Collapse

tough weekend

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tough weekend

I asked how many people played this weekend at the club,I was suprised to hear only 10 golfers for the weekend,1 on Saturday (me),9 on Sunday including me.I don't think many staff where in to save a few bucks but it's a tough business when the weather is off.

I had plans for 2-3 rounds this week but the wind is being a bee-atch and then the rain shows up again. Hopefully I can sneak in some 9s and try and hit a stinger off the tee (with my putter)
    Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
    Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
    Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
    Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
    Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
    Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
    Putter: SGC WB Northwood
    Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Saturday we were 1 of 3 groups all day, Sunday was probably a little busier, but can't imagine anyone wanted to play today!!
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Played both days on the weekend. Three groups of 3 guys playing in a slight constant rain.
        Sunday was better, no rain but cool. I'd love to play today but work gets in the way.
        Driver -Titleist 913 Diamana D+ 72 x5ct S shaft
        Metal woods - 13* Titleist 980F Strong 3
        Hybrid - 19 * and 21*Titleist 585H
        Irons - Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
        SW - 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
        GW - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Mill
        Cleveland 588 60* Lob wedge
        Putter _ Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
        Bag- Titleist
        Ball - Pro-V1x or Bridgestone B330 RX

NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM

Comment

Played Angus Sunday and was almost 5 hours. Waited on every shot..

Comment

8 golfers out today,I was done by noon so maybe others came later.

Comment

Played Osprey Valley on Sunday morning.
              Went there expecting a moderate frost delay, but wasn't worried because we had the first time on The Toot.
              Arrived at approximately 7:40AM, and there was only one (customer) vehicle in the parking lot. Two others soon followed, and together they represented the foursome that was first-off on The Hoot.
              So, we had a comfortable breakfast, hit a few balls and off we went. Still nobody there other than the foursome and our twosome.
              When we finished 18 there were a few more cars in the lot, but nothing like what was in the same lot only a week before when the place was packed.
              Given that this past Saturday was basically a washout, I was surprised that more players didn't show up on Sunday.

Comment

Played Oakridge on Sunday at noon. Played with two gents from Lindsay Country Club. There were a fair amount of groups on the course, but needless to say, the parking lot was only about a third full. Played 18 in 3 and a half hours. Only drizzled a little bit on the back nine. Course was in good shape, even though the greens are punched and not sanded over. I was surprised to see no tree in front of 18 , as I had not played there since 2013. Greens were more challenging than I remembered. No cart girl, Proshop gents were quite friendly,
                In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
                Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
                Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
                Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
                Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
                Cobra S3 5w
                TaylorMade R11 3w
                TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse