Unlimited Golf Lessons at Lionhead and Royal Ontario

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unlimited Golf Lessons at Lionhead and Royal Ontario

Originally posted by ToDesi View Post
    I'm interested in this but just wondering if this is good for a novice, I've been playing for a few years but I still can't figure out my swing and frankly I'm worried about being embarrassed. I'm sure the guys who go there probably play a lot more and have a much better handicap.
    Your concerns are understandable, especially when the lessons are offered in a group setting.

If you look at the schedule (http://www.bradleeryall.com/unlimited-lessons-calendar/), you see there are lessons for all skill levels - Golf Fundamentals, putting 101, chipping 101, etc. for novice players, and advanced chipping, shot shaping, etc. for more experienced players. So there are lots of options for you to select the instruction that suits your needs. Once you get to a lesson or two, you will quickly see which lessons will help you progress according to your needs. I think the flexibility of the lesson plans is what makes this accessible for any level of player.

I have attended at least three lessons each week, and have seen instructors working successfully with all skill levels. There have been participants who don't have their own equipment (the program has sets of clubs available for you if you don't have your own), to highly skilled players wanting to improve a specific aspect of their game.

The vibe has been great, the participants have been friendly, the instructors are both skilled and patient, and I have not seen a hint of judgement from anyone in the program.

In my case, the quality of instruction and teaching techniques have helped me considerably. After a months' worth of instruction and lots of practice, I shot one of my lowest career scores last weekend, including a 37 on my back nine (a low score for a 9 hole segment for me). I have also seen instructors work with novice players - as these participants return for multiple lessons, I can see how much they are enjoying themselves and how well they are applying what they are learning.

Needless to say, I'm very pleased and a big fan of the instructors and this program.
    PING G 10.5 Tour Stiff
    PING G 5 Wood Tour Stiff
    PiNG G 3 Hybrid Alta Stiff
    Mizuno MP-54 4-PW S-300
    Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 60*
    PING Sigma 2 Anser
    Chrome Soft X

Comment

Tks for the update, the information has been very helpful. I have to wait until I get home to access the site, sadly my work firewall has labelled it as "Malicious and high risk"..lol

The program sounds like something I'm lookign for and it helps that it's only 10mins away from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDesi View Post
        I'm interested in this but just wondering if this is good for a novice, I've been playing for a few years but I still can't figure out my swing and frankly I'm worried about being embarrassed. I'm sure the guys who go there probably play a lot more and have a much better handicap.
        There are many beginners and novices in the camps. So sign up. Everyone there is trying to get better.

Originally posted by tinkertinker View Post
        Your concerns are understandable, especially when the lessons are offered in a group setting.

I shot one of my lowest career scores last weekend, including a 37 on my back nine (a low score for a 9 hole segment for me).
        Congrats on the low score!
        What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
        - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by vijay View Post
          There are many beginners and novices in the camps. So sign up. Everyone there is trying to get better.

Congrats on the low score!
          Thanks Vijay!
          PING G 10.5 Tour Stiff
          PING G 5 Wood Tour Stiff
          PiNG G 3 Hybrid Alta Stiff
          Mizuno MP-54 4-PW S-300
          Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 60*
          PING Sigma 2 Anser
          Chrome Soft X

Comment

Hey guys,

I also just finished a month trial at the Bradlee Ryall Golf Academy.

I alternated between Royal Ontario (close to home) and Lionhead (close to work), so I was able to work with two of the instructors, Chris Bevan and Mike White.

I really enjoyed my time with the program and would highly recommend it to anyone of any playing level. There were brand new players, young and old who seemingly had never swung a club, to players like me, hovering in the 80s and looking to break into the 70s. I mostly focused on driver/chipping/putting as those seem to be my most troublesome areas.

Both Mike and Chris were able to spot certain things in my swing and then work with me to correct them, while explaining exactly what I was doing wrong.

I had some MAJOR success this past weekend at a match play tourney... and I attribute a lot of it to the tweaks that Chris and Mike helped me with. Not only were they great teachers, but really laid back, down to earth, and non judgemental. Good guys all around.

If anyone has any more questions, fire away.

Comment

How much is a bucket of balls at Lionhead? Would be cool if you could offer like 2 buckets included with the package.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X