Collapse

Larry Cheung

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Cheung

Looking for any reviews on Larry Cheung as a coach. Read a bunch of great reviews on him on TGN so thinking of booking a lesson. Taken lessons in the past but it was all done on the "eye test", no launch monitor or anything. I feel like having that extra information as well as someone who can interpret it could be very helpful to my game. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I met 2 guys who where being taught by him,they spoke highly of him.

Comment

I have had a few lessons with Larry and another scheduled for next week.

I have been very happy with his input and it provided immediate dividends.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Took 4 lessons loved it. Will be back.

Comment

I would highly recommend Larry. I have done around 7-8 lessons with Larry and he has improved my backswing and consistency of contact big time. Playing is a lot more enjoyable as I hit less terrible shots and my misses are much more manageable and my best shots feel great. For my lessons we would make small incremental changes making sure I got the feel of something before trying to change another facet of my swing. He has a very patient and thoughtful approach. One positive thing I would mention is when he gives you something to work through to get a feel if it doesn't work for you he will adapt his approach rather than trying to beat a dead horse. Would highly recommend his services, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have further questions.

Comment

Larry is great. Easy to talk to, breaks it down simply. I took lessons together with my son, he loved working with Larry. Will be seeing him again.

Comment

Been seeing Larry since 2015 and have had tremendous results. We completely rebuilt my swing. He's a complete golf nut and is well versed in both technology and methods. Also a great guy and easy to work with. Highly recommended.

Comment

Natural, gifted teacher

Comment

Originally posted by swatty27 View Post
                  I would highly recommend Larry. I have done around 7-8 lessons with Larry and he has improved my backswing and consistency of contact big time. Playing is a lot more enjoyable as I hit less terrible shots and my misses are much more manageable and my best shots feel great. For my lessons we would make small incremental changes making sure I got the feel of something before trying to change another facet of my swing. He has a very patient and thoughtful approach. One positive thing I would mention is when he gives you something to work through to get a feel if it doesn't work for you he will adapt his approach rather than trying to beat a dead horse. Would highly recommend his services, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have further questions.
                  This was my experience as well. Larry looks at the biggest issues first and works from there. He focusses on specific improvements one at a time until you own that change before moving on.

He helped me, but it is very easy to fall back into old habits. The videos help in bringing back his changes.

Don't expect immediate miracles from a few lessons (from anyone). Larry provided a number of observations and improvements I can continue to work on, The whole experience is a process. Nothing happens overnight, one needs to practice what changes he proposes.

What I have found is that when things break down, I can go back to the lessons and refocus on his directions.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Don't expect immediate miracles from a few lessons (from anyone). Larry provided a number of observations and improvements I can continue to work on, The whole experience is a process. Nothing happens overnight, one needs to practice what changes he proposes.

What I have found is that when things break down, I can go back to the lessons and refocus on his directions.

i think it depends on what the lesson involves. When I saw Larry last summer a lesson to assist me with my chipping completely transformed my short game ability. A quick change to my putting set up also helped right away. Of course practice is required but the technique adjustment he gave me immediate and significant improvement that I was able to carry over .

Saw him this week and a quick reminder to start our lesson and it is still good.

we worked on my full swing tempo....for those who haven"t played with me think Nick Price in 4x fast forward....was striping it in the lesson but the carry over to the course was not there or at least not consistently
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

i think it depends on what the lesson involves. When I saw Larry last summer a lesson to assist me with my chipping completely transformed my short game ability. A quick change to my putting set up also helped right away. Of course practice is required but the technique adjustment he gave me immediate and significant improvement that I was able to carry over .

Saw him this week and a quick reminder to start our lesson and it is still good.

we worked on my full swing tempo....for those who haven"t played with me think Nick Price in 4x fast forward....was striping it in the lesson but the carry over to the course was not there or at least not consistently
                      Point taken. I worked with Larry on the full swing. Minor tweaks to short game technique and putting may well pay off more noticeable and immediate results.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Finished the first lesson with Larry yesterday and got improvement immediately. His teach techniques are so efficient. Highly recommend him.

Comment

I've not had a lesson with Larry but two of his tips on this site solved problems immediately. One was chipping same length back and through the other less wrist on full wedges.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X