Collapse

Shaking Hands After Running Your Hand Through Your Own Hair

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaking Hands After Running Your Hand Through Your Own Hair

Silly Season is here again, yet we're still Golfing!

...save this CRAP for January!!
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I shook hands with Holly Sonders after she had run her hand through her hair, strange because I always thought she had a Brazilian.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

so so precious.

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post
          I see so many pros do this on TV. Pretty gross if you ask me. Leave your hat on while you shake hands and leave the hair tussling til afterwards. Or use your left hand for hair styling. Just sayin'...
          We can play together anytime. I don't like to shake other golfers' hands before OR after the round.

I find it pretty amazing how easy it is for people to make fun of this as if there's something wrong with it. And if they do think there's something wrong with it...I couldn't care less.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
            No thanks, fist pump for me
            That's what I do as well.

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
            I shook hands with Holly Sonders after she had run her hand through her hair, strange because I always thought she had a Brazilian.
            Ba dum tsssse... Ha! Good one.

Comment

Shaking Hands After Running Your Hand Through Your Own Hair

Originally posted by newy View Post
              I see so many pros do this on TV. Pretty gross......
              I agree, newy. The last time I saw a televised professional give his playing partner the greasy palm I was disgusted.

If shaking hands with one another has become unpalatable for some folks, well, I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
              I do feel that there is something wrong, however.
              Swing slow, walk fast

Comment

Can you not just shake and then wash your hands before you eat wings or touch your face? I have two little kids that are pretty gross most of the time so not much phases me anymore.
                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                Srixon Star XV
                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I always shake hands or bump fists with my playing partners. It is a sign of respect and camaraderie of getting through a round especially if the weather is being unkind.

Just wash your hands afterwards. There is Canadian Goose and fox fecal matter, fertilizers, pesticides, insect repellent amongst other things. Unless you have open sores/scratches/cuts on your hand; a weakened immune system or have a disorder like Howie Mandell I see no reason not to shake hands.
                  WITB - Shredder stand bag in "Buzz Saw Red"

Driver: Fly-Z set to 10.5°
                  Fairway Wood: Fly-Z set to 14.5°
                  Hybrids: Fly-Z 2-3H set to 17.5° and 3-4H set to 20.5°
                  Irons: Fly-Z 5i-PW
                  Wedges: tour trusty 52°/8° 56°/12° 60°/10°
                  Putter: Method Core 3i

Comment

Originally posted by Cabralicus View Post
                    I always shake hands or bump fists with my playing partners. It is a sign of respect and camaraderie of getting through a round especially if the weather is being unkind.

Just wash your hands afterwards. There is Canadian Goose and fox fecal matter, fertilizers, pesticides, insect repellent amongst other things. Unless you have open sores/scratches/cuts on your hand; a weakened immune system or have a disorder like Howie Mandell I see no reason not to shake hands.
                    Just curious...why is Howie Mandell the one with the "disorder"?

Comment

The threads on TGN these days...

Comment

Always remove my hat and shake hands afterwards, to me it's an important part of the gentleman's game.

As Iggy states, lots of contaminants on course , I always wash my hands first thing entering the clubhouse.
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I'd rather shake hands than hug. Why do women always want to hug?
                          Ditto on the hand washing.... I always do that before eats in the clubhouse.
                          In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
                          Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
                          Titleist 910 F2 19*
                          Titleist 913H 24*
                          Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
                          Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
                          Vokey SM6 58*
                          SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

I'm getting a lot of useful tips from this thread.
                            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

One way to avoid this "problem" is to leave your hat on while you shake hands.

That's the way it was done for 400 years, and then it became déclassé somehow...

What's next? Take off your shoes to shake hands?

Regardless, when you shake hands, whether FC or partner, look them in the eyes.

I'll take off my hat in the clubhouse. I'm not a complete heathen....

And I'll wash my hands before eating (see above wrt heathens).
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

I have great hair....you should be honoured to get that close to touching it.
                                I like big putts and I cannot lie
                                You other putters can't deny
                                That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                                You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X