Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raw M2 Dricer shaft length vs callaway alpha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw M2 Dricer shaft length vs callaway alpha

I LOVE the speeder 665 in the alpha and I want to put it into my m2. Does anyone know the raw lengths of each shaft without a sleeve? Is it as simple as remove the Cally sleeve and install a TM one and it will play at the same length?
    Rip it and Sip it

Do they both currently play at the same length? All adapters have roughly an inch or so insertion depth. I would be shocked if there is more than 1/4" difference when it was all done.
    Ping G30 LS 9* - Ping Tour 65 'S'
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15* - Kuro Kage 70FW 'X'
    Taylormade R15 TP 17* - Graphite Design MJ 60 'X'
    Irons TBD
    Miura 50* - Aldila RIP 115 'S'
    Engage Toe Sweep 55* - Dynamic Gold 's300'
    Engage Square Sole 59* - Dynamic Gold 's300'
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

Comment

I'm not sure. I know the shaft with the Cally tip measures at 43" tip to butt. My TM shaft measures 44.25 tip to butt end. Seems like a big difference. Both are from drivers
      Rip it and Sip it

Comment

when placed side by each are the same height? if not your alpha's 665 has likely been cut down to play at the currently fashionable 44", probably butt trim. Easy enough to check if you want to splurge on a re-grip.
        Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
        Ping i25 3w Accra Tour Z M4
        Ping i25 5w PWR75s
        Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
        Clev588 53,57
        Cal i-Trax

Comment

I dont own both otherwise I would just pop the tips off and see. I might just buy it and take my chances
          Rip it and Sip it

Comment

No matter the difference in length, an extension and re grip os very easy work! Go for it.
            Titleist 915 D2
            Titleist 915 F
            Wishon 929 F
            Wishon 775 Hybrid
            PING i5 Irons
            PING Tour S Rustique 52*
            PING Anser 56*
            PING Glide ES 60*
            MannKrafted Rattler XL
            MannKrafted Midwave
            SGC 902 Custom

Comment

BBTG - Bottom bore to ground measurement between callaway and Taylormade are very different.

Pulling a shaft from Cally driver then putting it into a TM tip then into the driver head you will LOSE about .5" of final driver length.

This is the same reason I also tell people you cant just use the shafts from your old irons into your new ones especially if they are different brand, its the same with drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by tobybear View Post
                BBTG - Bottom bore to ground measurement between callaway and Taylormade are very different.

Pulling a shaft from Cally driver then putting it into a TM tip then into the driver head you will LOSE about .5" of final driver length.

This is the same reason I also tell people you cant just use the shafts from your old irons into your new ones especially if they are different brand, its the same with drivers.
                This is the answer I was hoping to find. Thanks!
                Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Originally posted by storm View Post

This is the answer I was hoping to find. Thanks!
                  Happy to help

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                    Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                    TrGo
                    iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                  • TrGo
                    TGN To-Do List
                    TrGo
                    Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                    Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                  X