Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another mass shooting disaster...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbine, which was only 18 years ago, is no longer in the Top 10 deadliest list.

...Land of the free and the home of the brave.

Comment

• Apparently, the headliner at the country and western show that was the target of the Las Vegas shooter has had a change of heart regarding gun control.

As would be expected, those who wear cowboys boots and ten-gallon hats while singing are usually among the beer-and-guns crowd, and this guy was no exception. However, having bullets whiz past his own head and having his name forever linked to (what is, for now) the largest mass shooting in U.S. history has modified his perspective somewhat.

It seems now that he is willing to actually advocate for some measure of gun control and to endure the jeers of those who embrace the 2nd Amendment above all else. Better late than never....
      Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• Originally posted by sauerkraut View Post
        Columbine, which was only 18 years ago, is no longer in the Top 10 deadliest list.

...Land of the free and the home of the brave.
        "The price of freedom." - O' Reilly (2017)
        Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...rnational.html
          WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• That was was an eye opener.

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
            What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...rnational.html
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
              That was was an eye opener.

More guns per capita = more mass shootings, is actually a predictable correlation. But the main causal factor is ANGER. Americans are just pissed off most of the time. What makes them pissed? financial problems, marriage problems, etc. Hate to say this, but its almost a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah in the making.

Comment

• From the quoted NYT article:

Americans make up about 4.4 percent of the global population but own 42 percent of the world’s guns. From 1966 to 2012, 31 percent of the gunmen in mass shootings worldwide were American, according to a 2015 study by Adam Lankford, a professor at the University of Alabama.

Stunning facts.

Comment

• The USA is a broken country. People are entrenched on one side or the other of left vs. right, liberal vs. conservative, Democrat vs. Republican, gangs vs. police, racist whites vs. everyone else, pro-gun vs. anti-gun. Each side scapegoats the other for everything that they perceive to be wrong with America and their own lot in life. Add to this toxic environment plentiful numbers of military-grade assault weapons designed to rapidly kill large numbers of people with ease and the results are predictable. The politicians and the corporations have no desire to change this situation and so it will continue. Nothing changed after Sandy Hook, nothing has changed after Vegas. What will it take?
                  Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag
                  TM R15 D

Cobra BioCell 3w, 5w
                  Ping G20 3h
                  Cobra BioCell 4i-PW
                  Ping Glide 52,58

Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Comment

• Originally posted by WeekendDuff View Post
                    The USA is a broken country. People are entrenched on one side or the other of left vs. right, liberal vs. conservative, Democrat vs. Republican, gangs vs. police, racist whites vs. everyone else, pro-gun vs. anti-gun. Each side scapegoats the other for everything that they perceive to be wrong with America and their own lot in life. Add to this toxic environment plentiful numbers of military-grade assault weapons designed to rapidly kill large numbers of people with ease and the results are predictable. The politicians and the corporations have no desire to change this situation and so it will continue. Nothing changed after Sandy Hook, nothing has changed after Vegas. What will it take?
                    Agreed. Many have said before that Sandy Hook was a defining moment. If that didn't cause a nation to rise up and exhort politicians to make changes (including revisions to the 2nd Amendment) nothing will. Not the murder of a bunch of church goers in Texas nor music fans in Las Vegas. If the slaughter of kids makes no difference, the NRA has won both the battle and the war.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                      ...according to a 2015 study by Adam Lankford, a professor at the University of Alabama.

Stunning facts.
                      I'm stunned by the fact that the University of Alabama has at least one professor....
                      That is, I thought they only had coaches and offensive/defensive coordinators.
                      Last edited by Benz; Nov 8, 2017, 04:48 PM.
                      Sage of the GTA...

Comment

• Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

More guns per capita = more mass shootings, is actually a predictable correlation. But the main causal factor is ANGER. Americans are just pissed off most of the time. What makes them pissed? financial problems, marriage problems, etc. Hate to say this, but its almost a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah in the making.
                        I don't agree that Americans are more angry than anyone else, what is unique to the US is the confluence of the angry and disenfranchised with the ability to easily acquire massive amounts of fully automatic weapons and ammunition.

I use the term fully automatic as it it is more indicative of what modern semi autos are given their loophole modifications.

Comment

• , Before we had the means to get the word out through the digital world of Facebook and Twitter, one of our prescient personality guys once said "watch me" when asked what he would do next, and now we can do exactly that.
                          The net has become the pre-staging conduit for wackjobs.

Lankford's papers are clearly pointing to the study of preemptive Crimethought as the next frontier in combating terror.
                          Things change.

Ping i25, PWR75 s
                          Ping i25 3w Accra Tour Z M4
                          Ping i25 5w PWR75s
                          Ping ISI 3-pw Z-z65
                          Clev588 53,57
                          Cal i-Trax

Comment

• The NRA will find it impossible to attack this man as a “lefty” who knows nothing about guns or the 2nd Amendment. That won’t stop them from advancing their usual tripe, but it won’t likely undermine the legitimacy of his main points.

https://www.facebook.com/TheHill/pos...55452526494087
                            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Here we go again.

At least 3 dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                                Here we go again.

At least 3 dead.

There was a time when something like this would have lit up social media. Now it's just another day, another shooting ho hum. The NRA's new position should be "it's too late to talk about gun control, so let's just ignore it." Unless the shooter was brown-skinned, of course, in which case, I guess, this is the time to get political.

Congrats, gun control opponents. You've normalized mass murder.

Comment

TGN Spotlight

Collapse

• TrGo
                                  Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                  TrGo
                                  iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                                • TrGo
                                  TGN To-Do List
                                  TrGo
                                  Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                  Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X