Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TGN Eagle's Nest Tourny... Have to ask...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN Eagle's Nest Tourny... Have to ask...

How's the sign up going? Last year it seemed there were more sponsors and more bang for the buck. Missed the early bird and now it is $130, which EN's price for the 2:30 twilight (our tee off is 1:30, thus truly we are getting the twilight rate) a hamburger and pop. I know it says EN Gift pack, but is it anything more then a ball mark or felt bag? I hate to be critical as I have no chance at the prizes (raffle and I guess closest to), but again I look at the cost and wonder what I am getting for a Sunday afternoon golf game. At this date I better be assured of a great golf day weather wise at this price.

This year the golf bargains are everywhere and I have to think long and hard before spending $130 for a long afternoon of golf away from the family.

I know I am being negative, but just conveying my thoughts.
    Last edited by Anthony; Jun 24, 2009, 11:26 AM.

Re: TGN Eagle's Nest Tourny... Have to ask...

ditto ^^
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Hi Anthony...I understand your thought process and I`m sure you`re not the only one.

As for sponsors and prizes, we have Callaway again this year as our Platinum sponsor. They have donated some prizes, will have a demo on the driving range prior to the shotgun, 2 for 1 swing analysis at Daimondback GC coupons. We will also have Nick Starchuk, CPGA Pro, giving a "long drive" demo and offering some tips. Nick will also be on a par 3 with a "beat the pro" contest. We have numerous on course competitions and contests. We have other sponsors kindly donating prizes as well.

Dont think you cant win any on course contests, there are plenty of chances at all levels. There`s a ton of luck involved too with closest to the pin and hole in one contests. It will be a fun day and hopefully we`ll see you there. Dont forget, its also a social outting for fellow TGN members to meet each other and put names to faces. Hope this helps you make your decision. Cheers!
      "Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
      Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh View Post
        Hi Anthony...I understand your thought process and I`m sure you`re not the only one.

As for sponsors and prizes, we have Callaway again this year as our Platinum sponsor. They have donated some prizes, will have a demo on the driving range prior to the shotgun, 2 for 1 swing analysis at Daimondback GC coupons. We will also have Nick Starchuk, CPGA Pro, giving a "long drive" demo and offering some tips. Nick will also be on a par 3 with a "beat the pro" contest. We have numerous on course competitions and contests. We have other sponsors kindly donating prizes as well.

Dont think you cant win any on course contests, there are plenty of chances at all levels. There`s a ton of luck involved too with closest to the pin and hole in one contests. It will be a fun day and hopefully we`ll see you there. Dont forget, its also a social outting for fellow TGN members to meet each other and put names to faces. Hope this helps you make your decision. Cheers!
        I know everyone works hard to put the day together and we cross our fingers and hope for great weather. I hope my posts don't come across negative, but I always have to rationalize my decisions to play these events. Being a Sunday and family commitments, I have to decide whether I can make the time.

As I said in another post, EN is a great course, but am concerned with the set-up the day and the pace of play, with the fescue and a # of serious golfers who will be taking the day as a tournament and could slow the pace of play.

I hope all works out and that I can make it.

Comment

Just wondering, how many spots are left since i *may* be able to gather another group to join?
          www.sandicolife.com

Fave courses
          Eagles Nest
          Devils Paintbrush
          Lionhead Legends
          Hockley Valley
          Pipers Heath

Comment

Anthony is right, a clearly communicated layout of agenda and itinerary would help one to decide whether it is worth their time and money to participate.

And of course, only the individual can decide if it is worth their troubles. And different people have different comfort zone relative to the package offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
              Anthony is right, a clearly communicated layout of agenda and itinerary would help one to decide whether it is worth their time and money to participate.

And of course, only the individual can decide if it is worth their troubles. And different people have different comfort zone relative to the package offered.
              We understand. There will be a communication on the days agenda and itinerary shortly. Stay tuned.
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by dnaman View Post
                Just wondering, how many spots are left since i *may* be able to gather another group to join?
                There are approximately 30 more spots open. Feel free to sign up if you`re still undecided or know of anyone else whom might want to join.
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Anthony, think about why you are going and see if it is worth it. If you are just going to play golf and you don't normally spend $130 on a golf game, then you probably shouldn't attend. But if you think it's worth it to play at say $100, then think of the $30 as a donation to TGN for all the great work they've done in uniting golf nuts in GTA and for the opportunity to meet the friends or enemies you made on TGN.

Comment

Originally posted by westbeach View Post
                    Anthony, think about why you are going and see if it is worth it. If you are just going to play golf and you don't normally spend $130 on a golf game, then you probably shouldn't attend. But if you think it's worth it to play at say $100, then think of the $30 as a donation to TGN for all the great work they've done in uniting golf nuts in GTA and for the opportunity to meet the friends or enemies you made on TGN.

I made friends here???? There are a # of factors that go into the decision to play. $130 is expensive (certainly affordable, but not the point). I look at it from a value stand point. For the money, I do want a great weather day, I want to be comfortable with pace of play (here I am 90% convinced it will be slow), I need to have a foursome or friend to play with and as said I have family commitments that I harp on when it comes to a long day of golf.

I think others feel the same way, but that is why I post as I am not sure....

Comment

Originally posted by Focker Singh View Post
                      There are approximately 30 more spots open. Feel free to sign up if you`re still undecided or know of anyone else whom might want to join.
                      Ah ok, im already signed up with my foursome..i'll try to convince some other guys to play the tourney.

For my foursome, this is the first tourney we've ever played (i think one guy has played with work tourneys before), so we have zero expectations and just looking to play a round at a top quality course and experience our first tourney...yeah virginal-like but what the heck. And no,we ain't nowhere near pros.
                      www.sandicolife.com

Fave courses
                      Eagles Nest
                      Devils Paintbrush
                      Lionhead Legends
                      Hockley Valley
                      Pipers Heath

Comment

Originally posted by dnaman View Post
                        Ah ok, im already signed up with my foursome..i'll try to convince some other guys to play the tourney.

For my foursome, this is the first tourney we've ever played (i think one guy has played with work tourneys before), so we have zero expectations and just looking to play a round at a top quality course and experience our first tourney...yeah virginal-like but what the heck. And no,we ain't nowhere near pros.
                        I don't remember anyone on this forum who play golf full time for a living.
                        U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by westbeach View Post
                          $100 = 4 1/2 hours round + $30 = 6 or 6 1/2 hours round...

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                            I made friends here???? There are a # of factors that go into the decision to play. $130 is expensive (certainly affordable, but not the point). I look at it from a value stand point. For the money, I do want a great weather day, I want to be comfortable with pace of play (here I am 90% convinced it will be slow), I need to have a foursome or friend to play with and as said I have family commitments that I harp on when it comes to a long day of golf.

I think others feel the same way, but that is why I post as I am not sure....
                            Can the tournament organizers please arrange for a good weather day, no sorry, a great weather day, to make sure Anthony's happy and that his criteria are met? That'snotor!
                            Last edited by AlfaGolfer; Jun 24, 2009, 09:17 PM. Reason: forgot a space

Comment

Originally posted by AlfaGolfer View Post
                              That'snotor!
                              ...and for goodness sakes, NO WIND!!!
                              ....course is built on a dump, and it's already got a killer slope rating!!!
                              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                TrGo
                                iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X