Tarandowah Golfers Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarandowah Golfers Club

Happy Canada 150 Day!
    I'm playing Tarandowah for the 1st time tomorrow. Any tips, thoughts on the course and conditions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Tough, links-style track, really fun but tight as a Nun's _____ .

Bunkers were under construction last year, which was a pain but understandable and otherwise a fine course. No club house to speak of, a bit amateur when all is said and done and it would be great if they put some money into the overall facility.

Lots of fun however and be prepared for a lot of iron play to keep to the tight fairways.

- Ian
    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

OP, how was your round ?

I don't find the fairways tight at Tarandowah.
      There are a few shorter Par4's ( white tees ) where you could hit driver ( 1, 2, 6, 13 ) but a hybrid or 4i off the tee is safer option, and only leaves a short iron or wedge into the green.
      The rest of the fairways are plenty generous IMO

Tarandowah is the only course where I alter my play.
      The greens and fringe are always very firm, so I usually underclub to hit the front of the green and count on some bounce and roll.

It's one of my favourite courses. I hope you enjoyed your round there.
      It's one that keeps me coming back as I learn its nuances.

~ Andy
      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

I played Tarandowah this morning for the first time this year. I was extremely pleased with the conditions and every single bunker was in perfect shape and great to hit out of. I was a member out there for 2 years and the bunkers were always terrible. It's so nice to see that they aren't an eye sore and ground under repair now.

I shot a 1 over 36 on the front and then a 46 on the back for a bit of a disappointing 82. The back nine has always eaten me up and today was no different. The bunkers were my only complaint there over the last 5 years, I'll be back again this year for sure. No lost balls and a birdie on #1 was nice too!

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
          I played Tarandowah this morning for the first time this year. I was extremely pleased with the conditions and every single bunker was in perfect shape and great to hit out of. I was a member out there for 2 years and the bunkers were always terrible. It's so nice to see that they aren't an eye sore and ground under repair now.

I shot a 1 over 36 on the front and then a 46 on the back for a bit of a disappointing 82. The back nine has always eaten me up and today was no different. The bunkers were my only complaint there over the last 5 years, I'll be back again this year for sure. No lost balls and a birdie on #1 was nice too!
          Had a great day today at Tarandowah...

Shot 40 on the front, 45 on the back, birdied the 10th - As I said in another post, don't know if because The Open was this weekend, but it was fun to play a 'links-style' course.

Much better than my first experience there last year, course was very firm and dry considering all the frickin rain we've had, nice that the bunkers were all in good shape, and was successful in avoiding all but 3 throughout the round...

Highlight was a 'near' sand save on the Par 3 12th, and the 100 yard fairway bunker shot that ended up 3' from the pin for a very good par to keep me coming back.

Was very pleased how I played off the tee today, mostly irons to within 120-140 yards for the par 4's that were around 330 yds or so...

Funny, the 2 guys my partner and I were paired up with just brought out driver after driver to mostly ineffective shots into the fescue. Only brought out the big boy twice in the entire round.

Good times!!

- Ian
          TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
          TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
          * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
          TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
          TM TP5 Golf Ball
          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
          Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Rain this year has been odd. I live 15 mins from the course just north of st Thomas last night we got a sprinkle of rain but just down the road in Sparta they got an inch of rain. I've driven by Tarandowah on the way home and its been dry and get home and it's looked like it rained for days. I think Tarandowah is in the best shape its ever been in.
            Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
            Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
            Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
            Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
            Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
            Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
            Ping Hoofer

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Had a great day today at Tarandowah...

Shot 40 on the front, 45 on the back, birdied the 10th - As I said in another post, don't know if because The Open was this weekend, but it was fun to play a 'links-style' course.

Much better than my first experience there last year, course was very firm and dry considering all the frickin rain we've had, nice that the bunkers were all in good shape, and was successful in avoiding all but 3 throughout the round...

Highlight was a 'near' sand save on the Par 3 12th, and the 100 yard fairway bunker shot that ended up 3' from the pin for a very good par to keep me coming back.

Was very pleased how I played off the tee today, mostly irons to within 120-140 yards for the par 4's that were around 330 yds or so...

Funny, the 2 guys my partner and I were paired up with just brought out driver after driver to mostly ineffective shots into the fescue. Only brought out the big boy twice in the entire round.

Good times!!

- Ian
              I've repeatedly watched guys hit driver after driver out there and have to treck through the fescue on every shot. I hit driver on a lot of the holes out there but I'm not particularly long off the tee and generally pretty straight. Some guys who crush the ball off the tee but don't have very good control end up having pretty long days out there.

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post

I've repeatedly watched guys hit driver after driver out there and have to treck through the fescue on every shot. I hit driver on a lot of the holes out there but I'm not particularly long off the tee and generally pretty straight. Some guys who crush the ball off the tee but don't have very good control end up having pretty long days out there.
                I'm a long hitter and I hit driver on 4 depending on wind, 5, 9,10,11,14,17,18. It depends on wind directions but that's the most you'll see me hit driver.
                Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                Ping Hoofer

Comment

I had a buddy from Alberta passing through yesterday and he's wanted to play Tarandowah for awhile. He wanted to experience it from the Tips so I said hey why not! 7100 Yards Par 70 over my head but it was fun! I shot a 93 and he shot 97. Most of his trouble came off the tee into the fescue. Fun day though, it's fun to experience that course from near PGA length.

Comment

What a great day today at Tarandowah.
                    The fairways are fast and hard, almost like concrete. Good and bad bounces all day long. You just have to accept it.
                    i can see why some would find it unfair but we enjoy it. It's a totally different game there.
                    The sand in the bunkers was way overdue.
                    A few of them had exposed tarp but no biggie. I have never been in so many traps there in one day.
                    Can't comment on the right side of the course as my hooking driver kept me to the left .
                    Course was in the best shape I have seen it.
                    Will be back in a couple weeks for another underpar.

Comment

Good day at Tarandowah with Kich and his buddy. Same old story out there, good front 9 and a struggle on the back 9. 38 45 for an 83 from the Blues. Course is in great shape and bunkers still great! Was nice to meet you Kich!

Comment

Good playing Wacey!
                        Your short game is A+!
                        See ya next summer.

Comment

Have they aerated the greens for the fall here yet? Looking to get some rounds in before the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
                            Have they aerated the greens for the fall here yet? Looking to get some rounds in before the end of the year.
                            Not sure but they use small holes so it's barely a factor even the day after.

Comment

I played on the weekend, the greens were fine, no punching yet.
                              ----
                              Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X