Collapse

Wilson Triton Driver

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Triton Driver

Bought a Wilson Triton driver 10.5 from TGW cheap on a whim. I played 3 rounds with it and had a couple of sessions on the range. I was pleasantly surprised. I got a boring flight through the air and when I tuned it to a draw, received a nice curve. The control was excellent. Most of the drives found the fairway and the ones that didn't were close. It took awhile to get used to the tinny ping like the old Callaway square heads. I was so impressed I took my M2 out of the bag. Unfortunately my club closed due to the weather but I was impressed. Anyone else have comments about their Triton?

i tried it at GT last week...just for fun. it seems cheap enough that it's not that much of an investment. I think TGW works out to even cheaper. I don't mind any of it except for that 1:1 line on the top and how the club seems to chop off a bit at the end....but i like the shape/size of the face and balance. I could see myself giving it some time.

Comment

In my ongoing search for a new Driver, this has been one that intrigues me (and also because I play Wilson irons--Di11)
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

It is a fine driver that gets overlooked because of the brand and its unusual shape. It came within a nose of beating out my Cobra F6+.
        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

I forgot to mention that the TRITON originally sold for $449 USD. i got it for $149 USD. My pro said that there were no more in Canada as of October. I guess the nonconformity issue hurt sales along with the Wilson name hurt sales. It’s totally underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by jkor View Post
            I forgot to mention that the TRITON originally sold for $449 USD. i got it for $149 USD. My pro said that there were no more in Canada as of October. I guess the nonconformity issue hurt sales along with the Wilson name hurt sales. It’s totally underrated.
            Your pro is misinformed. We have six of them in the Ancaster store, more elsewhere.

Comment

He went directly to the Wilson rep. I guess that’s why he got that answer.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Your pro is misinformed. We have six of them in the Ancaster store, more elsewhere.
                How much are they? (or are you not allowed to say?) ....Maybe someone else can say!?

Comment

i tried looking online and couldn't find it on GT website. But i think i saw it for $249....if it dips to $149 i'll jump

Comment

Originally posted by doughboyr6 View Post
                    i tried looking online and couldn't find it on GT website. But i think i saw it for $249....if it dips to $149 i'll jump
                    Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                      In my ongoing search for a new Driver, this has been one that intrigues me (and also because I play Wilson irons--Di11)
                      I think the range of adjustability is quite interesting but I feel a little skeptical about this review. A small sample size but an apparent shot bias. Could it be the club's standard length (45/75" I believe), when he probably games a driver that's no more than 45"? If so and with a small sample size, heel shots would make sense to me. I also love how sometimes/often reviewers seem to not quite be able to say they dislike a club and then will attempt to "save" the review at the end by seemingly grasping for compliments ("it looks good").
                      WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

I think the range of adjustability is quite interesting but I feel a little skeptical about this review. A small sample size but an apparent shot bias. Could it be the club's standard length (45/75" I believe), when he probably games a driver that's no more than 45"? If so and with a small sample size, heel shots would make sense to me. I also love how sometimes/often reviewers seem to not quite be able to say they dislike a club and then will attempt to "save" the review at the end by seemingly grasping for compliments ("it looks good").
                        That makes sense. Personally I disliked it a lot. It had no ballspeed for me at all in comparison to a lot of the others. I average about 145-148 ball speed. I was getting a bit more with G400 but I couldn't control launch and spin, and I had a decent run with M1 460 that gave me similar ball numbers. The Triton was often low 140s. It is a shame as I really liked the look of this thing (almost identical to my Spine I had around 10 years ago that was just awesome).

Comment

FYI with the exchange rate, shipping and Canadian taxes the TRITON cost me $210 Canadian from TGW. Shipping was UPS expedited 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

fwiw, this Rick Shiels is quite highly regarded

Comment

It really is a fine driver and if you use the supplied carbon sole plate, the noise level drops appreciably.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X