Collapse

Oaks of St. George - sold?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oaks of St. George - sold?

Rumours and rumblings that this course has been sold.
    Eventually slated for development, but that might be years away yet.
    Anyone heard the same?
    Prove or disprove?

Paris Grand relatively short distance away has been rumoured closing for housing development many times now, for many years.

Re: Oaks of St. George - sold?

1st Post, Great name!

Will we see many more posts from you?

Oaks seems to be CLOSED more than they're OPEN of late (weather is killing them I guess)

.....I'm sure Brant Valley & Scenic Woods are suffering as well, but they're Golf North
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Sad news ,makes room for more homes I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
        1st Post, Great name!

Will we see many more posts from you?

Oaks seems to be CLOSED more than they're OPEN of late (weather is killing them I guess)

.....I'm sure Brant Valley & Scenic Woods are suffering as well, but they're Golf North
        Maybe it's Adele?

"tap, tap, tap...hello? No? Just me?"
        What's in the bag?
        TM M2
        Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
        PING Sigma G Putter
        Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Oaks has many low lying spots, so I don't doubt the weather is affecting them.
          At the same time that type of terrain would make it difficult for a housing development IMO.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Recent sale confirmed:

Rumours have been circulating for some time now regarding the sale of The Oaks. On August 10th, a deal was reached between the shareholders & Dideva Properties, a developer based out of Vaughan. We have been told that the golf course will continue to operate as the property cannot be developed for a minimum of 5 years (possibly 10) so business will continue as usual. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. In the meantime, happy golfing. Our 2018 Membership pricing will be available in the coming days and ready for purchase as of September 1st.
            Sincerely,

Jeannette LeBlanc
            General Manager
            The Oaks of St. George Golf Club.

Comment

Originally posted by rumourhasit View Post
              Recent sale confirmed:

Rumours have been circulating for some time now regarding the sale of The Oaks. On August 10th, a deal was reached between the shareholders & Dideva Properties, a developer based out of Vaughan. We have been told that the golf course will continue to operate as the property cannot be developed for a minimum of 5 years (possibly 10) so business will continue as usual. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. In the meantime, happy golfing. Our 2018 Membership pricing will be available in the coming days and ready for purchase as of September 1st.
              Sincerely,

Jeannette LeBlanc
              General Manager
              Thanks for the update, love the course & well priced.....those last few lines might get you in some trouble around here (i.e., Advertising)

Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Thanks for the update, love the course & well priced.....those last few lines might get you in some trouble around here (i.e., Advertising)
                Well it's technically not "rumourhasit" that posted that, he's just passing along the entire message.

I've got some passes for that course that I need to use before the season is over so I look forward to trying it out.
                What's in the bag?
                TM M2
                Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
                PING Sigma G Putter
                Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Originally posted by Giller31 View Post

Well it's technically not "rumourhasit" that posted that, he's just passing along the entire message.

I've got some passes for that course that I need to use before the season is over so I look forward to trying it out.
                  Rumour has it that "he" is actually a "she".

Comment

Originally posted by rumourhasit View Post
                    Recent sale confirmed:

Sincerely,

Jeannette LeBlanc
                    General Manager
                    I attempted to google Dideva Properties, and there is nothing! However, google asks if it is Nideva Properties, and that comes up as a developer in Vaughn area!

Comment

I have been told that golf north are leasing the Oaks of St George course for at least four years.

Comment

. Kiss one of my favourite golf courses goodbye. GN leasing Oaks for 4+years. Express elevator to Hell, as Pvt Hudson said.
                        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Fishwick View Post
                          I have been told that golf north are leasing the Oaks of St George course for at least four years.
                          It is my understanding that the current owner/developer has no interest in running the course/taking the risk and would like to lease it. They will NOT lease it to current management but are looking for someone with the necessary means to pay the lease no matter what difficulties arise in terms of weather/broken down equipment/etc... It is my understanding that there are three parties interested in leasing the property and that Golfnorth is one of those suitors.

Comment

Anyone have an update as to who is running the operations next season ?
                            🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                            Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                              Anyone have an update as to who is running the operations next season ?
                              If my inside resources are accurate then it appears Golf North is the front runner and we should here something around the 30th of November. That being said it is hard to know what to believe these days - so many rumors going around.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X