No announcement yet.
Collapse

Course recommendation - Brighton, ON and surrounding area

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played 36 at timber on Wednesday this week. Course was in best shape ever, except bunkers which need refurbishment. Greens were smooth with minimal if no ball marks and fairways/rough great condition. Ended up shooting even par for first 18 (71) and 78 for 2nd round and quality of the greens' surface certainly helped in scoring.
    - Vessel Cart Bag
    - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
    - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
    - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
    - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
    - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3864 View Post
      Played 36 at timber on Wednesday this week. Course was in best shape ever, except bunkers which need refurbishment. Greens were smooth with minimal if no ball marks and fairways/rough great condition. Ended up shooting even par for first 18 (71) and 78 for 2nd round and quality of the greens' surface certainly helped in scoring.
      Good to hear, 'cause I do like the course a lot. Guess they worked hard to get the greens back.
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Good to hear, 'cause I do like the course a lot. Guess they worked hard to get the greens back.
        The new turf guy they hired has done a great job with the course of the the last year or so. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post

The new turf guy they hired has done a great job with the course of the the last year or so. IMO
          Yeah, but the greens really were in 'rough' shape the 2 times we played earlier (could be all the rain---and the bunkers were a disaster)

Maybe you guys have LOWER standards?

Shelter Valley has been in much better shape overall this year (I think it drains better, with all of the elevation)
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Yeah, but the greens really were in 'rough' shape the 2 times we played earlier (could be all the rain---and the bunkers were a disaster)

Maybe you guys have LOWER standards?

Shelter Valley has been in much better shape overall this year (I think it drains better, with all of the elevation)
            I may not be as observant as you. Timber drains pretty well short of a couple of holes on the front 9. Shelter Valley is a bit far from my mom who is in Wellington but i would like to play it some time.

Comment

Big Shooter and I played on two very unfortunate occasions. The first was two days after the greens were punched. They tied with Cobble Beach for worst greens of the year altough TR might have edged CB out slightly. The second time was directly after the worst rainfall of the year. It was our second round of the day, the first being Shelter Valley Pines. Shelter had no issues throughout the course. 32 minutes away at Timber Ridge we found standing water in 35-50% of the bunkers and standin water in around 10+ spots on the course. Many of the greens and fairways hadn't been cut due to claims the ground was too wet to get the mowers on the course. In short TR only drains well if it doesn't rain much. Great layout though and in the past great greens. This year we have had bad luck there. Shelter on the other hand has been top tier each visit with some of the best sand and views you can find.
              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X