Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone boycotting US travel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

    Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
    I missed out on sunshine vacations this past winter so I can't wait for summer to come. We went to Hong Kong, Japan and to Turkey over the winter. Even though they were warmer than here they weren't Caribbean warm.


    I just got back from Jamaica this past Monday. It was brutally hot.
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=914402

    Comment


    • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

      Whiteout - don't travel south without it.
      Attached Files
      Things change.

      Ping i25, PWR75 s
      Ping i25 3w Tour65 s
      Miz 21Fli-Hi Gblue s
      TA 845s GDs300
      Clev588 53,57
      Cal i-Trax

      Comment


      • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

        Going golfing in Michigan in June. No reason not to go. Probably safer to now than it ever was.

        Comment


        • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

          Quick trip down to florida for a few days this week.

          Zero issues

          One of my neighbours asked about moving to Canada (from Florida), The TSA guy said he wished he was Canadian.

          We live in a pretty heavy Trump area but the cracks are starting to show. I generally make it a policy not to talk politics when down there but all of my neighbours wanted "an outsiders take".

          Comment


          • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

            Originally posted by lrgolfer View Post
            Probably safer to now than it ever was.
            Can you be more specific?
            Sage of the GTA...

            Comment


            • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

              Originally posted by Frorose View Post
              I have a few days break so zipping down to the condo in Florida for a few days. Will keep you posted.

              Mr. Frorose hasn't had any issues crossing. I drove over with no issues either.

              Not sure if nexus helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
              I never expected issues crossing into the US, it's whether we want to go or not. My wife made it clear we will not be traveling to US while whatshisface is in power. No problem I said there are 200 other countries we can go to. Hopefully we will lift the travel ban in 2020-2021 and we will enjoy white Florida sand.
              Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
              Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

              Comment


              • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

                Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

                The sister now lives in Italy. She has an EU and a CDN passport. She chose to travel on the EU passport as there's less hassle when returning to Italy.
                Could she not have brought both or would that make the US even more suspicious hold her for even longer?
                Cobra L5V- Nunchuk shaft
                Ping Rapture V2 4W
                Adams Idea Pro 2H
                Accuform PTM
                SC Red X

                Comment


                • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

                  Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                  Sucks to be them. Never can be too careful.
                  Guess it sucked to have been someone killed trying to defect from East Germany. Guess it sucks to be an immigrant subject to human rights abuses by guards and other inmates in Australia and Papua New Guinea. Guess it sucks to be a Native family with unhealed wounds and generational trauma from children being forcibly removed from their parents and the residential school system right here in Canada.

                  Because you can never be too careful with these things. Right?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

                    Originally posted by nubbie View Post
                    Guess it sucked to have been someone killed trying to defect from East Germany. Guess it sucks to be an immigrant subject to human rights abuses by guards and other inmates in Australia and Papua New Guinea. Guess it sucks to be a Native family with unhealed wounds and generational trauma from children being forcibly removed from their parents and the residential school system right here in Canada.

                    Because you can never be too careful with these things. Right?
                    Yeah, peculiar comment especially in light of the recent development of a thread featuring an offensive picture.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

                      Given the risk of terrorism I have no issue if border agencies are more than careful when allowing travellers into their countries...Canada included. Be they black, white, brown, gentile, Jew, or Muslim.

                      My post was not about immigration. The two posters slagging me are way off base.
                      Last edited by WhiteWalker; May 14, 2017, 08:41 PM.
                      PAEUNGOO NAEMSAE

                      Comment


                      • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

                        Originally posted by jefflin View Post
                        Could she not have brought both or would that make the US even more suspicious hold her for even longer?
                        I'm not sure how it all works. She's done a lot of travelling and moving as a dual citizen so I guess she knows - or used to know - the ropes.

                        I *think* it's a problem to leave on one passport and return on the other.

                        Maybe things will reach a point where Americans will look at tourists, refugees and immigrants and "none is too many" will become an acceptable view once again.
                        Confusion will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

                        Comment


                        • Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

                          Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                          I'm not sure how it all works. She's done a lot of travelling and moving as a dual citizen so I guess she knows - or used to know - the ropes.

                          I *think* it's a problem to leave on one passport and return on the other.

                          Maybe things will reach a point where Americans will look at tourists, refugees and immigrants and "none is too many" will become an acceptable view once again.
                          tourist are a net gain for a country anytime anywhere and most importantly they leave on plan.
                          The other two are an immediate drain, and may continue to be for some time, hence the reticence everywhere to give them a foothold.
                          My advice for dual nationalist is use the "other" passport when visiting home.
                          Things change.

                          Ping i25, PWR75 s
                          Ping i25 3w Tour65 s
                          Miz 21Fli-Hi Gblue s
                          TA 845s GDs300
                          Clev588 53,57
                          Cal i-Trax

                          Comment

                          TGN Spotlight

                          Collapse

                          • TrGo
                            TGN Announcement: B/S/T Forums
                            TrGo
                            We have been hard at work trying to find a solution to allow the Original Poster to reply to their own posts within the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. Unfortunately this is something that vBulliten themselves...
                            Jul 22, 2017, 07:31 AM
                          • TrGo
                            TGN Giveaway: The Open Championship (British Open) 2017 Fantasy
                            TrGo
                            I'm excited to introduce our latest TGN Contest Giveaway for the 2017 Open Championship (British Open).

                            Here are the rules:
                            • Reply to this thread and select one player from each of the 8
                            ...
                            Jul 17, 2017, 11:13 AM

                          OUR NEWSLETTER

                          Collapse

                          * indicates required
                          Working...
                          X