Collapse

Weight Shift

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Shift

Since my knee injury in Jan, I've been having trouble keeping my weight on my front Let, more specifically shifting my weight forward on my downstroke. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help? It's not as much if a physical thing, since there is no pain, I just seem to keep far to mich weight on my back foot.
    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
    Srixion Z-Star XV

I don't know what your'e previous swing style was, but the rotary styled swing keeps your upper body turning through the ball. The weight shift is a natural consequence of it.
    OTOH the swing where the forearm cross-over right after ball contact favours the head and upper body to stay back till they are pulled forward and around by the momentum .ie Dustin Johnson

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Try more of a pushing forward motion with the left leg ,instead of a total weight shift.

Comment

Golf tips • instruction • lessons • http://www.wisdomingolf.comAn update to another one of our most popular videos of all time! This video is all about prope...

Skip to about the 9 minute mark. Try to see how he loads back and forth through the ball.

Comment

@Kessley- I hate to recommend you do this, because Lee Comeaux -YOUTUBE -is best watched rather than listened to. His Comotion swing hardly transfers any load onto the left hip, except as a consequence motion of the right side coming under and around.
          THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE JUMPED ON HIS BANDWAGON BUT THEIR EXPLANATIONS ARE EQUALLY CONVOLUTED.

it was once called "firing the right side," but Comeaux is the first to show that the left simply moves out of the way.
          Last edited by bl8d; Nov 3, 2017, 05:45 PM.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X