Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sick Day of Golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick Day of Golf

First and foremost, because this morning was my last exam, I ended up starting my golf day at around 12pm.

After a warmup I headed out at around 1, and was able to play 45 holes from 1-9:30 P.M. (5 nines at Carlisle)

First 18 wasn't great at 84, but the 2nd 18 I played better and was able to achieve my first ever eagle. After my drive went into the bunker, I hit a 230 yard bunker shot to 8 feet and sunk the put, probably the best golf shot I've ever hit. On the next hole, also a par 5, I hit an unbelievable drive and hit a 215 yard 4 iron to 10 feet but I did not make the putt which was so disappointing!

In the end I ended up winning $10 on a bet for the 2nd round ended up shooting an 81 even with the eagle... Speaking of which, if your handicap is at a certain level and you get a bad score, do you still enter it in? I don't really know the rules for this...
    Driver: Nike VRS 9.5 w/ Accra Tour Z CB 65 M5
    Woods: Cobra S9-1 w/ Accra Tour Z CB 85 M5
    Hybrid: TM Rescue 19 w/ Accra Tour Z Hybrid CB 95 M5
    Irons: Callaway X-Forged '09 6.0 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S+
    Wedges: Vokey 52* and 56*, Callaway Jaws 64
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

Re: Sick Day of Golf

Originally posted by knowlzey View Post
    First and foremost, because this morning was my last exam, I ended up starting my golf day at around 12pm.

After a warmup I headed out at around 1, and was able to play 45 holes from 1-9:30 P.M. (5 nines at Carlisle)

First 18 wasn't great at 84, but the 2nd 18 I played better and was able to achieve my first ever eagle. After my drive went into the bunker, I hit a 230 yard bunker shot to 8 feet and sunk the put, probably the best golf shot I've ever hit. On the next hole, also a par 5, I hit an unbelievable drive and hit a 215 yard 4 iron to 10 feet but I did not make the putt which was so disappointing!

In the end I ended up winning $10 on a bet for the 2nd round ended up shooting an 81 even with the eagle... Speaking of which, if your handicap is at a certain level and you get a bad score, do you still enter it in? I don't really know the rules for this...

You can't pick and choose the scores you enter for your handicap.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
    TM SLDR 10.5*
    TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
    TM Rescue 22*
    4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
    Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
    Ping Ketch
    Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
      You can't pick and choose the scores you enter for your handicap.
      I am aware of that. Is there not some sort of guideline where if you are like a 2 handicap you can't enter in a double bogey as a score? Does the RCGA website automatically do this for you?

Comment

Originally posted by knowlzey View Post
        I am aware of that. Is there not some sort of guideline where if you are like a 2 handicap you can't enter in a double bogey as a score? Does the RCGA website automatically do this for you?
        Now you're talking about Equitable Stroke Control, completely different than "not entering a score", as you originally posted.

If you enter the round score only, you have to take ESC into account for the total score you enter. If you enter the hole by hole score, I believe that the RCGA site takes that into account.

Hope that helps.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
        TM SLDR 10.5*
        TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
        TM Rescue 22*
        4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
        Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
        Ping Ketch
        Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
          Now you're talking about Equitable Stroke Control, completely different than "not entering a score", as you originally posted.

If you enter the round score only, you have to take ESC into account for the total score you enter. If you enter the hole by hole score, I believe that the RCGA site takes that into account.

Hope that helps.
          Yeah sorry for my misuse of words. That's what I meant though. Thanks for your help.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
            TGN Giveaway: The FedEx Cup 2017 Fantasy
            TrGo
            I'm excited to announce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 FedEx Cup.

The winner will receive a brand new Scotty Cameron Newport Putter!!

Here are the rules:
            Aug 21, 2017, 11:53 AM
          • TrGo
            TGN To-Do List
            TrGo
            Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
            Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
          X