Anyone boycotting US travel

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

Originally posted by Benz View Post
    I still have tickets for a Boz Scaggs concert in Fort Lauderdale this Thursday (Feb 2) night. However, on November 9th, I decided not to go. Didn't want to be anywhere near Florida in the first two weeks of this stupidity.
    I will be in florida thursday to monday. It will be the same as it always is. ALthough I still am not all too happy to be going to the US nor am I too happy that I own property in the US with this S-show going on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos411 View Post
      There's a reason the US election system is setup the way it is, so that a single state can't determine the fate of the country.
      Jordan Spieth would like to use a variation of this rule on #12 @The Masters this coming April.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
        I will just get a second phone for US travel and only have Fox and Infowars in the browser history. Should be good.
        lol maybe at a little Rebel Media in there just to be safe.

no i have no plans on boycotting the us. why would i?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
          Absolutely yes. For many reasons.
          You showed them!

Comment

Originally posted by northernpro View Post
            I went to Australia this xmas..I'll visit other places...ps Oz is a super
            country..
            That's awesome! What did you do after that?!

Comment

Originally posted by bk51 View Post
              If you want to play some golf, a buddy and I are driving to Williamsburg VA for a week, May 6-15. PM me if you're interested.
              Our holidays are May 1-5.

Comment

I actually boycotted as many US companies as I could after Bush was elected for the second time. I did travel down to see my brother in DC a few times however.

I'll likely do the same, if given the option of a US or European vacation I will be taking into consideration the state of Trump's America.

Comment

Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post
                  I will be in florida thursday to monday. It will be the same as it always is. ALthough I still am not all too happy to be going to the US nor am I too happy that I own property in the US with this S-show going on right now.
                  If you want some free tickets to a concert on Thursday, let me know...

Comment

I would go in a second ,

Comment

We usually go to Hawaii every 5 years and it was coming due this winter but we skipped it. Going to a resort in Mexico instead. Not sure if that qualifies as a boycott, but we expected there would be changing rules and the associated headaches we just don't want to deal with.

My annual fall trip is SC is wait-and-see right now. As much as I like SC and find the people quite friendly, it's a former slave state with a lot of confederate flags still flying is some parts of the state. Who knows how emboldened these guys might get. Some of our group are in the enemies list with the folks with the white robes.

Also, I don't think you can assume the entry requirements for Canadian citizens will be the same as they've been for the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                        I think this could become an issue. The US is often chosen to host world conferences/meetings in various fields. Multi-national companies will have to think twice about choosing the US to host as will many international associations. If tourism/conference numbers decline it hits many industries very quickly.
                        My former company for example would have trouble getting various Middle Eastern partners/dealers into the US for the annual sales meeting. If they have to relocate the meeting outside the US, that would be about 4000 (approx 1000 people for 4 nights/ea.) fewer hotel bookings for the host city. That's just one company relocating it sales meeting.
                        I think this type of action is going to adversely effect business in many ways, expect a lot of push back from large corporations.
                        The 2024 Olympic bid by LA comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by LongLefty View Post
                          That's awesome! What did you do after that?!
                          I was there 7 weeks...everything a holiday should have...safe...welcome by
                          it's people..great golf...warm temps...beautiful city...I 'll go again

Comment

Originally posted by emvee View Post
                            We usually go to Hawaii every 5 years and it was coming due this winter but we skipped it. Going to a resort in Mexico instead. Not sure if that qualifies as a boycott, but we expected there would be changing rules and the associated headaches we just don't want to deal with.

My annual fall trip is SC is wait-and-see right now. As much as I like SC and find the people quite friendly, it's a former slave state with a lot of confederate flags still flying is some parts of the state. Who knows how emboldened these guys might get. Some of our group are in the enemies list with the folks with the white robes.

Also, I don't think you can assume the entry requirements for Canadian citizens will be the same as they've been for the past few years.
                            In Hawaii right now....zero issues. What are you expecting regarding entry requirements changing?

No headaches...just sun&fun.

More expensive than Mexico but safer and more beautiful in my opinion.

Bladerunner

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
                              In Hawaii right now....zero issues. What are you expecting regarding entry requirements changing?
                              Best not to assume everyone is traveling on a CDN passport..nuts are diverse too!

Comment

I boycotted Carling Okeefe's products in the 80's because they were partly South african owned - that was my huge university protest! I felt it was a huge sacrafice on my part to make my statement and drink Labatt products.

ALmost felt like it was protesting in the sixties

I am not changing my long weekend in Florida at end of February.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X