Collapse

Port Colborne coutnry club or Whiskey Run

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Colborne coutnry club or Whiskey Run

Just wondering what course i should play next week i am down in Port Colborne the whole week and right across the street from Whiskey Run. Wife will probably only let play 1 course.

thanks

Port Colborne is the easy choice, IMO. Whiskey Run has too many bizarre holes. Both can be very busy and slow

Comment

Port Colborne would be the clear choice, Pristine condition old school golf course. I play both many times a year , usually playing whisky run late in the season after most other golf courses are closed.

Comment

Toss up for me, Port Colborne feels like you're playing the same hole continuously. Almost zero variety where as Whisky is quirky but has some variety.

Comment

Originally posted by autoease View Post
          Port Colborne would be the clear choice, Pristine condition old school golf course. I play both many times a year , usually playing whisky run late in the season after most other golf courses are closed.
          The new owners have put some serious coin into upgrading the entire facility so I suspect if you haven't been there this year, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

The coin the new owners put in is a wild error. Why not put that money into the actual course which needs serious upgrades.

Comment

Curious as too which course you decided too play. I was out at both this past week and it's a tough call, I mean at PCCC you can't lose your dog let alone a ball and Whiskey needs to roll their greens.

Comment

Well i got out to Whiskey Run it was ok, quirky is the word for it but still interesting and didn't play Port Colborne i played Thundering Waters and couldn't hit a tee shot so i lost a few balls very tight course but i liked it.

Comment

Thundering Waters isn't all what it used to be since they shortened it for development . You would have probably been better off to go to Bridgewater as it is only a 15 minute drive from Whiskey Run and it is also an excellent Stanley Thompson design.IMO way better condition than Thundering Waters.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X