/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Where else but TGN to post career round....

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where else but TGN to post career round....

First round in 2 weeks..... Been looking forward to just getting out as had played really well prior. Played right tees (Whites) in the rain late afternoon (little roll).... Hit ball very well, which obviously really is the key... Played both front nines of Lionhead, so someone can tell me it was not an official round. Don't track handicap so I don't care.

The difference was the short game, as I made great chips (usually just off the green or collar to kick in distance) and right club choices, using 5I, 7I or PW where needed. On Masters 2, I chip a 7I from 60' to 2", make a 12' on 3, chip from just off the 4th to 1', 5 I lip my par putt, on 7 another 60-70' chip from the front of the green to 3', bad 3 putt on 8 and a real (by that I mean a nice pitching wedge from the rough just off the side) up and down from just off the green to 3'.... A freaking 38!!!!!

Went to Legends and still played the whites, solid play still there but not the same up and downs..... Good bogey on 1 (third was from a 160 yards just over the green), miss an 8' par putt on two, bad chip on 3, another bogey, lip a 7' birdie putt on 4, another 8' missed par on 5, regulation par on 6, bogey 7, make an incredible chip on 8 from the 9th tee, tracking into the heart of the cup and stops an inch short and indifferent chip on nine comes up 30' short and 2 putt..... I knew it without counting...... an 80....

BTW, all in under 3 hours....

Doubt I could play any better ever.... Will try though....

My wife doesn't want to hear about it, so I had to post here and smile.....

Re: Where else but TGN to post career round....

Nice round Anthony. You just keep posting those low rounds here. We don't care if she wants to hear it or not!!
    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Congrats, well done. Like Lionel said we want to hear these stories even if your wife doesn't want to.

Cyber beers for everyone.

Asim
      Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
      Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Well done.
        Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
          Well done.
          Will, you too, I dream of breaking 80 and you are grinding for those 60's..... I guess I better hit some executive courses to hit those #'s....

Thanks Goshawk and Gimmeabogey, really appreciate the support, though my sandbagging days are over with members of TGN....

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            Will, you too, I dream of breaking 80 and you are grinding for those 60's..... I guess I better hit some executive courses to hit those #'s....

Thanks Goshawk and Gimmeabogey, really appreciate the support, though my sandbagging days are over with members of TGN....

Yeah, money games get tougher to find and everyone wants shots.

It's pretty easy to go low on your home course. Take those low scores on the road and then you've got something. Playing a course for the first time is real tough to go sub par.

One less stroke, Anthony and you'd really be celebrating.

Comment

Career rounds always feel great, congrats!

Comment

good job man

Comment

Good work Anthony... and under 3 hours...wow!
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Besides TGN, I'd be stopping strangers in the street, knocking on doors in neighbourhoods I've never been to, cold-calling random numbers out of the
                    White Pages, and maybe even going down to Norway Cemetery and telling my Mom & Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by landlord View Post
                      Besides TGN, I'd be stopping strangers in the street, knocking on doors in neighbourhoods I've never been to, cold-calling random numbers out of the
                      White Pages, and maybe even going down to Norway Cemetery and telling my Mom & Dad.

And going to the local HoppyCopy for some collated copies of my score card.

Comment

Great round Anthony! Never doubt you can do it again! There's only one way to go, that's going 70s!

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                        First round in 2 weeks..... Been looking forward to just getting out as had played really well prior. Played right tees (Whites) in the rain late afternoon (little roll).... Hit ball very well, which obviously really is the key... Played both front nines of Lionhead, so someone can tell me it was not an official round. Don't track handicap so I don't care.

The difference was the short game, as I made great chips (usually just off the green or collar to kick in distance) and right club choices, using 5I, 7I or PW where needed. On Masters 2, I chip a 7I from 60' to 2", make a 12' on 3, chip from just off the 4th to 1', 5 I lip my par putt, on 7 another 60-70' chip from the front of the green to 3', bad 3 putt on 8 and a real (by that I mean a nice pitching wedge from the rough just off the side) up and down from just off the green to 3'.... A freaking 38!!!!!

Went to Legends and still played the whites, solid play still there but not the same up and downs..... Good bogey on 1 (third was from a 160 yards just over the green), miss an 8' par putt on two, bad chip on 3, another bogey, lip a 7' birdie putt on 4, another 8' missed par on 5, regulation par on 6, bogey 7, make an incredible chip on 8 from the 9th tee, tracking into the heart of the cup and stops an inch short and indifferent chip on nine comes up 30' short and 2 putt..... I knew it without counting...... an 80....

BTW, all in under 3 hours....

Doubt I could play any better ever.... Will try though....

My wife doesn't want to hear about it, so I had to post here and smile.....
                        Cobra King F7
                        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                        Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
                        Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
                        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

And going to the local HoppyCopy for some collated copies of my score card.
                          Reminds me of that FEDEX commercial when the guy got his first ace
                          Cobra King F7
                          Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                          Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                          Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
                          Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
                          Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Take those low scores on the road and then you've got something.

Shoot a low score during a six hour round and then you've got something.
                            I like big putts and I cannot lie
                            You other putters can't deny
                            That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                            You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                              Shoot a low score during a six hour round and then you've got something.
                              Even better, do it without any "reloads" or "do overs"

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                              TM SLDR 10.5*
                              TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                              TM Rescue 22*
                              4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                              Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                              Ping Ketch
                              Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse