Collapse

weather network!!!! wtf?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weather network!!!! wtf?

So anyways I check the weather network this morning just before heading out to St Andrews Valley and was happy to see that it called for light rain....1mm!!!! Well thank god I took all my rain equipment and umbrella. That was the most 1mm of rain I have ever witnessed. It started raining on the 8th hole and didnt stop until I got home after finishing the round. It was anything but light as well. I wonder how they did not know that there was a lot more than 1mm of rain coming? I have lost confidence in the reports.
    Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Re: weather network!!!! wtf?

...don't get me started, I had planned on golfing Thursday thru Sunday this week in Belleville & east of there... according to the forecast from Environment Canada, it was at worst, 'partly cloudy'....guess they didn't see FRIDAY!?
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

hey at least they screw up both ways! We had a tournament slated for this afternoon it said we would get drenched. Not a drop and the back nine was sunny and hot!
      ** I do not claim responsibility for any of the preceding opinions because I am legally insane - Hombre Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by caddishack View Post
        So anyways I check the weather network this morning just before heading out to St Andrews Valley and was happy to see that it called for light rain....1mm!!!! Well thank god I took all my rain equipment and umbrella. That was the most 1mm of rain I have ever witnessed. It started raining on the 8th hole and didnt stop until I got home after finishing the round. It was anything but light as well. I wonder how they did not know that there was a lot more than 1mm of rain coming? I have lost confidence in the reports.
        Try scheduling outside jobs and struggling to keep a half dozen customers happy all at the same time....

This constantly inconsistant weather is really f'n with my life lately

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
        TM SLDR 10.5*
        TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
        TM Rescue 22*
        4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
        Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
        Ping Ketch
        Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Where else can you be wrong 50% of the time...... and keep your job.
          Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, Tour 65-S
          Ping G425 SFT 15* 3 Wood, Tour 75-S
          Ping G425 SFT 19* 5 Wood, Tour 75-S
          Ping G425 Max 23.5* 9 Wood, Tour 75-S
          Ping G425 Max 26* 5 Hybrid, Tour 85-S
          Ping S56 Irons, 6 to 9, PW, Aldila VS 85-S
          Ping Tour S, 52/12*, 58/10*,Aldila VS 85-S
          Ping Chip-R, Ping Z115-S (new)
          Ping 35" Tomcat 14 Putter (new)
          Ping "Latitude" Carry Bag
          Nikon Laser 500G Rangefinder

Comment

when I was in university I took a course in meteorology and to this day I remember Prof Gillespie talking about weather forecasting and his classic
            line was " we can tell weather, we just can't tell when"

Comment

Originally posted by crunch27 View Post
              Where else can you be wrong 50% of the time...... and keep your job.
              Major League Baseball, if your only good 30% of the time, you go to The Hall of Fame!!!
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

You guys do know that the weather network has hourly trends? Started a round yesterday at 1230pm. Weather forecast said the rain would stop by 2pm, sure enough after the 4th hole the rain clouds went away. Since nobody was on the course we finished the round in less than 4hrs with some holes where we looked for balls

Comment

Originally posted by Faemow View Post
                  You guys do know that the weather network has hourly trends? Started a round yesterday at 1230pm. Weather forecast said the rain would stop by 2pm, sure enough after the 4th hole the rain clouds went away. Since nobody was on the course we finished the round in less than 4hrs with some holes where we looked for balls
                  Hourly trends are not much good when you're trying to plan a weekend a few days in advance. Heck, I think most of us could guess the weather an hour away with the same accuracy as the weatherman

Alan

Comment

I also checked out the hourly report for where I golfed and it was exactly right. It correctly predicted when the rain would start and stop. I find the hourly reports much more accurate than just looking at the morning or afternoon forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by caddishack View Post
                      I have lost confidence in the reports.
                      It's the weather, man!

_______
                      NQRfPT

Comment

Originally posted by BdaGolfer View Post
                        Hourly trends are not much good when you're trying to plan a weekend a few days in advance. Heck, I think most of us could guess the weather an hour away with the same accuracy as the weatherman

Alan
                        That's true, but the weather ppl do predict the long term 7 day forecast. So when they say 'chances of rain for sunday' and its tuesday, you're taking that risk of booking the round for sunday.

I also found on theweathernetwork.com that their radar/satellite system has been updated to real time (maybe not new to you guys, but new to me) Who needs Michael Kuss now!

Comment

If it is so difficult to predict the weather from 3hours before then why even bother trying to do 7 days, your only going to piss people off when your wrong.
                          Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

A meteorologist is a guy who can look into a girl's eyes and tell whether.

That's my pun for the day.

Comment

[QUOTE=Faemow;421172]That's true, but the weather ppl do predict the long term 7 day forecast. So when they say 'chances of rain for sunday' and its tuesday, you're taking that risk of booking the round for sunday. QUOTE]

I know it's always taking a chance - after all it is the weather It's when they say one thing, change the forecast nineteen times before the actual day, and are still wrong

Most of the time I think they do a Steve Martin in LA Story - tape it in advance and go on vacation early!

Alan

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X