Collapse

Hilton Head Island

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton Head Island

my wife and I are considering HHI for our May golf vacation. We usually use VRBO for accommodation. We have never been there and are looking for guidance. Are there any parts of the island better than others? Are there any parts to avoid? We will have a car. Thanks.

There are lots of great spots to stay on the island. Best for you depends a bit on what you like to do. Golf (obvious from your post), tennis? Bike riding? Beach important? You have a dog? My personal favourite is Sea Pines. Like the homes, proximity to beach, amenities, golf courses, etc. Can be a bit more expensive, but if those things are important to you, you would probably enjoy it. I am heading to the plantation club this aft for the golf clinic and playing harbour town tomorrow. Will try to get a few pics posted.

Comment

I've been there five March breaks in a row. South Forest Beach area is centrally located, price friendly & close to lots of good eating spots. Try One Hot Mama's (lots of meat choices) & Reilley's Grill & Pub. For seafood, go to Hudson's. Not in that area, but on the Island & worth the 20 minute drive. Enjoy!

Comment

Here are a few pics from the Plantation club. Clubhouse and practice area.

Comment

We have stayed in the Port Royal area (Ocean Palms) for a number of years. Great spot as many VRBO units at Ocean Palms are affiliated with the Westin Hotel which is close by. Also "free" golf can be included (not free at all as you are required to pay cart fee's of approx. $30) with your stay. Golf is affiliated with the 3 courses at Port Royal GC.
          Many VRBO's on HHI will have golf course affiliation in the specific area of the island that you are staying in.
          for what it's worth, Skull Creek Boathouse is also a good seafood place at the top end of the island. Bullies is the place for BBQ on the island.
          And take a day off and visit either downtown Charleston or Savannah - well worth the side trips.
          Enjoy your stay.
          Greg

SIM 9* Diamana s60 Limited X, SLDR 15 Speeder Motore TS 7.2 X15*, Titleist 913HD 18* UST V2 89X, Titleist 962B (3-6) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 2* up), Miura 1957 Baby Blades (7-9) DG Sens. X100 (+1", 4* up, pured), Titleist SM4 Oil Can 48 06 bent to 47* DG Sens. X100, Cleveland 588 TSC 53* (S400), Titleist SM Oil Can 58 08, Custom Slighter Tacoma (36.25", 70*lie, 2.25* loft), Custom putter headcover by girlygolfer.com , Sun Mountain C130

Comment

Played Harbourtown today, took a few pics which I will try to upload. Exceptional day in the low country. For those that have not visited South Carolina in November I highly recommend it. Golf courses are empty, specials abound, weather is great and lots to do. Harbourtown is a really good course and great experience. Only 10 groups on the course today and weather was perfect. I will post a few pics separately when I can figure out how to get them here. Sea Pines is the place to stay in Hilton Head but others are good too.

Comment

Here are some pics from Harbourtown. 18th, 17th, 9th and their spectacular clubhouse.

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

Comment

I'm heading there on the 7th, going to play Harbourtown and the other two courses there. I guess golfnow is the way to do it, play some really nice courses for $15-20
                Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Originally posted by storm View Post
                  I'm heading there on the 7th, going to play Harbourtown and the other two courses there. I guess golfnow is the way to do it, play some really nice courses for $15-20
                  Here are some specials for harbourtown.

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post
                    Saw this earlier, we are playing all 3 while we are down there

Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171122_135213.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	814.7 KB
ID:	2713360
                      where else can you ride your bike to the golf course on the beach?

Comment

Just finished playing the three Palmetto Dunes courses over 5 days. They were quite good, better than I remembered. I liked the Jones course the best, then the Fazio, then Hills. But all three were enjoyable. Pace of play was quite good (all well under 4 hours), conditions were great and the weather was nice too. This would make a pretty good guys golf trip location. Lots of accomodation on site, 3 very different golf courses that would appeal to strong golfers (mostly challenging green complexes), but very forgiving off the tee (except maybe the Hills course back 9). Combine that with lots of great restaurants and activities in teh Hilton Head area and this would make a great destination.

Comment

Make sure to play those Palmetto dunes courses as described above. All beauties, and try and play the Sea Pines courses, Make sure you go to Happy Hour at Reileys Pub at the entrance near Sea Pines off Pope rd. Also head out to Palmetto Hall and play those two. This year I found the Golden Bear and Crescent point in poor condition. enjoy. One more thing make sure you eat at Frankie Bones but you will need a reservation.
                          " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                          Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                          Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                          Ping i20
                          MacGregor response
                          Snickers tour bag
                          Pro V1

Comment

We just booked our HHI trip for May-12 nights in the Palmetto Dunes area. I have looked at all the recent reviews for the HH courses and most of the courses get very good reviews. I assume that the course conditions will be even better in May. I expect that we will play the 3 Palmetto Dunes courses, as suggested by tacks451. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Morris View Post
                              We just booked our HHI trip for May-12 nights in the Palmetto Dunes area. I have looked at all the recent reviews for the HH courses and most of the courses get very good reviews. I assume that the course conditions will be even better in May. I expect that we will play the 3 Palmetto Dunes courses, as suggested by tacks451. Can't wait.
                              May is a good time in HHI. Weather is warm and sunny but summer crowds haven’t arrived yet. Courses and restaurants less crowded than the rest of summer. Courses should be in prime condition. Native Bermuda is dormant until mid March, then comes in very quickly in April /May. Palmetto Dunes courses are all enjoyable but there are lots of others in the area that are worth playing too. Great choice of restaurants as well. I am heading down next week.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X