Shaking Hands After Running Your Hand Through Your Own Hair

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaking Hands After Running Your Hand Through Your Own Hair

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
    Leaving your glove on for the post game hand shake is very rude and disrespectful.
    After a best of 7 hard fought series, yes. After an 11pm shinny game, everyone does it and we're not all being rude and disrepectful to each other. Totally acceptable. Different sports, different levels, different customs.

Usually (not always) the only physical contact between golfers are two handshakes and its strange when those handshakes contain a good exchange of hair oil/dandruff/other stuff. I guess its just a vanity thing that the offender doesn't even realize they're doing. "Must make my hair the way I like to show it off to the world before everyone sees my hathead" subconscious fail. And nobody cares what your hair looks like anyways.
    Last edited by newy; Dec 4, 2016, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post
      After an 11pm shinny game, everyone does it and we're not all being rude and disrepectful to each other. Totally acceptable. Different sports, different levels, different customs.
      Must be a Millennial thing.

To call it disrespectful is a bit over-the-top, but I play in a senior league and fist bumps are certainly not the norm. Probably 80% take off their glove and shake your hand.

Comment

Millenial thing? Doubtful as our players range from 20 to 60 and its 100% not looked down upon.

Anyhooo, this thread was meant to be about pro golfers on TV, not rec league hockey. I've put wayyyy too much time and thought into this. I'm out. Its very rare I actually see somebody do it on the course but I guess if its your thing and you like it, keep on tusslin' and shakin'. I'm sure your playing partners will love it, even if they don't say it
        Last edited by newy; Dec 4, 2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I play as a single on most days, so I end up playing with all sorts of people. I don't ever remember this issue ever coming up. We always shake hands and I always take my hat off as well. It's a respect thing, isn't it?
          Ping i25 Driver
          Ping i25 3 wood
          Ping G30 19deg hybrid
          Ping G30 4I - PW
          Nike Victory Red AW, SW, LW
          Ping Crazy-E G2i

Comment

Anyone notice a certain Canadian golfer run his hand through his hair before shaking Spieth's hand yesterday?!

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
              BAHAHAHA do you carry hand sanitizer 100% of the time too? Out of all the things to be worried about and its shaking some ones hand after they ran their fingers through their hair? They've probably spit on their ball to clean it.. or a club. They probably took a piss or crap and didnt was thoroughly. They touched their golf bag, clubs etc that most likely havent been washed at all or recently.
              How do you feel about sex? because having sex with a person is pretty much having sex with everyone they had sex once you decide to forgo the protection. (hopefully after the right choices have been made)
              You need to stop having sex on the golf course! C'mon now !!
              Then again......there was this super hot cart girl once.
              TGn'rs bored over the coldest days of the year will talk about the stupidest stuff!!

Comment

Phil M. did it on the 18th at the Farmers!
                Thanks to the OP for forever bringing this to my attention.
                What's In The Bag:
                Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9*
                3 Wood: Callaway Paradym 15*
                Utility(s): Ping G410 18*
                Irons: PXG 0311 Gen6 Dark 4-GW
                Wedge: PXG 0311 Forged 58*
                Putter: Scotty Detour Custom

WITB FLA:
                Same as Above

Comment

This has definitely become a "thing" when I play with other TGN'rs!!
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by just123123 View Post
                    Phil M. did it on the 18th at the Farmers!
                    Thanks to the OP for forever bringing this to my attention.
                    Phil does it all the time . . .
                    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I wonder if DJT runs his hand through that mop? Either way, it's going to be painful

Comment

It is extremely un Canadian to be derogatory to people with mental health issues.

#BellLetsTalk
                        NSST golf
                        Never the same swing twice!!

Comment

Greasy sweaty hair is fine by me when you think that you are always handling your ball, and lord knows what they run through on fairways greens and rough... then you buy something off the cart girl and touch that and eat it.

Goose poop!! Dog Shite!!! Guys who urinate on the fairway (yes, I play with a couple of guys who do that). LUGENS!!! Saw a huge praerie oyster at Woodington legends fifth hole green and wondered just how often would the ball roll through that and then touch it and possibly eat something off the cart. I could go on I suppose....

Best to try and not think about it all if you suffer from OCD
                          Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Originally posted by sauerkraut View Post
                            I wonder if DJT runs his hand through that mop? Either way, it's going to be painful

https://gfycat.com/KaleidoscopicHonestArchaeopteryx
                            What an ***hat.
                            One can only wonder what other world leaders really think of this guy. (ooops I mean the PPPP....PPPP....President.)
                            Next time you see officials/leaders meeting with Trump, take a look at their expressions as he speaks. What an embarrassment.
                            What's In The Bag:
                            Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9*
                            3 Wood: Callaway Paradym 15*
                            Utility(s): Ping G410 18*
                            Irons: PXG 0311 Gen6 Dark 4-GW
                            Wedge: PXG 0311 Forged 58*
                            Putter: Scotty Detour Custom

WITB FLA:
                            Same as Above

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews