Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ball Fitting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Fitting?

Just curious if this service is offered anywhere in the GTA. I know you can potentially get some #'s from GT fitting but I would be interested in doing a specific fitting for a ball. I think this area is often overlooked and can easily be as beneficial to any club fitting.
    "Why did they call it golf???? Because F**K was taken!"

Ping G30 SF Tec
    Ping G25 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP1 714 4-AW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 Raw Black M-Grind - 54, 58
    Odyssey Metal-X Milled Versa 7

TXG is offering ball fittings. I don't know what balls they have test but no one else does stuff like that!

Comment

A golf ball does not make that big of difference. I did test between a ProV1 and a Callaway HX Diablo and a Titleist DT TrueSoft and got the "best" numbers with the DT. When I say best I mean it got me maybe 3-400 RPMs of spin and it changed my launch by 0.5*.

I frequently find Noodles and such and hit them for second shots for fun. I can spin those just as well as other tour balls. I also hit a Founders Club bomb golf ball that flew the same distance off a hybrid that a ProV1x did.

So play what what you like the feel of and what fits your budget.
      Ping G30 LS 9* - Ping Tour 65 'S'
      Taylormade R15 TP 17* - Graphite Design MJ 6X
      Nike Vapor Flex 20* hybrid - ATTAS 4U 7X
      Adams 9031 23* - ACCRA Dymatch 2.0 M4
      Mizuno JPX900 Forged 6-PW - C-Taper Lite 'S'
      Miura 50* - Aldila RIP 115 'S'
      Engage Toe Sweep 55* - Dynamic Gold
      Engage Square Sole 59* - Dynamic Gold
      Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

Comment

I won two A Flight Club Championships using Callaway's Diablo Tour which sold for $36 for two dozen. It flew and spun exactly as I wanted. The scores were 74-77, 70-79.
        #1 Cobra F6+ 9*, Project X LZ Handcrafted 5.0
        #2 Tourstage 705 455 10.5*. Tour AD B11-01W S
        2016 Cobra F6 16*, Matrix Red Tie Lite
        Cobra F6 19*, Matrix Red Tie Lite
        Cobra F6 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
        Tour Stage X-Blade 5-PW, stock graphite S
        Cobra Tour Trusty 51*, 57*, 60* DG-S200
        Wilson Staff Southside/Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang
        Srixon Q Star Tour ball
        Pure Pro Grips

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Yah I tend to agree especially cuz we're not pros. Maybe if your a low single digit or plus HC. But I hover around a 10-12.

I do notice different balls feel different that's forsure. Performance is a different issue

off the driver they're all the same for me. Some feel more like rocks and others much better. But I hit a prov1 v1x driving zstar, basically any tour ball, as well as mid range like nxt tour, Qstar, supersoft etc the same. Heck even entry balls are the same. Some are no good but noodle long and soft, pinnacle golds etc are great.

Irons the same.

The big big difference is under 130y. If I'm playing well I have much more spin control with Tour balls. I can get them to stop, release and even sometimes spin back (but again I'm no pro so it's always relevant)

if I'm using pinacle golds it's much harder to hit that low checking chip or pitch shot.

Driver---Callaway Epic SZ (9) Fujikura Pro Green 62 S 45"
          3W------Cobra King F6 (14.5) Aldila Tour Blue 75 S 42.65"
          5W------Cobra King F6 Baffler (17.5) Aldila Tour Blue 85 S 41.75"
          3H-------Cobra King F6 (20.5) Fujikura Motore Speeder 9.8 TS S 39.4"
          Irons------Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW C Taper S
          Wedges---Cleveland RTX 3 (52/MG 58/LG) C Taper S/KBS 610 Wedge S
          Putter-----Taylormade Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Midslim 2.0
          TLT'D @ Dans Custom Golf

Comment

I would agree that it makes the biggest difference in the short game - approach, pitches, and especially putting. Some balls are so soft you barely feel them off the face of the putter.

As driving is my biggest strength I can definitely notice a difference off the tee. Some balls spin way more and some seem to stay in line with the same swing. Having said that, I am no pro either and also hover around a 10.

Was just curious to know if seeing numbers could support having that 'perfect' ball for your game. It would be nice to zero in on one knowing it performed best for you every time.

Having said that, I won't be throwing back found Prov1s from the bush just because they don't 'fit' me
            "Why did they call it golf???? Because F**K was taken!"

Ping G30 SF Tec
            Ping G25 3 Hybrid
            Titleist AP1 714 4-AW
            Titleist Vokey SM5 Raw Black M-Grind - 54, 58
            Odyssey Metal-X Milled Versa 7

Comment

For me, a ball that is standing out length-wise off the Driver is the RZN Tour Platinum.
              I bought a few boxes when Sportchek had them on sale. I play a variety of premium balls, and really don't notice much difference from ball-to-ball other than impact feel ... so I wasn't expecting any surprises with the RZN. But the RZN has proven itself a longer off my Driver.

Didn't Bridgestone once offer ball-fitting-days at Golftown ?
              WITB:
              Cobra King LTD with Attas 5 GoGo 60S
              Callaway 816 14* with Kurokage TiNi 50 Stiff
              Titleist 915HD 17.5* with Diamana S+ 70S
              Mizuno JPX-900 4-GW with Accra 110i, TLT built by Dan
              Nike VR Pro 54/60 with Accra 110i, TLT built by Dan
              TM Ghost Spider 33" SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                For me, a ball that is standing out length-wise off the Driver is the RZN Tour Platinum.
                I bought a few boxes when Sportchek had them on sale. I play a variety of premium balls, and really don't notice much difference from ball-to-ball other than impact feel ... so I wasn't expecting any surprises with the RZN. But the RZN has proven itself a longer off my Driver.

Didn't Bridgestone once offer ball-fitting-days at Golftown ?
                That is a great feeling ball, I like that they feel *lighter* than most...even if they aren't.

Bridgestone did, but they were pretty much useless. My dad did one when the B330Rx first came out and he hit one shot with it that went 235 at 12* of launch and something like 2500 spin and the rep said "It's perfect!!!". He told her he wanted to hit some more and she begrudgingly allowed him to but kept saying how it was the best ball for him even though he got similar numbers with everything. Surprisingly, everyone walked away getting recommended the RX/RXs unless your swing speed was super slow then it was e5. Conversely, if you were 107+ (which I think was only 1 person) you got recommended the B330/B330s.
                Ping G30 LS 9* - Ping Tour 65 'S'
                Taylormade R15 TP 17* - Graphite Design MJ 6X
                Nike Vapor Flex 20* hybrid - ATTAS 4U 7X
                Adams 9031 23* - ACCRA Dymatch 2.0 M4
                Mizuno JPX900 Forged 6-PW - C-Taper Lite 'S'
                Miura 50* - Aldila RIP 115 'S'
                Engage Toe Sweep 55* - Dynamic Gold
                Engage Square Sole 59* - Dynamic Gold
                Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

Comment

and not much point to a ball specific vendor's test because you'll obviously be fit into one of their lines.
                  unless it's agnostic you still won't know what ball is best for you..
                  Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
                  Ping i25 3w Tour65 s
                  Miz 21Fli-Hi Gblue s
                  TA 845s GDs300
                  Clev588 53,57
                  Cal i-Trax

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

OUR NEWSLETTER

Collapse