Collapse

orlando golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: orlando golf

I'm sure it is. It's a good 45 minutes to get to from International drive. Grand Cypress is very close.

Mission is a fun place but El Campeon is way more interesting course than the other. We did the drive out to Mission twice, the second time was because we enjoyed El Campeon as much as we did. But haven't been back. The second time the courses were not in as great shape. Ponds were very dry and parts of course were also very dry. El Campeon is very different from most golf you'll find in Orlando..

I think Grand Cypress has held a few LPGA Year End Championships there so there is probably a bit more Mystique. Its a very flat layout on both courses. But as I mentioned before the "New Course" is pretty neat. Last time we were there, we took our dads with us and it was a must play because of the layout.

Having been to Orlando as much as I have and having been to both facilitiesI would probably pick Grand Cypress. but that's My opinion and we all know about those!
    In My Sun Mountain FOUR5 or ClicGear B3

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 60 X 125MSI
    3 Wood: Titleist 913FD
    Hybrid: Titleist 913 HD 20* & 23* Diamana White X
    Irons: Taylor Made PSI 5- PW
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4 52*, 56*, 60*
    Putter: Scotty Futura X7
    Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt

Comment

Upcoming golf:

Friday January 20 - Celebration Golf Club
      Saturday January 21 - Falcon’s Fire Golf Club
      Sunday January 22 - ChampionsGate Country Club
      Monday January 23 - LPGA International Golf Club (Hills Course)
      Tuesday January 24 - Southern Dunes
      Wednesday January 25 - Legends at Orange Lake
      PGA Merchandise Show

I will report the course conditions.

Comment

Upcoming rounds in Orlando

Sunday January 22 - TBD
        Monday January 23 - Lake Buona Vista
        Tuesday January 24 - Champions Gat - National
        Wednesday January 25 - Champions Gate - International

I cant wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Qball View Post
          I'm sure it is. It's a good 45 minutes to get to from International drive. Grand Cypress is very close.

Mission is a fun place but El Campeon is way more interesting course than the other. We did the drive out to Mission twice, the second time was because we enjoyed El Campeon as much as we did. But haven't been back. The second time the courses were not in as great shape. Ponds were very dry and parts of course were also very dry. El Campeon is very different from most golf you'll find in Orlando..

I think Grand Cypress has held a few LPGA Year End Championships there so there is probably a bit more Mystique. Its a very flat layout on both courses. But as I mentioned before the "New Course" is pretty neat. Last time we were there, we took our dads with us and it was a must play because of the layout.

Having been to Orlando as much as I have and having been to both facilitiesI would probably pick Grand Cypress. but that's My opinion and we all know about those!
          Great advice, I think Grand Cypress makes a tone of sense with a limited amount of time there, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Acoughlin View Post
            Lots of available resources to search, check out teetimesusa for rates, reviews, and to book

Bella Collina in Montverde is always fun for a treat
            Seconded on Bella Collina. Was fairly cheap and the course is great but the clubhouse is something else!

Comment

My favourite course is Mystic Dunes. Other favourites are Falcon Fire, Hawks Landing, Highland Reserve, Royal St. Cloud, Legends, Celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Morris View Post
                My favourite course is Mystic Dunes. Other favourites are Falcon Fire, Hawks Landing, Highland Reserve, Royal St. Cloud, Legends, Celebration.
                Four of us were down the week of Dec 3-10 (for the 10th time). We book almost all our courses through TeeTimesUSA or GolfPacTravel. Both groups warned us away from Mystic Dunes and MetroWest. Interestingly, when I go to golfadvisor.com and look at reviews for both courses (which are bad, BTW), I see responses to reviews by Integrity Golf Co. They manage or own lots of courses, and 8 in the Orlando area.

I hope those two courses aren't and indication of what we can expect at the other 6. Although, we did play 2 of the others, Harmony and Rio Pinar, and were quite pleased with both.
                ----
                Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Was in Orlando Jan 14-21

Played Remington (Kissimmee) all you can play with lunch and cart and soft drinks for $45 USD, Stoneybrook West, Orange County National (Panther Lake, GN Hot Deal for $53 USD, $43 after $10 voucher) and Wekiva (Also hot deal, $18 USD I think, good length, decent condition). Was pleased with all rounds, OCN was in great condition. Was neat to see the driving ranges where you hit into a pond. Great vacation and great to play January golf

Comment

Originally posted by bamafan1991 View Post
                    Was in Orlando Jan 14-21

Played Remington (Kissimmee) all you can play with lunch and cart and soft drinks for $45 USD, Stoneybrook West, Orange County National (Panther Lake, GN Hot Deal for $53 USD, $43 after $10 voucher) and Wekiva (Also hot deal, $18 USD I think, good length, decent condition). Was pleased with all rounds, OCN was in great condition. Was neat to see the driving ranges where you hit into a pond. Great vacation and great to play January golf
                    Was the USD$45 deal a one time offer? I am looking to Remington Kississmee to play sometime later in February mainly to work on my game so need a basic course and practice facilities. The USD$45 deal would be great and I'd be willing to play there exclusively assuming the the conditions are at least ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackboxalgo View Post
                      Was the USD$45 deal a one time offer? I am looking to Remington Kississmee to play sometime later in February mainly to work on my game so need a basic course and practice facilities. The USD$45 deal would be great and I'd be willing to play there exclusively assuming the the conditions are at least ok.
                      Hmm, I played Sunday January 15th. It was great actually. Initial tee time was for 7:52 am. I'm from Winnipeg but there was a group of 8 guys from Burlington including one guy who was yucking it up with everyone, flirting with the servers in the restaurant, noticed them because of the abundance of leafs gear. Was able to play two rounds and have a 45 min lunch break in between and still finish just before 4pm.

But you are right, I can't seem to find that deal on their website tee booking system or on Golf Now, which I used to collect rewards. Maybe best to contact the course? When looking at tee times when I was booking, they would have different options depending on if you wanted to play just a single round or the all you can play option. 2 rounds with cart, range balls, breakfast/lunch for $60 CAD, great value.

As an aside, course is pretty nice, its not Orange Country National but it stretches to 7000+ yards so there are a variety of tees, greens were in good condition, fairways decent, staff friendly. It was my opening round after a three month layoff and I had a great time.

Comment

Hmm, I played Sunday January 15th. It was great actually. Initial tee time was for 7:52 am. I'm from Winnipeg but there was a group of 8 guys from Burlington including one guy who was yucking it up with everyone, flirting with the servers in the restaurant, noticed them because of the abundance of leafs gear. Was able to play two rounds and have a 45 min lunch break in between and still finish just before 4pm.

But you are right, I can't seem to find that deal on their website tee booking system or on Golf Now, which I used to collect rewards. Maybe best to contact the course? When looking at tee times when I was booking, they would have different options depending on if you wanted to play just a single round or the all you can play option. 2 rounds with cart, range balls, breakfast/lunch for $60 CAD, great value.

As an aside, course is pretty nice, its not Orange Country National but it stretches to 7000+ yards so there are a variety of tees, greens were in good condition, fairways decent, staff friendly. It was my opening round after a three month layoff and I had a great time.
                        Thanks for the feedback especially the course conditions. I'm not looking for a golf vacation but more of a golf training camp so the all-day same course would work great for the trip especially with lunch included. Will give them (Remington) a shout and see if I can work out a deal.

Comment

Was in Orlando Jan 14-21

As a follow up on I just called Remington and it's now USD$50+tax for unlimited play up to February 15th after which it goes up "$10 or so" the Pro Shop guy says. Just passing along in case anybody is interested. Myself this looks like a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by YQVGolfer View Post
                            Upcoming golf:

Friday January 20 - Celebration Golf Club
                            Sunday January 22 - ChampionsGate Country Club
                            Monday January 23 - LPGA International Golf Club (Hills Course)
                            Tuesday January 24 - Southern Dunes
                            Wednesday January 25 - Legends at Orange Lake
                            PGA Merchandise Show

I will report the course conditions.
                            Celebration, Friday Jan 20: $75 including a small bucket of range balls floaters). Slow check in. Our threesome teed off at 1:05. The round took 4:30. Fairways in good condition. Rough was reasonable. Bunkers OK. Greens were slow and bumpy. #15 green had a few bare patches but they were near the edges and didn't come into play. This is about my 4th round there and it is consistently good but never great.

Falcon's Fire, Saturday Jan 21: $69 including range balls. The range ball dispenser was empty. The man driving the range ball picker gave us a large bucket full of balls each. Teed off at 10:58. The round took 4:00. Fairways on the front 9 had some brown patches but seemed to have been overwatered the night before. There was water in 1 bunker, some soft areas, and some ruts. The rough was reasonable. Bunkers OK. Greens were slow and bumpy on the front 9. The entire course seemed a bit shaggy and it didn't appear that the tee boxes had been cut for a few days. The greens on the back 9 were better.

ChampionsGate Country Club, Sunday Jan 22: $49 Wide fairways that appeared to have recently been punched. Huge greens. Best greens
                            so far - fast and smooth. Good bunkers. 4:00 for 18 and then played 9 hole replay in 90 minutes. We are a 3 some. Windy and rainy but we played.

LPGA International Golf Club (Hills Course), Monday Jan 23. $40 Course was not in the best condition due to 2 inches of rain the previous evening. Good practice facility. Nice course but has a couple of gimmicky par 4s. The greens were fast and smooth and the bunkers were good. 4:00 round.

Southern Dunes, Tuesday Jan 24. $99. Nice track. Kicked our butts. Lots of elevation changes. The greens were hard, fast, and undulating. Lots of 3 jacks. All 180+ bunkers were in great condition and I tested my share.

Legends at Orange Lake, Wednesday Jan 25. $79. Tee time was 1:08. We arrived at about 12:15 and were told that we might be delayed due to a shortage of carts. Received our carts at 1:15. Waited to tee off until 1:30. Course was not in good condition. Slow round. Beverage girl met us on the 8th hole at 3:30 and told us that it was her last pass because she finished at 4:00, there was no one else to drive the cart, and the course would not pay her overtime. Finished at 6:15 when it was almost dark. 4:45 round. The cart guys told us there were 10 or 12 carts still out.

Comment

I'm going to be in Orlando next Thurs - Sun. Initial plans had me tied up with no golf time but my Friday is now pretty open. I'm staying at the Hampton on N. International Blvd Thursday night but won't have a car.

Would love to get a game in.

1) Any decent enough course very close to there? I don't need fancy for a bonus round in Feb. Only bonus would be if their rental clubs are nice because I won't haul my clubs for 1 outing.

2) Any Nuts who have anything planned already in the area Feb. 10 and could use another guy to join them?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                                I'm going to be in Orlando next Thurs - Sun. Initial plans had me tied up with no golf time but my Friday is now pretty open. I'm staying at the Hampton on N. International Blvd Thursday night but won't have a car.

Would love to get a game in.

1) Any decent enough course very close to there? I don't need fancy for a bonus round in Feb. Only bonus would be if their rental clubs are nice because I won't haul my clubs for 1 outing.

2) Any Nuts who have anything planned already in the area Feb. 10 and could use another guy to join them?
                                The closest course looks like Shingle Creek. It's a decent course, but your green fee on Friday will be $165 before 2pm, $90 after. Plus rental. You should be able to play till 6.20pm.

You could easily take Uber to some other course. Everything close to you looks really expensive, so take a $20 Uber ride somewhere and pay $100 less, like Hunter's Creek - $60 till 1pm, $32 after (on TeeTimesUSA).
                                ----
                                Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X