Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's still playing? The cold weather Golf thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played Deer Creek South on Monday. Hoping to get out for another 9 this afternoon after curling...

Comment

Played Rolling Hills yesterday. A few of the bunkers had traces of snow in them - extra incentive for me to avoid going into them!

Hoping to play again this coming weekend if I can find a course still open.

Comment

Playing Osprey Shortly. Shouldn't be a line up. If you got gear, get out there. It is going to be a long winter.

Comment

Originally posted by STEADY FREDDY View Post
          Playing Osprey Shortly. Shouldn't be a line up. If you got gear, get out there. It is going to be a long winter.
          playing tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get in before the rain starts and there isn't too long of a frost delay in the morning

Comment

Another 18 today at King's Forest...course closing down this coming Sunday Nov 19th fyi

Comment

Played yesterday and today, walking at Remington. For some reason my whole body is quite stiff????

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Played at winchester,not very enjoyable,only a few shots worth remembering, makes me wonder why I went out .

Comment

Played today, loved it. Golf balls are like rocks. Hit a solid driver on a 175 yards par three, to 10', and missed the put for birdie.
                  Cheers and keep playing
                  “Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose”
                  Winston S. Churchill

Comment

3 of us played Oakridge today. Greens are bumpy from aeration but otherwise conditions quite reasonable. We walked the course in 3:45 and I shot a pretty decent score given how I have played this year. Even managed a few “disaster recovery” shots.

Comment

Great round today! Sunny at times, very little wind, shot a very decent score for November. Always amazing to get out at this time of year and have nice weather. Full tee sheet all day, just baffling why so many courses shut down so early.
                      Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                      Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                      Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                      Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                      Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                      Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
                      Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
                      Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
                      Ping Scottsdale Putter
                      Sun Mountain Bag
                      Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
                        Great round today! Sunny at times, very little wind, shot a very decent score for November. Always amazing to get out at this time of year and have nice weather. Full tee sheet all day, just baffling why so many courses shut down so early.
                        We didn’t see another golfer anywhere on the course until a single almost caught up to us with 2-1/2 holes to go.

Comment

I took a half day off and played Savannah in Cambridge today. I started as a single but joined another single on the 9th hole. There weren’t too many people on the course.

Other than a couple of birdies it wasn’t the greatest round, but I was just hoping to get out and play the last round of the year. The weather was nice; a light breeze and mixed sun and cloud. Overall a nice end to the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

We didn’t see another golfer anywhere on the course until a single almost caught up to us with 2-1/2 holes to go.
                            I suppose that's why it's so busy still at Pine Knot. Everyone around here knows that they are always open if there's no snow on the ground. I drove by a few other courses today that are closed now, I guess Pine knot will get their business too.
                            Last edited by elmeroil; Nov 16, 2017, 01:28 PM. Reason: Terrible spelling!
                            Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                            Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                            Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                            Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                            Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                            Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
                            Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
                            Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
                            Ping Scottsdale Putter
                            Sun Mountain Bag
                            Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

I just booked st andrews valley for saturday... light rain 7 degrees..... I can handle that
                              Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Played today at Tam. Teed off at 9:00 a.m., just as the morning rain stopped. Conditions varied from mostly cloudy to some sun and a few bouts of rain. Wind was consistent and kicked up a bit more in the afternoon.

No real reason not to get out.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                  Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                  TrGo
                                  iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                                • TrGo
                                  TGN To-Do List
                                  TrGo
                                  Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                  Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X