/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN COMING ACROSS ANOTHER BALL ON THE COURSE??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN COMING ACROSS ANOTHER BALL ON THE COURSE??

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
    When I lived in Edmond Oklahoma, I played periodically with a guy who was an ex-Marine Gunnery Officer. He carried a Colt .45 semi-auto in his bag and never had a problem with some one picking up his ball.
    Pulling a gun over a ball would be a bit much. Or I missed the point as a concealed gun doesn't factor. Must have been a coincidence
    I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
      When I lived in Edmond Oklahoma, I played periodically with a guy who was an ex-Marine Gunnery Officer. He carried a Colt .45 semi-auto in his bag and never had a problem with some one picking up his ball.

I never pick up stray balls. no matter what. I always mark mine or use bright ones. I think sticking to this rule is just easier for everybody

Comment

My playing partner had his ball picked up by a marshall at Ballantrae yesterday morning. I guess he was more concerned with ball hawking than actually monitoring pace of play and found his ball in the left rough down 16 and pockketed it.
        Driver:Titleist 910 D2 w/ Diamana Ahina stiff
        4-wood: Titleist 910F 17° w/ Diamana Ka'ali stiff
        Hybrids: Titleist 910h 19 degree
        Taylormade Burner 19/22 degree
        Irons: Titliest AP2 w/ KBS Tour 90
        Wedges: Titleist Vokey 60sm4, 56sm4, 52sm4
        Putter: Ping Anser 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
          Pulling a gun over a ball would be a bit much. Or I missed the point as a concealed gun doesn't factor. Must have been a coincidence
          The point was that all the guys knew he packed it. He also did some bounty and private security work.
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by 3 off the tee View Post
            It's not only picking up of the ball that drives me nuts. What about when someone sees your ball, assumes it's theirs and plays it
            This makes my blood boil. Fortunately it hasn't happened too often. It's the inconsiderate mindlessness that takes the cake above all else.

Comment

Was playing last week and there was a ball at the start of our fairway, my partner's and I walked right past it. A Marshall came by when we were 30 feet past and picked it up.. lol
              TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
              TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
              TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
              Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
              Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
              100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Pingnut View Post
                Was playing last week and there was a ball at the start of our fairway, my partner's and I walked right past it. A Marshall came by when we were 30 feet past and picked it up.. lol
                Really didn't think Marshalls were the problem LOL...

On an unrelated note, playing at Savannah in Cambridge and the Marshall was complaining about the group in front of us that they were waiting to hit until people were off the green 400+ yards away...

I asked him, what did they say when you told them? He said, 'I didn't bother'

Now I know he's just there to collect balls

- Ian
                TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                TM TP5 Golf Ball
                Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

I see marshalls hawking balls in the trees and fescue all the time.

never have seen one pick up a ball that was in play but perhaps in his travels he saw that it had been sitting there for a while so scooped it up?
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Just ' Walk on by'....

Comment

If it's in water or bush I'll take it. If it looks like it's in play, fairway or rough, leave it.

Comment

look around to see if theres anyone in the vecinity, then look to see if its either a prov1 or prov1x. if not leave it if so grab it and hope nobody sees you.

Comment

Originally posted by hurank View Post
                          look around to see if theres anyone in the vecinity, then look to see if its either a prov1 or prov1x. if not leave it if so grab it and hope nobody sees you.
                          Yet another reason to not play ProV...
                          TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                          TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                          * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                          TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                          TM TP5 Golf Ball
                          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                          Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

coming across a lost ball is equivalent to being a recovering alcoholic who is surrounded by a sea of beer commercials.
                            you know you want to pick it up but don't dare for fear of re-lapse...
                            Devlin

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I might be the only one whom has the "that's my ball..." Argument.
                              i always play the same ball and it's vice balls with 3 simple initials and 1 dot. What are the odds that anyone in my area plays a vice ball ? What's the greater odds that someone plays a vice ball with the same 4 marks as mine?
                              So if you come across a vice ball in your round, yes that was mine at one point, you can take that to the bank!
                              So you see problem solved for me, yet it's amazing how many balls I loose, some ligitamely ( in water hazards, in the bushes) but the most frustrating losses are the ones where I can clearly see the ball land and yet I'm not able find the ball...especially on busy courses. Had one such round at Turtle Creek this year...but what's one to do when one can't control ones swing , you just have to accept you are going to loose a "few" naturally and " unnaturally
                              Devlin

Comment

I return all found balls to the lost and found basket at the pro shop and inquire about any of my lost balls that may have been returned. Seems no one else does this.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X