Collapse

Toronto Golf Club...WOW!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Golf Club...WOW!

Played it today and it is incredible. If you get a chance to play it, jump on it!

Re: Toronto Golf Club...WOW!

Still waiting for an invite

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post
      Played it today and it is incredible.
      That seems to be the consensus. A fantastic course. I've never had the pleasure either.
      Money won is twice as sweet as money earned!

Comment

Originally posted by owu23 View Post
        Still waiting for an invite

Ditto; lol.

Comment

It is my new favorite course hands down. No need for a long track, it is a par 70 with no par 5s on the front. Very challenging but it is hard to lose a ball. Fair but tough. Beautiful views of the city. You can actually see the CN tower from a 2 of the holes on the back nine. And very cool that Hal Sutton has the course record with a 60!

Comment

Great course and classic old style clubhouse. Only problem is the noise of the GO Trains going by every 5 minutes on some of the holes. Other than that, what's not to like.......!
            If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

Originally posted by dufneristheman View Post
              It is my new favorite course hands down. No need for a long track, it is a par 70 with no par 5s on the front. Very challenging but it is hard to lose a ball. Fair but tough. Beautiful views of the city. You can actually see the CN tower from a 2 of the holes on the back nine. And very cool that Hal Sutton has the course record with a 60!
              I am invited once a year and find the course very difficult. I have trouble with the greens, very fast with undulations, and can't seem to chip or putt anything close. Have trouble with the run off areas too.

Love being there though as I feel transported to a different time and place. I hope to do better next year, but said that this year and had same result.

Comment

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post
                I am invited once a year and find the course very difficult. I have trouble with the greens, very fast with undulations, and can't seem to chip or putt anything close. Have trouble with the run off areas too.

Love being there though as I feel transported to a different time and place. I hope to do better next year, but said that this year and had same result.
                To make it even tougher, the greens are also massive. The other trouble I had was getting yardages because there are so many fairway traps, you're not sure if you should lay up or try and carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by dufneristheman View Post
                  No need for a long track? Try the black tees. Even from the blues there are a few 420-460 yd par 4s. Pretty easy to lose a ball.....are you sure you played TGC...on Dixie rd....

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post
                    To make it even tougher, the greens are also massive. The other trouble I had was getting yardages because there are so many fairway traps, you're not sure if you should lay up or try and carry them.
                    There are 2 holes where fairway traps are really in play....8 and 16. I play ther a few times every year so they are easy to figure out really. Spectacular place.
                    Go train is parallel to 13 and only bothers on the tee really.

Comment

Played it this year making it 40 of the top 100 I've tackled. Just a beautiful place and amazing experience. I hung up the clubs for the season after that round (~Oct. 20). I'm sure nothing would have topped it, but I didn't realize would have been able to play until Christmas Eve.

Comment

where is Toronto Golf Club located?

Comment

Originally posted by golfin1234 View Post
                          Google is your friend and You'll have to use it.
                          In The Ogio
                          Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
                          Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
                          Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
                          Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
                          Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
                          Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
                          MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Mississauga, seriously.

Originally posted by golfin1234 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Onin3 View Post
                              Mississauga, seriously.
                              I think East side of Dixie Rd is considered Toronto, or was it 427/Browns line the dividing line?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X