Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrambles scores---Who gives a crap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrambles scores---Who gives a crap

So my buddy and I were paired up with this annoying older guy and his younger friend. (not at CL course)

For 6 holes they were bragging about shooting -18 in a 4 man scramble, describing every shot in detail, etc.

I'm thinking this happened last weekend or something like that.

Turns out this was 7 years ago. For heavens sake, I had to ignore these idiots as they sprayed the ball all over the course like an unneutered cat and talked about their scramble, like I care. After the sixth hole I hit my ball purposely away from theirs so I didn't have to talk to them for the last 12 holes. Even my friend who is way more tolerant than me was getting annoyed.

Losers, that is why I will NEVER play in a scramble. seeing losers like these two idiots living in the past. Scrambles are not golf anyways, it just stupid clogging up courses...Also, no more public courses for me the rest of the year. I just get fed up playing with retards and azz hats.

I bet he was the captain of the football team when he was in high school 50 years ago and still talking about it.

Worse thing was he talked like Bryan Murray with an annoying gurgling sound....

Now I understand why David Sims hates old people...

LOSERS! DIE!

I
    Last edited by megabeemer; Jun 30, 2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Scrambles scores---Who gives a crap

Originally posted by megabeemer View Post
    So my buddy and I were paired up with this annoying older guy and his younger friend. (not at CL course)

For 6 holes they were bragging about shooting -18 in a 4 man scramble, describing every shot in detail, etc.

Turns out this was 7 years ago. For heavens sake, I had to ignore these idiots as they sprayed the ball all over the course like an unneutered cat and talked about their scramble, like I care. After the sixth hole I hit my ball purposely away from theirs so I didn't have to talk to them for the last 12 holes. Even my friend who is way more tolerant than me was getting annoyed.

Losers, that is why I will NEVER play in a scramble. seeing losers like these two idiots living in the past. Scrambles are not golf anyways, it just stupid clogging up courses...Also, no more public courses for me the rest of the year. I just get fed up playing with retards and azz hats.

I bet he was the captain of the football team when he was in high school 50 years ago and still talking about it.

LOSERS! DIE!

I
    Scrambles are for Charities, client or company events and gives the opportunity for beginners or occasional golfers a chance to play with friends, business colleagues..... in a fun situation for a worthy cause. Somewhere along the line, these events and the prizes became too big and enticing, charities added the "mulligan" and scores became lower and lower.

I play in a number and generally enjoy them (even with the 6 hour round). I don't agree with the prize distribution, but it is fun cheering on partners, playing generally from the fairway and the associated comraderie.

Comment

By that posting it sounds like there is only one loser, and it is not the persons you played with. Do you own a mirror?
      Lelyflamingo

Comment

LOSERS! DIE!

I
        I can understand you being frustrated by them telling the same story over and over but really calling them "idiots". Not everyone is a scratch golfer.

Also, FYI, statements like the one I bolded won't make you very many friends around here. I would hazard a guess that over 90% of the TGN membership are public players and we don't really like being called "retards" and "azz hats".

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
        TM SLDR 10.5*
        TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
        TM Rescue 22*
        4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
        Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
        Ping Ketch
        Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
          I can understand you being frustrated by them telling the same story over and over but really calling them "idiots". Not everyone is a scratch golfer.

Also, FYI, statements like the one I bolded won't make you very many friends around here. I would hazard a guess that over 90% of the TGN membership are public players and we don't really like being called "retards" and "azz hats".
          Well said, it doesnt matter where u play or what u play just have fun or do something else

Comment

LOSERS! DIE!

I
            Everybody wants a slice of winner - dekker

Comment

Thank you Lefty. Further, what % of the TGN membership might be considered "old"!

Comment

I stand corrected that not ALL people who are public players are idiots, azzhats. I'd say 5% are, however at Lakeview (where we were playing) I'd say its a flip of the coin. (50/50).

It's not to say that at CL (Clublink)there aren't any azzhats. HOWEVER I can see the names on the tee sheet and change times or walk in and replay after a couple of holes if i don't like the gal/guy(s). Where as a public course it's kinda hard to do so if the tee sheet is booked. I'd like to make the call in picking a course, however my friends are not members anywhere and I let them make the call. (I love Osprey, very open, but they say its too far....)

With regards to older people, you'd think that they have better etiquette than younger ones. However it seems to me that the most problematic ones either have some sort of sense of entitlement because they are older OR they live in the past and re-live stories that probrably are not true anyways. I never have issues with younger guys, they seem to be very respectful of the courses and have good manners.

Making Friends here on an internet forum is overrated...
                Last edited by megabeemer; Jun 30, 2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

It is not about making friends here, not that it is a bad thing. It is about respecting the game and all of the players that try no matter what their skill level is. And from your comments it is apparent you do neither
                  Last edited by lelyflamingo; Jun 30, 2009, 10:19 AM.
                  Lelyflamingo

Comment

I think you should take the same approach that you take on PUBLIC golf courses to PUBLIC golf forums.... and just don't visit... we certainly encourage people from expressing their opinions here, but when they seem to be as intolerant as you I guess they would be better served somewhere else....
                    To golf, or not to golf? What a stupid question!

Comment

I am lost as to what the OP intented to complain about...

Was it public courses, old players, or scramble tourneys?

Comment

Originally posted by lelyflamingo View Post
                        It is not about making friends here, no that is a bad thing. It is about respecting the game and all of the players that try no matter what their skill level is. And from your comments it is apparent you do neither
                        I do not have to respect players that first of all are obnoxious on the golf course---invading my personal space (this guy was a close talker---bad breath too!). Does not respect the course (he was not fixing ball marks, NOT raking bunkers---I had to tell him to rake them, not replacing divots in fairways, etc). I do not respect people who talk in others back swing as this dummy did several times to all 3 of us at one point and one of them was his buddy!

I do not respect people who talk(yell!) a great game but can not back it up..This guy tried to give me unsolicited "tips" on the course when he was a so-so player. I don't think he broke 100.

Would you respect someone that doesn't respect the golf course or the partners you are paired up with? If so I don't respect you either.

Comment

I do not have to respect players that first of all are obnoxious on the golf course---invading my personal space (this guy was a close talker---bad breath too!). Does not respect the course (he was not fixing ball marks, NOT raking bunkers---I had to tell him to rake them, not replacing divots in fairways, etc). I do not respect people who talk in others back swing as this dummy did several times to all 3 of us at one point and one of them was his buddy!

I do not respect people who talk(yell!) a great game but can not back it up..This guy tried to give me unsolicited "tips" on the course when he was a so-so player. I don't think he broke 100.

Would you respect someone that doesn't respect the golf course or the partners you are paired up with? If so I don't respect you either.

ALL of that information would have been EXTREMELY helpful going towards explaning your frustration. Your first post has you sounding like a pompous azz - which is why you received the responses you did.

It sounds like you should have excused yourself from playing with them after 9.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                          TM SLDR 10.5*
                          TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                          TM Rescue 22*
                          4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                          Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                          Ping Ketch
                          Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by mirak View Post
                            I think you should take the same approach that you take on PUBLIC golf courses to PUBLIC golf forums.... and just don't visit... we certainly encourage people from expressing their opinions here, but when they seem to be as intolerant as you I guess they would be better served somewhere else....

Yes I am intolerant, intolerant of people who are disrepectful to the golf course and the people they play with.

Comment

ALL of that information would have been EXTREMELY helpful going towards explaning your frustration. Your first post has you sounding like a pompous azz - which is why you received the responses you did.

It sounds like you should have excused yourself from playing with them after 9.

Sorry, you are right, I am a newbie posting here and I should have included these facts.

In hindslight we should have walked in after 9, BUT the course was busy (lakeview) and my friend had a family dinner to attend. And after 6 holes we decided to continue on and ignore the idiot.

I can be pompus, lol, but ONLY towards azzhats...

I suppose I was P/O'ed , ranting, and it was late at night...

But no excuses, I will write better, thank god I don't make a living writing!

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                TrGo
                                iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                              • TrGo
                                TGN To-Do List
                                TrGo
                                Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X