No announcement yet.
Collapse

Chipping video!!! =)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great video and I’ve tried it at a range and now two rounds chipping this way. Much more consistent. And keeping soft is key. Just need more time to figure out distances. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by doughboyr6 View Post
      Great video and I’ve tried it at a range and now two rounds chipping this way. Much more consistent. And keeping soft is key. Just need more time to figure out distances. Thanks.
      Good to hear! You are right, keeping it soft is key! Once you have a constant pace, distance will be controlled by length of swing, so either you can create a reference to body parts (knee, mid thighs, waist) or a variation of the clock system. For example, I pretty much use my 58* for everything 40 yards and in. I know 10 yards is roughly shin to shin, 20 yards is roughly knee to knee etc. Once you have reference points, linking them to a pace becomes easier, and then you become the best chipper in your friend groups
      Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

dont post much here anymore but have to say that is an excellent video - ill check the others out!

Comment

Originally posted by kgeorge78 View Post
          dont post much here anymore but have to say that is an excellent video - ill check the others out!
          Thanks! =)
          Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Course was empty today so decided to do some extra chipping and remembered this video. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it gave me very consistent results. Before I was never sure to keep my arms straight or flick the wrists somewhat, which led to some indecision during the backswing, which led to some awful results.

Thanks Larry

Comment

It appears that the technique illustrated by Larry in his video is similar or the same as taught by James Sieckmann, who is the short game instructor of several PGA Tour pros. One of his videos is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlu7hMWtaDc

Since converting to this method about a month ago, the improvement in my pitches and chips is shockingly positive. Instead of "hitting" my chips, I now swing with an even paced tempo, almost slow motion like, with the chest open at address and on the downswing, I just rotate the chest towards the target, eliminating the "hit" with the arms/hands. Great stroke saver.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jass View Post
                Course was empty today so decided to do some extra chipping and remembered this video. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it gave me very consistent results. Before I was never sure to keep my arms straight or flick the wrists somewhat, which led to some indecision during the backswing, which led to some awful results.

Thanks Larry
                Happy to hear it helped! =)
                Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

I've taken a couple short game lessons with Larry and this technique has helped me quite a bit. Of course one needs to practice ( which I don't do) or there's a tendency to revert back to old habits ....which I did past two rounds using too much shaft lean.

the great thing about this technique is that it can be applied to longer shots, I've used it for shots up to 40 /50 yards using as much as an 8i where I wanted to keep the ball low and run it in......helped me out at courses like WYndance ?

nice to have the video reminder, could have used it yesterday
                  Last edited by Weirfan; Oct 11, 2017, 08:43 AM.
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                    I've taken a couple short game lessons with Larry and this technique has helped me quite a bit. Of course one needs to practice ( which I don't do) or there's a tendency to revert back to old habits ....which I did past two rounds using too much shaft lean.

the great thing about this technique is that it can be applied to longer shots, I've used it for shots up to 40 /50 yards using as much as an 8i where I wanted to keep the ball low and run it in......helped me out at courses like WYndance ?

nice to have the video reminder, could have used it yesterday
                    Haha! The cool thing is it's very easy to control distance once you experiment a little bit with swing length and pace, regardless of club. Although 7/8 iron would probably be the longest club i'd go!
                    Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

I used this technique last weekend and WOW! My chipping was the most consistent it has ever been. Thanks Larry!

One question - with this method I seemed to be missing my lines to the right. Any idea why/how to fix?

Comment

Originally posted by mm2983 View Post
                        I used this technique last weekend and WOW! My chipping was the most consistent it has ever been. Thanks Larry!

One question - with this method I seemed to be missing my lines to the right. Any idea why/how to fix?
                        No problem! Good to hear! Without seeing, you probably just opened the face too much or are aiming to the right =P, I'd put sticks down to the target as reference and see if that helps =)
                        Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Aw man! I wish I saw this video a couple of months ago. I had a couple scores absolutely ruined because of chunky or bladed chips.

Great Video, Larry! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by warreng View Post
                            Aw man! I wish I saw this video a couple of months ago. I had a couple scores absolutely ruined because of chunky or bladed chips.

Great Video, Larry! Thanks!
                            Haha, happy that you like it! =)
                            Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Some useful thoughts I took away from that video, thanks. Dwelling on the straight left arm atm.

Also been using a medicine ball drill like yours at the gym occasionally. Thanks for the thoughts on that in one of your other vids as well.

_______
                              NQRfPT

Comment

Straight left arm with no hinge!!! =)

Glad you like the vids!
                                Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse