Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Golf Vacation in February

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Golf Vacation in February

Because I know that a few of you have vacationed down in Florida, I am reaching out to the TGN nation for some advice. Planning a golf vacation for 4 for the first week of February and looking for accommodation suggestions as well as course suggestions for the week. Knowing that Florida is a large state with lots of good options, we would like to keep the price reasonable for each. Last time we visited the Orlando/Davenport area in 2013, we found a beautiful 4 BDRM house for $850/week and we played some nice tracks such as Orange County National. Looking to spent $40/$50 a round with cart. Appreciate your suggestions and help. Thanks

Damn. $850/week? We found a place (admittedly it's in a resort community loaded with amenities) for $2100/week Canadian. We needed a place that would accommodate 5 adults and 2 children with full kitchen, laundry, multiple showers, etc.

I'll be staying just outside Orlando in the 3rd week of February so I'm tagging along here.

I'm looking at either 3 or 4 days of golf and then 1 or 2 days doing touristy things with the family and probably 1 ocean day. During the golf days, weather and my body dependant, I'd probably want 1 or 2 days to include two rounds. I don't know if I'll want to replay a course in the same day or play a two-course complex.

I'm driving down so I'll have my vehicle with all my golf stuff loaded in the back and navigation on board so I'm all set for any adventure, I just don't want to be spending all my time driving so within 30-45 minutes of Orlando is preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post
      Damn. $850/week? We found a place (admittedly it's in a resort community loaded with amenities) for $2100/week Canadian. We needed a place that would accommodate 5 adults and 2 children with full kitchen, laundry, multiple showers, etc.

I'll be staying just outside Orlando in the 3rd week of February so I'm tagging along here.

I'm looking at either 3 or 4 days of golf and then 1 or 2 days doing touristy things with the family and probably 1 ocean day. During the golf days, weather and my body dependant, I'd probably want 1 or 2 days to include two rounds. I don't know if I'll want to replay a course in the same day or play a two-course complex.

I'm driving down so I'll have my vehicle with all my golf stuff loaded in the back and navigation on board so I'm all set for any adventure, I just don't want to be spending all my time driving so within 30-45 minutes of Orlando is preferred.
      We have been going to Orlando every February for the last 16 years. We stay in Kissimmee, near Disney World. Two suggestions are ChampionsGate and Royal St. Cloud. The former has two courses. One is a traditional course and one is a links style course. The latter has 3 nines, and will be much cheaper than the former.

Comment

Call TeeTimesUSA.com and ask what they can put together for you.
        E is for Einstein's theory of relativity - New Riders of the Purple Sage

Comment

Tons of threads here about Orlando golf. We've posted a ton of info in about three or four threads, so use the search tool and get-a-reading.

I stay at Reunion, near Championsgate. Lots of accommodation to suit your budget and standards in the Kissimmee area.
          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Morris View Post

We have been going to Orlando every February for the last 16 years. We stay in Kissimmee, near Disney World. Two suggestions are ChampionsGate and Royal St. Cloud. The former has two courses. One is a traditional course and one is a links style course. The latter has 3 nines, and will be much cheaper than the former.
            Awesome, thanks. We're actually staying just a little west of Kissimmee so I'll check those courses out for sure.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
              Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
              TrGo
              iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
            • TrGo
              TGN To-Do List
              TrGo
              Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
              Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
            X