Collapse

WON First Round Of Match Play

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WON First Round Of Match Play

Played a tough 8 hdcp giving him 6 shots through 18 holes. I shot 71 and won 3 & 2. My driver is still not where it needs to be, consistancy wise but my putting is coming around nicely. 5 birdies today but obviously need to get rid of some bogies that creep into my rounds.

On to the next match.
    Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Re: WON First Round Of Match Play

Nice going Will......keep it running!!
    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
      Played a tough 8 hdcp giving him 6 shots through 18 holes. I shot 71 and won 3 & 2. My driver is still not where it needs to be, consistancy wise but my putting is coming around nicely. 5 birdies today but obviously need to get rid of some bogies that creep into my rounds.

On to the next match.
      That driver still giving you trouble buddy? Is it hooking? You think a stiffer shaft would help in that bad boy? Perhaps get it checked out, if you get the big dog going...who knows what you can get down to.

I'm still tryin...last five rounds are in the mid/upper 70's with the low being 75, high of 79. Keep double bogeying that damn 18 at Vic.

BTW, great round.

EDIT* see your other thread in equipment. lol
      Last edited by Samick; Jun 23, 2009, 09:18 PM.
      "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Samick View Post
        That driver still giving you trouble buddy? Is it hooking? You think a stiffer shaft would help in that bad boy? Perhaps get it checked out, if you get the big dog going...who knows what you can get down to.

I'm still tryin...last five rounds are in the mid/upper 70's with the low being 75, high of 79. Keep double bogeying that damn 18 at Vic.

BTW, great round.

Yeah, my miss is still a hook. I nuked it on #1 almost too far and through the fairway. I flashed one left on #4 today. Nuked it on #7. An Ok one on #9 and almost skied it on #11 dead down the middle. Good thing I nuked the 3 wood to 25 feet from 250.

Thankfully I only use driver on 5 holes at Oaks. If the course was 7500 I'd be wishing I was a better driver of the ball and 8" taller.

Comment

Yeah, my miss is still a hook. I nuked it on #1 almost too far and through the fairway. I flashed one left on #4 today. Nuked it on #7. An Ok one on #9 and almost skied it on #11 dead down the middle. Good thing I nuked the 3 wood to 25 feet from 250.

Thankfully I only use driver on 5 holes at Oaks. If the course was 7500 I'd be wishing I was a better driver of the ball and 8" taller.
          I thought you always wished for that, regardless of the course/tees you're playing???

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
          TM SLDR 10.5*
          TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
          TM Rescue 22*
          4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
          Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
          Ping Ketch
          Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

So how far did the "nuked" and "ok" ones go ?

Comment

Originally posted by mstram View Post
              So how far did the "nuked" and "ok" ones go ?

Nuked went 300 on #1 down wind

Pretty much skied on #11 went 225

Ok on #9 went 260 uphill into the wind.

#4 was hooked into a tree + great bounce to just in the rough, went 220ish after it got smacked by the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
                I thought you always wished for that, regardless of the course/tees you're playing???

No sh*t smart a$$

It's about time you came down for a round, me thinks.

Comment

Nuked went 300 on #1 down wind

Ok on #9 went 260 uphill into the wind.
                  Sounds like maybe you hit the "ok" one better than the "nuked" one

Comment

Sounds like maybe you hit the "ok" one better than the "nuked" one

I choked down a 1/2 inch on #1 as I was concerned about going through the fairway down wind.

On #9 it's so uphill and always into the fan I just tried to smooth one and keep it dead straight. It's OB left and left is my miss.

They may have been very similar shots I guess.

Comment

On #9 it's so uphill and always into the fan I just tried to smooth one and keep it dead straight.
                      Perhaps a good swing thought for (almost) every drive ?

Have you ever played Westview?

If so, as uphill as either of the two "middle" nines? (particularly the one on the right .. I forget the name ... probably ~30-40 foot rise @~250) ?

Comment

Perhaps a good swing thought for (almost) every drive ?

Have you ever played Westview?

If so, as uphill as either of the two "middle" nines? (particularly the one on the right .. I forget the name ... probably ~30-40 foot rise @~250) ?

Not sure, if so I was 12 er so. Moved to Kitchener in 1984.

#9 at Oaks isn't that much uphill. It might be 25 feet (at most) at 250 out.

Comment

Not sure, if so I was 12 er so. Moved to Kitchener in 1984.

#9 at Oaks isn't that much uphill. It might be 25 feet (at most) at 250 out.
                          Hmm, Westview might only be 25 ft too, now that I think about it. I'll have to take my GPS there next time I play it. It's not a "golf" GPS, just a "normal" one (Etrex).

Wonder if the Skycaddie / etc, have elevation info in them?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X