Trafalgar vs Beverly: similarities/ differences

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trafalgar vs Beverly: similarities/ differences

Hi there,

Looking at both of these courses for possible trial membership. I've reached out to a few Trafalgar members on the board and they've provided some excellent feedback on the club. (Thank you!).

With respect to Beverly I haven't come across a lot of info. Have visited both clubs websites as well.

My question is specifically in relation to the courses themselves. As they're both Robinson designs are they similar in their layouts and do they have any particular holes features that set them apart and make one more preferable than the other.

I've played one round at Trafalgar but never Beverly. Currently Clublink and generally a weekday player with the odd weekend round.

Thanks

Re: Trafalgar vs Beverly: similarities/ differences

what about Dundas Valley?
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Beverly is a better golf course IMHO. One hole is weird can't remember the number. It's a blind approach shot to the green. You have to flip a flag on a pole to let people know your off the green. The conditions on the course are always excellent. I have played both courses, both are 4 hour rounds which is nice. Beverly has more trees than Trafalgar. Both have very good greens. The Sand Traps at Beverly are more consistent. The clubs have reciprocals so if you join one you can play the other occasionally.

Beverly's club house is much nicer because it is fairly new. Beverly would be my choice if it was close enough. There is a good chance Trafalgar will eventually become housing. No chance of that at Beverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        Hi there,

Looking at both of these courses for possible trial membership. I've reached out to a few Trafalgar members on the board and they've provided some excellent feedback on the club. (Thank you!).

With respect to Beverly I haven't come across a lot of info. Have visited both clubs websites as well.

My question is specifically in relation to the courses themselves. As they're both Robinson designs are they similar in their layouts and do they have any particular holes features that set them apart and make one more preferable than the other.

I've played one round at Trafalgar but never Beverly. Currently Clublink and generally a weekday player with the odd weekend round.

Thanks
        Trafalgar has far to many members and that translates into too frequent brutally slow play. Beverly claims to have far fewer members. Course and clubhouse are also far better at Beverly,imho.

Comment

Beverly is much better.
          I was a member at Trafalgar for 2 years many years ago and now play Beverly regularly as my best friend is a member.
          He also happens to be the Board Member responsible for membership if you want me to connect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
            what about Dundas Valley?
            How many PGA tour winners have come out of those two courses

Comment

Originally posted by Galted View Post
              Trafalgar has far to many members and that translates into too frequent brutally slow play. Beverly claims to have far fewer members. Course and clubhouse are also far better at Beverly,imho.
              Thanks for everyone's input.

As far as a playing membership goes does anyone know Beverly's numbers? I was advised that Trafalgar's is around 700 but that includes juniors and social.

Comment

I was a member at Trafalgar for 10 years. My parents were members at Beverly for 6 years and I had the chance to play it at least a dozen times. If I were you I would join....Dundas Valley. But if it's one of the two you mention, I would choose Trafalgar. It's a much easier walk, and it doesn't have the quirkiness of Beverly.
                Keeping Score: Golf Courses 1710, Me 1

Comment

Originally posted by bobby Jones View Post
                  How many PGA tour winners have come out of those two courses
                  Looked at Dundas as well as the out of town for Lookout Point. Was considering Lookout's trial but they sold out....I think it just might be a bit to far for me with the drive although I've spoken to members who advised it's a pretty easy drive.

After going over multiple threads I think I'm looking for something relatively close to home with easy access to tee times during the week. Trafalgar is 20 minutes from home and Beverley 30 according to maps and closer to work for a quick 9 at the end of the day. Both seem to fit the bill. Dundas is similar distance to Beverly.

I found Trafalgar very walkable, which was nice, and really liked the finishing 3 holes. Will have to try and get out to Beverly to see if it has more appeal to the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by mtshapcott View Post
                    I was a member at Trafalgar for 10 years. My parents were members at Beverly for 6 years and I had the chance to play it at least a dozen times. If I were you I would join....Dundas Valley. But if it's one of the two you mention, I would choose Trafalgar. It's a much easier walk, and it doesn't have the quirkiness of Beverly.
                    What's the walk like at Dundas? Again from the threads sounds like it's up and down through the valley which is not necessarily a deal breaker. I've walked Glendale and Greystone many times before so been there and done that.

Comment

IMO, Dundas is a much better golf course than Beverly or Trafalgar. If I were you, I'd play them all before you make your decision.
                      10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                      16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                      20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                      4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                      Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Being a TGCC member, I love my course.
                        But Beverly is a much better track, although not as walkable
                        If I lived closer, I would be at Beverly
                        The amenities are a little nice at Beverly as well... real pool. Nice club house. I have eaten there a few times at tournament events and the food was good. Better than TGCC
                        But I don't love close enough and happily play my golf at TGCC
                        Having said that, I don't think you can go wrong with TGCC, DV or Beverly
                        Pick one and go play !

Comment

Thanks for your perspective RS...and to everyone else who's shared their opinions as well as the PMs.

Much appreciated.

QUOTE=rsfairwaysandgreens;1649572]Being a TGCC member, I love my course.
                          But Beverly is a much better track, although not as walkable
                          If I lived closer, I would be at Beverly
                          The amenities are a little nice at Beverly as well... real pool. Nice club house. I have eaten there a few times at tournament events and the food was good. Better than TGCC
                          But I don't love close enough and happily play my golf at TGCC
                          Having said that, I don't think you can go wrong with TGCC, DV or Beverly
                          Pick one and go play ![/QUOTE]

Comment

Set yourself up on a personal three year plan. The trial memberships are designed to let you try a club for a year before you commit. Play each of the three; Trafalgar, Beverly and Dundas for a year before you decide where you would like to play and committ to long term.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X