Collapse

Golf Simulator GT Queensway....

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Simulator GT Queensway....

Dropped in as I was next door. The simulators there are incredible, tons of info and accurate I imagine..... Decided to tape a 5I and see how far I hit it (too short). Waiting as I am behind a young lanky 20's male, Maybe 6'1" and 170 (not musclebound at all) in topsiders. He has a Driver taped and I watch a dozen shots disappear into the tarp.... 310-325 yards in the air forever and straight. Wow.... Maybe Tiger could take a lesson from him and hit it straight.....

I hope the distance was right as my 5I paled as did the 19* Hybrids that were taped and i decided to try as well.....

Re: Golf Simulator GT Queensway....

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    Dropped in as I was next door. The simulators there are incredible, tons of info and accurate I imagine..... Decided to tape a 5I and see how far I hit it (too short). Waiting as I am behind a young lanky 20's male, Maybe 6'1" and 170 (not musclebound at all) in topsiders. He has a Driver taped and I watch a dozen shots disappear into the tarp.... 310-325 yards in the air forever and straight. Wow.... Maybe Tiger could take a lesson from him and hit it straight.....

I hope the distance was right as my 5I paled as did the 19* Hybrids that were taped and i decided to try as well.....
    The 2 sims there are calibrated differently, at least as far as I can tell.

A few months ago my buddy was hitting a 4-hybrid in one and crushing it 230, I was in the one beside him with a driver barely getting it out to 230. I told him it seemed odd, made note of a few variables and asked him to switch. Sure enough I was hitting it 250-260 in the other one, I hit about 20 balls in each and my distance was much farther in one over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by JR59 View Post
      The 2 sims there are calibrated differently, at least as far as I can tell.

A few months ago my buddy was hitting a 4-hybrid in one and crushing it 230, I was in the one beside him with a driver barely getting it out to 230. I told him it seemed odd, made note of a few variables and asked him to switch. Sure enough I was hitting it 250-260 in the other one, I hit about 20 balls in each and my distance was much farther in one over the other.

I better have been in the shorter hitting one , which means his drives were 330... I was in the Left Simulator....

Comment

I've hit it further in the left one. Haven't been there in months, but I don't trust the accuracy on them. I've swung as hard as possible with a few of my own drivers and it said they went straight, went to an outdoor range within the hour, same wild swing and set up, only the odd one straight.

Comment

Originally posted by setter02 View Post
          I've hit it further in the left one. Haven't been there in months, but I don't trust the accuracy on them. I've swung as hard as possible with a few of my own drivers and it said they went straight, went to an outdoor range within the hour, same wild swing and set up, only the odd one straight.
          I was at that location last week, saw a standard built guy testing several drivers wearing flip-flops. All of them went 305+ and straight. I wonder if his power came from the magic flip flops.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X