Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silkver Lakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silkver Lakes

Anyone know if the greens have been punched at Silver lakes...playiong this afternoon...TIA

Originally posted by fores View Post
    Anyone know if the greens have been punched at Silver lakes...playiong this afternoon...TIA
    https://www.silverlakesgolf.com/contactus/

Comment

Hey thanks allot smc66 for letting me know how to navigate a website ...your a genius...was looking for more honest knowledge from a recent player.

Comment

I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had a soft date of late this week.
        "It took me 17 years to get 3000 hits. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."
        --Hank Aaron

Comment

Hey thanks allot smc66 for letting me know how to navigate a website ...your a genius...was looking for more honest knowledge from a recent player.
          I get your point but really do you think you would call and ask and they wouldn't be truthful.

On the other had what if a TGNer played yesterday and said they weren't punched but they punched them this morning and you showed up for an afternoon round.

If your asking about overall condition of a course I understand reaching out and getting some feedback but the greens are either just punched recently punched or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobogo View Post

I get your point but really do you think you would call and ask and they wouldn't be truthful.

On the other had what if a TGNer played yesterday and said they weren't punched but they punched them this morning and you showed up for an afternoon round.

If your asking about overall condition of a course I understand reaching out and getting some feedback but the greens are either just punched recently punched or not.
            That's why forums like this exist ...to get the honest answers from other forum members...and yes I have called a course in the past and asked if the greens were punched or not...they said no they were not, and I showed up the next day and they were punched. Guy in pro shop said he was not informed that it was happening.

Comment

That's why forums like this exist ...to get the honest answers from other forum members...and yes I have called a course in the past and asked if the greens were punched or not...they said no they were not, and I showed up the next day and they were punched. Guy in pro shop said he was not informed that it was happening.
              Which course and when?

Comment

Called the proshop....they'll be slicing the greens on Monday or Tuesday
                If I had to describe myself in just one word....“doesn’t know how to follow directions.”

Comment

Played Silver Lakes on Tuesday (October 10th) and the greens were in very good shape. There were still some small aeration holes present but they did not affect putts in any way. I would say that the leaves were more of a nuisance than any greens maintenance..

Comment

Originally posted by richiehack View Post
                    Played Silver Lakes on Tuesday (October 10th) and the greens were in very good shape. There were still some small aeration holes present but they did not affect putts in any way. I would say that the leaves were more of a nuisance than any greens maintenance..
                    Good to know. Playing there Saturday. Maybe the leaves will help put those off line putts end up in the hole for me!

Comment

Played there last Fall and the leaves were a real problem on the fairways, and in the first cut at the sides. Our group lost several balls even though they were down the fairways and we were all on the lookout watching the other guys shots and balls. Vowed never to go back there in the Fall even at the excellent rates they have. Courses like The Highlands in Bradford, and Shawneeki in Sharon have far fewer leaves and staff seem to do a much better job on the few holes that have more trees shedding leaves.
                      Last edited by 4underthru9; Oct 12, 2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                        Played there last Fall and the leaves were a real problem on the fairways, and in the first cut at the sides. Our group lost several balls even though they were down the fairways and we were all on the lookout watching the other guys shots and balls. Vowed never to go back there in the Fall even at the excellent rates they have. Courses like The Highlands in Bradford, and Shawneeki in Sharon have far fewer leaves and staff seem to do a much better job on the few holes that have more trees shedding leaves.
                        Better go with the trusty Wilson 50's so losing a ball won't hurt the wallet as much. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Played there Monday. It was a little soggy in many of the fairways. Walked 18 in just over 2 hours. Finished just before dark. Greens are in very good shape. Fairways were cut close. I didn't really see the rough so I can't comment on that. Bunkers were wet... at least the one I landed in was.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                            Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                            TrGo
                            iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                          • TrGo
                            TGN To-Do List
                            TrGo
                            Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                            Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                          X