Collapse

Tennis Elbow

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis Elbow

Boy this is getting me down lately, my left arm is hurting so much and looks like a little footbal.

My Dr. is telling me to rest and ice and anti inflamatory drugs that just block me up.

The irons are pretty good but my tee box game is hurting, I even have a hard time lifting the club off the ground with my left arm, I have to put my right hand on the shaft to lift the club up

Been going on for a mth now and I refuse to lay off the game, the irons aren't too bad but the longer clubs are killing me, I know people have said accupucture, joint building drugs and resistant massage.

I have no time to go for massages, hate drugs and the last time I went for accupucture I sat up and pulled everyone of those stupid little needles out of my legs and left mumbling Witch Dr. to to the guy.

Im just venting here because its depressing, as soon as I hold the club with my left hand and take it back I feel the pain in my arm - elbow, as soon as I squeeze the grip a bit.

Anyway, sorry that Im venting here, Tom
    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
    Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
    Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
    Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Pro V1x Left Dash
    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Re: Tennis Elbow

sorry to hear of your troubles but doc is right.....

rest, ice , a few gentle stretches and anti-inflammatories are what is required.

tennis elbow or the correct name epicondylitis ( lateral = outside or medial = inside of the arm) is a very common condition in sports that require repetitive gripping and arm movements.

as the term says....."itis" refers to inflammation and this is typically where the many tendons of the forearm ( medial or lateral ) attach to the bone , also know as the medial and lateral epicondyle.

foolow the docs advice and don't play ....rest is key and that can mean being careful around the house etc for a short time so as not to aggravate things.

once it gets better exercises and stretching as well as a course of advil before you play might be indicated as the condition has a habit of returning.

also look into something called a LAS strap....this is a starp that wraps around the arm and places pressure on the muscle/tendon before it reaches the insertion on the bone so helps to reduce the pulling and tearing of the fibers at the insertion on the epicondyle. They work but be caustious as there are many that out there that are not good ones....

I was a competive javelin thrower for many years through high school , University and beyond and had a couple bouts of very severe medial epicodylitis ( once b4 a big international competion ) that required cortisone shots, ypu don't want to get to that ...so look after it and all the best
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

That sucks.

Ice really can make a big improvement but most people don't ice aggressively enough. Basically, ice the crap out of it whenever possible (20min. on -- 15 min. off) Do this over and over. If you can get a minimum of 3-5 of these rotations per day you should feel some improvement. And you can't ice too much (as long as you take the 15 min. breaks to let your arm warm up.)

Use the ice gel packs. And place a wet paper towel between your arm and the pack. It will be COLD but the freezing feeling will go away after 5 minutes or so. You might need to get a tensor bandage to keep the ice pack in place because the pack wants to slide off that part of your arm. Once you have it secured you can basically go on with your day, you don;t have to just sit there doing nothing.

Although you don't have time, Massage therapy would be helpful, the one I go to does good work with tendons (friction therapy or something it's called, I saw Vijay getting the same thing done last year before a round). My girl is located at a clinic in Bramalea City Centre. And you would only need 30 min. appointments. PM me if you want her details.
      Callaway Epic Max LS
      Callaway X-Hot 15*
      Callaway Epic Speed 17*
      Cobra Tec hybrid 21*
      Cobra SS Forged (2003) 4-PW
      Cleveland RTX Zip Core 54*, 60*
      Evnroll ER5​

Comment

No golf for YOU until the Ridge....Big Shooters orders!!!
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
          No golf for YOU until the Ridge....Big Shooters orders!!!

I've tryed not to play but no luck, I went to Taboo with Francis yesterday and it was the first time I have been rained out in 15 yrs, after 4 holes we called it quits with being decked out with rain gear, bucket hat and everything we couldn't go on.

Let me tell you after 4 holes I had a hard time lifting the club with my left arm, Francis looked at my arm and realilized it was slightly swollen!! and it was just not my massive forearms he was looking at

Back to the anti inflamatory drugs for a while and try not to touch a club for a week or so

Can't wait for the Ridge
          Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
          Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Tennis elbow is a real drag. I had it in both arms last year, but mine doesn't get so bad that I cant play, I just suffer after the round lol. Over the winter it goes away for me. This year, so far so good.
            Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

Comment

Tom...sorry to hear that.
              Hope you take the docs advice and rest. We need you at Eagle's Nest.

Comment

Originally posted by caddishack View Post
                Tennis elbow is a real drag. I had it in both arms last year, but mine doesn't get so bad that I cant play, I just suffer after the round lol. Over the winter it goes away for me. This year, so far so good.

I had it in my right arm last yr and was able to play but this yr it's in my leading arm and killing me.

No more blucking laying stones for me, III hire someone.
                Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

I have had this both golfing and curling and the tensor underneath the elbow helps it every time, no Ibuprofin or anything else, just the tensor.

Comment

Hope all is well for that injury. Lots of rest I guess will help. Don't push it too hard, it might end up getting worse and will take out GOLF out even further. Hope it heals up very soon!
                    Cobra King F7
                    Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                    Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                    Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
                    Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
                    Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
                      Boy this is getting me down lately, my left arm is hurting so much and looks like a little footbal.

My Dr. is telling me to rest and ice and anti inflamatory drugs that just block me up.

The irons are pretty good but my tee box game is hurting, I even have a hard time lifting the club off the ground with my left arm, I have to put my right hand on the shaft to lift the club up

Been going on for a mth now and I refuse to lay off the game, the irons aren't too bad but the longer clubs are killing me, I know people have said accupucture, joint building drugs and resistant massage.

I have no time to go for massages, hate drugs and the last time I went for accupucture I sat up and pulled everyone of those stupid little needles out of my legs and left mumbling Witch Dr. to to the guy.

Im just venting here because its depressing, as soon as I hold the club with my left hand and take it back I feel the pain in my arm - elbow, as soon as I squeeze the grip a bit.

Anyway, sorry that Im venting here, Tom
                      Sorry to hear this. I have it both elbows. However with exercises and tensor bandages I have been able to keep playing.

If you doctor says it isn't to bad try some wrist curls with very light weights....no more than 5 pounds to start. Also try squeezing a rubber ball, that is really good too! Hope you feel better.
                      WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
                      Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
                      Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
                      Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
                      Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
                      Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
                      Heavy Putter A1 33"
                      " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

Originally posted by hogannut View Post
                        Sorry to hear this. I have it both elbows. However with exercises and tensor bandages I have been able to keep playing.

If you doctor says it isn't to bad try some wrist curls with very light weights....no more than 5 pounds to start. Also try squeezing a rubber ball, that is really good too! Hope you feel better.
                        Very hard to make a fist, hurts like hell when I squeeze a rubber ball, I have been wearing a arm support but not helping, going to try the one that goes over the elbow and sits below and above the elbow.

I was laying drive ways stones and lifting them one at a time towards me with my left arm about a mth and half ago and thats how I hurt it.

I can't even carry a bag of grocies with that arm, isn't it something how we take things for granted, the winter is fine and this happens during the golf season.

Been out with a few people and just fine myself whinning about it all the time, thats why I've been playing by myself for the most part, embarrassed when I throw the driver at the ball with my right hand because the lead arm hurts too much bringing the club down and then top the ball or whatever, was driving the ball so weel at the beginning of the season.

I've tryed to shorted the iron swing, short irons ok but as soon as I try to use a longer club Im dead, someone said walk away for a while, I just can't do that, I miss it too much if I don't play that week
                        Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                        Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Tom...I'd say if you quit playing tennis, it would stop hurting no?

Comment

Tom, you're no spring chicken, what the heck you doing lifting paving stones...you pay people to do that so you have time to golf!

Hey I buy snow insurance, if it snows my insurance company sends someone to clean my driveway.

Your body is telling you to take it easy so you can enjoy the TGN event. You listen to the little lady now listen to your body.

Comment

Ok now this goes back a long time but I know that these braces still exist. Its called the Lastrap by Coopercare. I had a bad case of Tennis elbow 20 yrs ago playing tennis and this forearm strap has a gel type liner and I tell you it worked like a charm. Alowed me to play yet still took the pain away.

In the Bag:
                              Ping G5 9* Driver/Aldila NV stiff shaft
                              Cleveland 15* 3 wood/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
                              Callaway #2 Heavenwood hybrid stock firm shaft
                              Hogan CFT Hybrid #3 Stock stiff graphite shaft
                              Hogan CFT Hybrid #4 Stock stiff graphite shaft
                              Ping G5 4,5,6,7 irons stiff steel shaft, stepped soft to play firm, blue dot.
                              Ping I5 8,9,pw irons stiff steel shaft, stepped soft
                              to play firm, blue dot.
                              Ping i Wedge 50*
                              Ping MB Wedge 56*
                              Tad Moore TM5 Putter
                              Ogio Pivot bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays