in the slightest.

Comment

...doesn't sound right, I would expect the shafts should be cut by a power saw and the edges should be square and razor sharp.

Comment

order was placed with Cobragolf.ca and the clubs came direct from Carlsbad California to me

Good to know it doesn't affect the club just puzzling that you would cut a whole set 3-P and not notice every club was crooked

almost looks like it was done by hand because its sort of wanders around up an down totally uneven

Comment

Originally posted by Bagger Vance View Post
              order was placed with Cobragolf.ca and the clubs came direct from Carlsbad California to me

Good to know it doesn't affect the club just puzzling that you would cut a whole set 3-P and not notice every club was crooked

almost looks like it was done by hand because its sort of wanders around up an down totally uneven
              take a pic and send it to them.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I'd take pictures and measure the lengths of all clubs" if they were sloppy with the cut they could have sloppy with the lengths as well.

Comment

I picked away a lot of the sharp parts but not what I would call a clean cut

Looks like a hockey stick cut down with a swiss army knife
                  Attached Files

Comment

Or a tube cutter. I for sure would let them know. This is way below standards.

Comment

Looks like someone laid 'em on the chop saw table without compensating for the taper of the shaft. Not a biggie. They probably didn't bother knocking off the burrs after chopping them. Maybe your clubs got built on a Friday at 4:30pm.

Comment

Seems odd. I play mine with the grips on.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton View Post
                          Looks like someone laid 'em on the chop saw table without compensating for the taper of the shaft. Not a biggie. They probably didn't bother knocking off the burrs after chopping them. Maybe your clubs got built on a Friday at 4:30pm.
                          Hack job. I made a simple little jig to account for taper and find it hard to believe that a factory wouldn't have something as or more sophisticated.
                          WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

QUOTE=ManFromMoffat;1645299]Hack job. I made a simple little jig to account for taper and find it hard to believe that a factory wouldn't have something as or more sophisticated.[/QUOTE]

A la Ping:

Comment

That does not look right. I could do better at home with a hand saw.

Originally posted by Bagger Vance View Post
                              I picked away a lot of the sharp parts but not what I would call a clean cut

Looks like a hockey stick cut down with a swiss army knife

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X