TM M2 Driver at C6 swingweight and hotmelt

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M2 Driver at C6 swingweight and hotmelt

Nuts.....
    I custom ordered a new 2017 M2 driver recently.......original order was 44.75", D2 swingweight, 60x shaft. Golftown called me last week to inform TM could only get the swing weight down to D3 and asked if that was ok.......I said no problem and today received my driver......44.75" and C6 swingweight lol.

Hit a handful in the sim and can definitely tell the balance and feel is off and the 60x feels like its playing tipped an 1". Told them I would hit a few tonight at the range and also speak to Modern Golf about getting it hotmelted as per my other clubs. Now that I think about it though, they are going to need to put 12g of hotmelt in the head to get it up to D2.......is this even feasible or smart?

I will most likely have to reorder it now unfortunately but I am going away in 2 weekends and have already been driver less for 2 weeks as it is......does that much hotmelt make sense? And can TM fast track a new driver any way?
    Cobra LTDx 9* w/ Ventus Blue TR 60x 44.5"
    SLDR Mini 15.6* w/ Fuji Pro 2.0 7s TS 42.5"
    Tour Issue Stealth 18* w/ Fuji Pro 2.0 8s TS 41.75"
    Titleist TSR2 21* w/ Hzrdus Black GEN4 80s
    ZX7 4-pw modus 120s
    Raw SM9 50* 08F
    Raw SM9 55* 13D
    Cleveland HB soft premier 8 33”

Originally posted by GoLoKennedy View Post
    Nuts.....
    I custom ordered a new 2017 M2 driver recently.......original order was 44.75", D2 swingweight, 60x shaft. Golftown called me last week to inform TM could only get the swing weight down to D3 and asked if that was ok.......I said no problem and today received my driver......44.75" and C6 swingweight lol.

Hit a handful in the sim and can definitely tell the balance and feel is off and the 60x feels like its playing tipped an 1". Told them I would hit a few tonight at the range and also speak to Modern Golf about getting it hotmelted as per my other clubs. Now that I think about it though, they are going to need to put 12g of hotmelt in the head to get it up to D2.......is this even feasible or smart?

I will most likely have to reorder it now unfortunately but I am going away in 2 weekends and have already been driver less for 2 weeks as it is......does that much hotmelt make sense? And can TM fast track a new driver any way?
    Sorry, but this entire sentence makes no sense. What brand and model shaft did you order?
    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

What doesn't make sense? I ordered the 2017 M2 at 44.75, D2 swingweight and received it at 44.75, C6? Ironically, TM called GT and informed them they could only get the swingweight to D3.....heavier then D2 but won't bother me. The shaft is the Diamana W Series 60g x-stiff........and I ordered the D+ 60x which was also incorrect (D+ has a stiffer tip, W series has a stiffer butt). However the weight difference between the 2 shafts would make less then 1 point difference in swingweight.
      ZX7 4-pw modus 120s
      Raw SM9 50* 08F
      Raw SM9 55* 13D

Comment

I would experiment with lead tape first , make sure that it plays the way you want. hot melt is permanent and might be a tough sell after if you don't want to keep it.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

What doesn't make sense? I ordered the 2017 M2 at 44.75, D2 swingweight and received it at 44.75, C6? Ironically, TM called GT and informed them they could only get the swingweight to D3.....heavier then D2 but won't bother me. The shaft is the Diamana W Series 60g x-stiff........and I ordered the D+ 60x which was also incorrect (D+ has a stiffer tip, W series has a stiffer butt). However the weight difference between the 2 shafts would make less then 1 point difference in swingweight.
          If it was me I would send it back. Grossly off the mark swing weight and wrong shaft. I know it sucks to go through all the hassle, but it's not even close to being sort-of correct.

Comment

You said you ordered D2 and TM could only get it DOWN to D3. That is up, not down. Also, you never named the brand or the shaft model until your reply to me, hence the confusion.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

You said you ordered D2 and TM could only get it DOWN to D3. That is up, not down. Also, you never named the brand or the shaft model until your reply to me, hence the confusion.
              Yeah now that I read it you're right it does sound a bit confusing my apologies. And I also agree I'll have to send it back and probably order it with a longer shaft as well. From reading on WRX the heads are really light and everyone is having issues with ordering the M2 anywhere under 45".
              And by the sounds of it their CS isn't all that accommodating with swing weight.
              ZX7 4-pw modus 120s
              Raw SM9 50* 08F
              Raw SM9 55* 13D

Comment

Swing weight sounds right, you lose about 3 points with every 1/2". Taylormade does not account for any losses or gains in SW, so you are on your own when it comes to any adjustments in length. As for hot melt, listen to Weirfan and use lead tape to test because once you add it, you CANNOT remove it and are stuck. If the person adding the hot melt doesn't pay attention, they could also add too much and then you'll be swinging an anvil.

Comment

Just returned and re-ordered the M2 and TM is trying to put a rush on it although no guarantees. Ended up increasing the length to 45.25" which should get it around the SW I prefer. I'll do some testing at that length but may also take it down to 45" and have Modern Golf add a couple grams of hotmelt as I prefer the sound and feel.

GT said they will at least give me a demo to use while i'm away in the event that my new order isn't ready in time which I appreciate.
                  ZX7 4-pw modus 120s
                  Raw SM9 50* 08F
                  Raw SM9 55* 13D

Comment

An option is to add some hot melt then fine tune with a new head weight.

Taylormade Stealth Plus 9o Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
                    Titleist TSR3 15o Fujikura Rombax P95x
                    Titleist TSi3 Hybrid 18 Fujikura Ventus Blue 10x
                    Titleist T200 4 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 90x
                    Titleist T100 5-PW DG AMT White X100
                    Vokey SM8 50, 54 & 58
                    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Comment

I checked Billy Bobs yesterday......shipping is crazy lol. Cheapest is $10 US and they said it could take anywhere from a week to a month with no tracking. 5 days shipping was like $35 US......1 day UPS was $95 bucks for a 10 gram weight lol. Their customer service guy wasn't too interested in helping me when I called either. After taxes, duty, conversion etc it would be like $100 bucks for the weight......no thanks!
                      ZX7 4-pw modus 120s
                      Raw SM9 50* 08F
                      Raw SM9 55* 13D

Comment

Try Joe Chan at Within Range Markham location. I bought a 10 gram weight for my 2016 M2 driver last year.

Comment

I checked Billy Bobs yesterday......shipping is crazy lol. Cheapest is $10 US and they said it could take anywhere from a week to a month with no tracking. 5 days shipping was like $35 US......1 day UPS was $95 bucks for a 10 gram weight lol. Their customer service guy wasn't too interested in helping me when I called either. After taxes, duty, conversion etc it would be like $100 bucks for the weight......no thanks!
                          Last item I ordered using their $10 shipping took exactly 1 week to be delivered. It was sent USPS with a tracking number that also allows it to be tracked through Canada Post once it crosses the border.
                          Taylormade Stealth Plus 9o Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
                          Titleist TSR3 15o Fujikura Rombax P95x
                          Titleist TSi3 Hybrid 18 Fujikura Ventus Blue 10x
                          Titleist T200 4 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 90x
                          Titleist T100 5-PW DG AMT White X100
                          Vokey SM8 50, 54 & 58
                          Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by TeeMoney View Post

Last item I ordered using their $10 shipping took exactly 1 week to be delivered. It was sent USPS with a tracking number that also allows it to be tracked through Canada Post once it crosses the border.
                            Good to know! When I called their customer service wasn't very helpful and wasn't too interested in my business so it was kind of a turn off but if I do need a new weight in the future I at least know it won't be a month like the dude told me.....And he said there wasn't tracking as well lol

Thanks for the info

ZX7 4-pw modus 120s
                            Raw SM9 50* 08F
                            Raw SM9 55* 13D

Comment

Good to know! When I called their customer service wasn't very helpful and wasn't too interested in my business so it was kind of a turn off but if I do need a new weight in the future I at least know it won't be a month like the dude told me.....And he said there wasn't tracking as well lol

Thanks for the info
                              If the 2016 weights fit the 2017, Golfworks sells them for $28 or so

GolfWorks Canada is a fully stocked retail store specializing in golf club components, custom fittings and golf club repairs. We offer the largest selection of golf grips, shafts, heads and accessories in the industry.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X