Collapse

The Club at Bond Head

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
    I think what is going on at Bondhead, to cause the time delays, is the end of season Underpar coupon fever.
    Played South course a few weeks ago and it was close to 5 hrs. The greens were good and the staff were professional but the bunkers were in dismal condition. I was in only one but from what I saw the majority were washed out on the high side and rock hard.The$10 extra for the use of their driving range was a surprise. Would I pay full price to play there? No, because it's not my style of course. I'd prefer a 5hr round on Lakeview any day
    Underpar coupons ( and i used one both days) are not a reason for the course to manipulate tee intervals and cram so many people onto the course the way they did on Tuesday. UP are paid in advance so no advatage to the course to overbook unless they are adding green fee players onto a full tee sheet . Monday was a holiday and we teed off in the mid afternoon , so i can see things taking a bit longer , (5 hrs ) and it was cart path only on the front which contributed otherwise it would have been probably closer to 4:30 -4:45 . IMO no excuse for what the course did Tuesday.
    Last edited by Weirfan; Oct 20, 2017, 10:51 AM.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Underpar coupons ( and i used one both days) are not a reason for the course to manipulate tee intervals and cram so many people onto the course the way they did on Tuesday. UP are paid in advance so no advantage to the course to overbook unless they are adding green fee players onto a full tee sheet . Monday was a holiday and we teed off in the mid afternoon , so i can see things taking a bit longer , (5 hrs ) and it was cart path only on the front which contributed otherwise it would have been probably closer to 4:30 -4:45 . IMO no excuse for what the course did Tuesday.
      underlined is quite possible.
      plus the course is not yet suggesting you won't make the full 18 after 2pm though daylight hrs are noticeable shorter.
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Played on Monday 16th on Bond Head North, split tees starting on 10 at 9:09. First round was quite slow at 4.5+ but it was cart path only so that would account for some of it. Found greens were very slow!?
        As this was UnderPar, we got off on replay round just before 2:30. With the help from a very good marshal who noticed we were behind a slow 4-some, he mentioned to them to keep the pace up and/or watch for the 2-some behind. On the 5th hole, they let us through and then we were able to easily complete the round in well under 4 hrs with plenty of daylight. Not sure that anyone behind us would have been so fortunate, next group was easily 3 holes behind.
        With busy courses, esp when using UnderPar and wanting a replay, look to book on a day with the worst forecast, which keeps the crowds down.

Comment

Originally posted by kimi View Post
          Played on Monday 16th on Bond Head North, split tees starting on 10 at 9:09. First round was quite slow at 4.5+ but it was cart path only so that would account for some of it. Found greens were very slow!?
          As this was UnderPar, we got off on replay round just before 2:30. With the help from a very good marshal who noticed we were behind a slow 4-some, he mentioned to them to keep the pace up and/or watch for the 2-some behind. On the 5th hole, they let us through and then we were able to easily complete the round in well under 4 hrs with plenty of daylight. Not sure that anyone behind us would have been so fortunate, next group was easily 3 holes behind.
          With busy courses, esp when using UnderPar and wanting a replay, look to book on a day with the worst forecast, which keeps the crowds down.
          does the North course get as much play as South? Almost everybody I talk to chooses the SC. both days I called there were plenty of times on NC few to none on the South. NC is such a gimmicky and silly layout
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

played the North course on Sunday afternoon. Pace of play was slow, and the course was full - not a spot to be found in the parking lot. I dont thin I saw one marshall on the course the whole day. We teed off on the 10th. Course was in great shape and luckily we got 16 holes - calling it when we could not see properly on the 8th hole. As expected the fall colours were in abundence, and luckily the leaves were not too bad. The carts we had were not the swiftest, but still got us around the course OK.
            In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
            Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
            Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
            Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
            Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
            Cobra S3 5w
            TaylorMade R11 3w
            TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

I played Saturday, teed of at 1.55pm in a foursome on the North course. We went off on #10. Same as Tommy, the parking lot was full. We didn't finish the first 9 until 4.30pm, we figured we would never get 18 in. But, the 4 in front picked up the pace, we putted out on our last hole at 6.40pm - got all 18 in.

The cart girls were out, but no marshals.

As an aside, the traps were in the worst condition of any course I played this year. It was obvious they had not been maintained for days if not weeks. Most were rock hard, and many had weeds growing in them like, well, weeds. The course superintendent should be ashamed
              Last edited by bk51; Oct 24, 2017, 10:33 PM. Reason: wrong end time for 1st nine
              ----
              Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

I'll golf maybe once at BondHead next year. I bought a lot of vouchers for BondHead from UnderPar this year only to find they had similiar offerings on golfnow or with the coupons on the back of their yardage book (that you get at the course). It seems the # of deals you could get there kept increasing later in the season and I found it difficult to get a 4some when I wanted. I prefer the south course over the hilly/gimmicky north.
                The range was included whenever I went but I'm not sure if that was printed on any of the vouchers.
                If it wasn't and I then found out that they were charging $10 (and from the mats) I would be angry.

Comment

Played at Bond Head South yesterday (May 14); started early afternoon.

Fairly busy, but didn't encounter any serious delays until the 17th hole and 18th holes.

Greens were sub-standard. Incredibly slow, and a lot of pitch marks.

Despite the starter's instructions, I think I was the only one there raking traps. Footprints everywhere, and many of the bunkers had an excess of stones/rocks.

It's a good track, and I've played there once before.
                  However, I would only go back if I knew that the greens were in better shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                    Played at Bond Head South yesterday (May 14); started early afternoon.

Fairly busy, but didn't encounter any serious delays until the 17th hole and 18th holes.

Greens were sub-standard. Incredibly slow, and a lot of pitch marks.

Despite the starter's instructions, I think I was the only one there raking traps. Footprints everywhere, and many of the bunkers had an excess of stones/rocks.

It's a good track, and I've played there once before.
                    However, I would only go back if I knew that the greens were in better shape.
                    Played it on Sunday afternoon and agree on all points.

Greens were probably running a 5 on the stimp - really hard to get used to, and yes, TONS of pitch marks, old and new.

I somehow didn't end up in a bunker, but did notice that they were a total mess. I realize they're not supposed to have crisp cut edges and white sand as part of their 'rugged, natural' design, but they seemed like they hadn't been touched by a maintenance crew yet this year.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X