Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking a driver shaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking a driver shaft

I just got a new driver head. XTD.
    I need a shaft for it.
    My driver is an RBZ stiff stock shaft.
    Any suggestions on choosing a shaft similar to this for the XTD?

Re: Picking a driver shaft

Switch the shafts out
    MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Albatross View Post
      Switch the shafts out
      1+

If you have a shaft you love just swap the tips on it, not too pricey at Golftown. If you are looking to buy a new shaft though I would advise looking at the Fujikura Pro aftermarket shafts, affordable and very very good. I got mine off Kijiji for $60 only and I prefer it to a bunch of other pretty pricey shafts I have.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Forgot to mention, it needs an adapter in hosel.

Comment

Adams XTD Ti head is a great performer - great head.
          Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
          Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
          Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

If you like the shaft and it's a good fit for you, consider putting it in the new head.
            Have the heads weighed , and adjust as required to so it plays as closely as it did.

If you need a new shaft, Diamondtour golf continually buys close outs of top quality , aftermarket shafts and has some nice shafts at good prices right now.

http://www.diamondtour.com/golf-comp...t=145&limit=24

http://www.diamondtour.com/golf-comp...ood-shaft.html
            Last edited by Weirfan; Jan 11, 2017, 10:09 AM.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Your current shaft and adapter don't fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                If you like the shaft and it's a good fit for you, consider putting it in the new head.
                Have the heads weighed , and adjust as required to so it plays as closely as it did.

If you need a new shaft, Diamondtour golf continually buys close outs of top quality , aftermarket shafts and has some nice shafts at good prices right now.

http://www.diamondtour.com/golf-comp...t=145&limit=24

http://www.diamondtour.com/golf-comp...ood-shaft.html
                Unless I'm doing something wrong, $71 US for shipping via UPS for one shaft kills the deal for me

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
                  Unless I'm doing something wrong, $71 US for shipping via UPS for one shaft kills the deal for me
                  I've never looked at the shipping as I have things drop shipped to friends or US mailbox.

shipping rates have gone up but That sounds excessive.
                  They have great CS, perhaps give them a call. Pretty sure some other Canuks use them regularly.

Also I think they give a better prices for members of golf forums,such s golf buzz .com . that 89$ shaft is 79.
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                    TGN Announcement: B/S/T Forums
                    TrGo
                    We have been hard at work trying to find a solution to allow the Original Poster to reply to their own posts within the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. Unfortunately this is something that vBulliten themselves...
                    Jul 22, 2017, 07:31 AM
                  • TrGo
                    TGN Giveaway: The Open Championship (British Open) 2017 Fantasy
                    TrGo
                    I'm excited to introduce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 Open Championship (British Open).

Here are the rules:
                    • Reply to this thread and select one player from each of the 8
                    Jul 17, 2017, 11:13 AM

OUR NEWSLETTER

Collapse

* indicates required
                  Working...
                  X