Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TGN Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: New TGN Admin

    Clock thing is a must. It still throws me off at times.
    For the mobile app, integration with tapatalk app would be a quick one, no?
    Then you don't have to maintain a dedicated app so cost will be minimal. And users don't have to have so many apps on their phones. Just my 5 cents.
    In the SM C-130 cart bag:
    Driver:
    TM Aeroburner 9.5* Grafalloy Blackbird Stiff
    Fairway Metals:
    TM R9 15* 3W Stock
    TM R9 19* 5W Stock
    Hybrid:
    TM Aeroburner 4H
    Irons:
    TM R9 5-GW
    Wedge(s):
    CG 588 56|08
    CG 588 60|12
    Putter - Odyssey 2Ball
    Balls - NXT Tour

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: New TGN Admin

      Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
      I think that there's a lot that could be done to make the site both more welcoming and less spammy, both of which could be resolved by eliminating the required 5 posts to make a BST post. There are plenty of "trusted" members that post exclusively in the BST, so what's the big deal about new members trying to sell things?
      Completely agree...new posters don't make the rules but when they follow them and make 5 posts people lambaste them for it.
      BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
      Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
      There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: New TGN Admin

        There should be some open source code out there that can fix some of the glitches on the site.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: New TGN Admin

          The clock is still way off

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: New TGN Admin

            Originally posted by bdybldr View Post
            There should be some open source code out there that can fix some of the glitches on the site.
            Red Flag Deals started around the same time and they both used vBulletin
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: New TGN Admin

              Here's what maybe a stupid question I'm still relatively new around here. But who owns and run's TGN ?

              Frank

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: New TGN Admin

                Originally posted by frankat View Post
                Here's what maybe a stupid question I'm still relatively new around here. But who owns and run's TGN ?
                Frank
                Apparently it is now "TrGo". Who that is or are, I don't know but they doing a lot of great things, and many posts already.
                Just go to one of the posts by TrGo and then click on "see other posts".
                I think we can say silly season is now officially over at TGN.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: New TGN Admin

                  Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
                  Free or not for me. Don't really know of any pay forums that don't offer something extra and honestly can only think of one. Revenue should be generated by sponsors and advertising. Starting to pay would be a slippery slope where then you can pay your way out of a ban or pay extra for the vip area. Need extra money? Sell hats, visors, bag tags(already out there), ball markers, divot tools, logo balls, shirts etc.
                  Originally posted by Benz View Post
                  Bag tags.
                  Great idea. I ordered the first batch of 250 in 2010 i think. I've been selling them at cost for the last 7 years and I'm down to last dozen as of now.

                  You want revenue, charge to post in bst. That's the biggest crock of bs where you got dozens if not hundreds of guys coming here for the purpose of selling their wares and not contribute to the forum but perhaps generate traffic and that may help the site I don't know.
                  Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
                  Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: New TGN Admin

                    Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
                    Great idea. I ordered the first batch of 250 in 2010 i think. I've been selling them at cost for the last 7 years and I'm down to last dozen as of now.

                    You want revenue, charge to post in bst. That's the biggest crock of bs where you got dozens if not hundreds of guys coming here for the purpose of selling their wares and not contribute to the forum but perhaps generate traffic and that may help the site I don't know.
                    Not sure why this bothers people, most people on here are golf nuts so if somebody does not want to do anything else but offer golf stuff for sale that OK with me.
                    Some other sites do have charges for BST posting and also some have higher post count requirements, but what is the point of forcing people to write say a bunch of nonsense posts to qualify.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: New TGN Admin

                      Originally posted by frankat View Post
                      Here's what maybe a stupid question I'm still relatively new around here. But who owns and run's TGN ?
                      Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                      Apparently it is now "TrGo". Who that is or are, I don't know
                      I know
                      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: New TGN Admin

                        Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                        I know
                        Actually so do I, but I am not going public as that is up to him to do that not me.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: New TGN Admin

                          Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                          Not sure why this bothers people, most people on here are golf nuts so if somebody does not want to do anything else but offer golf stuff for sale that OK with me.
                          Some other sites do have charges for BST posting and also some have higher post count requirements, but what is the point of forcing people to write say a bunch of nonsense posts to qualify.
                          I agree, the more stuff being sold the better I like it. Especially in the lefty BST.
                          D: Adams XTD ti 10.5*
                          F: Adams XTD ti 15*
                          H: RBZ TP 18.5*
                          H: RBZ TP 21.5*
                          I: ????
                          W: PING MB 52*(bent to 50*)
                          W: PING MB 54*
                          W: PING MB 60*(bent to 58*)
                          P: ????

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: New TGN Admin

                            Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                            I agree, the more stuff being sold the better I like it. Especially in the lefty BST.
                            I feel the same way.. why wouldn't we want to know about golf stuff for sale?
                            M2 D-type 9.5 accra CS1 60
                            Ping Rapture 13* hzrdus yellow 63
                            Ping i25 18* accra CS1 70
                            TM M2 tour 4-9 NS Pro
                            Cally X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                            Nike method MC3i

                            Osprey Valley Century Club
                            100 holes - May 2, 2016

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: New TGN Admin

                              Originally posted by frankat View Post
                              Here's what maybe a stupid question I'm still relatively new around here. But who owns and run's TGN ?

                              Frank



                              http://www.aluvionlaw.com/project/to...sale-business/

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: New TGN Admin

                                no disclosure there

                                Comment

                                TGN Spotlight

                                Collapse

                                • TrGo
                                  TGN Announcement: B/S/T Forums
                                  TrGo
                                  We have been hard at work trying to find a solution to allow the Original Poster to reply to their own posts within the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. Unfortunately this is something that vBulliten themselves...
                                  Jul 22, 2017, 07:31 AM
                                • TrGo
                                  TGN Giveaway: The Open Championship (British Open) 2017 Fantasy
                                  TrGo
                                  I'm excited to introduce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 Open Championship (British Open).

                                  Here are the rules:
                                  • Reply to this thread and select one player from each of the 8
                                  ...
                                  Jul 17, 2017, 11:13 AM

                                OUR NEWSLETTER

                                Collapse

                                * indicates required
                                Working...
                                X