Anyone boycotting US travel

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
    I missed out on sunshine vacations this past winter so I can't wait for summer to come. We went to Hong Kong, Japan and to Turkey over the winter. Even though they were warmer than here they weren't Caribbean warm.

I just got back from Jamaica this past Monday. It was brutally hot.

Comment

Whiteout - don't travel south without it.
      Attached Files
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Going golfing in Michigan in June. No reason not to go. Probably safer to now than it ever was.

Comment

Quick trip down to florida for a few days this week.

Zero issues

One of my neighbours asked about moving to Canada (from Florida), The TSA guy said he wished he was Canadian.

We live in a pretty heavy Trump area but the cracks are starting to show. I generally make it a policy not to talk politics when down there but all of my neighbours wanted "an outsiders take".

Comment

Originally posted by lrgolfer View Post
            Probably safer to now than it ever was.
            Can you be more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Frorose View Post
              I have a few days break so zipping down to the condo in Florida for a few days. Will keep you posted.

Mr. Frorose hasn't had any issues crossing. I drove over with no issues either.

Not sure if nexus helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
              I never expected issues crossing into the US, it's whether we want to go or not. My wife made it clear we will not be traveling to US while whatshisface is in power. No problem I said there are 200 other countries we can go to. Hopefully we will lift the travel ban in 2020-2021 and we will enjoy white Florida sand.
              Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
              Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

The sister now lives in Italy. She has an EU and a CDN passport. She chose to travel on the EU passport as there's less hassle when returning to Italy.
                Could she not have brought both or would that make the US even more suspicious hold her for even longer?
                Cobra L5V- Nunchuk shaft
                Ping Rapture V2 4W
                Adams Idea Pro 2H
                Accuform PTM
                SC Red X

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                  Sucks to be them. Never can be too careful.
                  Guess it sucked to have been someone killed trying to defect from East Germany. Guess it sucks to be an immigrant subject to human rights abuses by guards and other inmates in Australia and Papua New Guinea. Guess it sucks to be a Native family with unhealed wounds and generational trauma from children being forcibly removed from their parents and the residential school system right here in Canada.

Because you can never be too careful with these things. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
                    Guess it sucked to have been someone killed trying to defect from East Germany. Guess it sucks to be an immigrant subject to human rights abuses by guards and other inmates in Australia and Papua New Guinea. Guess it sucks to be a Native family with unhealed wounds and generational trauma from children being forcibly removed from their parents and the residential school system right here in Canada.

Because you can never be too careful with these things. Right?
                    Yeah, peculiar comment especially in light of the recent development of a thread featuring an offensive picture.

Comment

Given the risk of terrorism I have no issue if border agencies are more than careful when allowing travellers into their countries...Canada included. Be they black, white, brown, gentile, Jew, or Muslim.

My post was not about immigration. The two posters slagging me are way off base.
                      Last edited by WhiteWalker; May 14, 2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jefflin View Post
                        Could she not have brought both or would that make the US even more suspicious hold her for even longer?
                        I'm not sure how it all works. She's done a lot of travelling and moving as a dual citizen so I guess she knows - or used to know - the ropes.

I *think* it's a problem to leave on one passport and return on the other.

Maybe things will reach a point where Americans will look at tourists, refugees and immigrants and "none is too many" will become an acceptable view once again.
                        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                          I'm not sure how it all works. She's done a lot of travelling and moving as a dual citizen so I guess she knows - or used to know - the ropes.

I *think* it's a problem to leave on one passport and return on the other.

Maybe things will reach a point where Americans will look at tourists, refugees and immigrants and "none is too many" will become an acceptable view once again.
                          tourist are a net gain for a country anytime anywhere and most importantly they leave on plan.
                          The other two are an immediate drain, and may continue to be for some time, hence the reticence everywhere to give them a foothold.
                          My advice for dual nationalist is use the "other" passport when visiting home.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• If you do go to America, be sure to have your passport with you when driving or you could get arrested and taken to jail.

A Canadian woman who'd just completed her Masters in Tennessee got stopped for speeding in Georgia. The cop said her Canadian Drivers Licence was invalid without a passport to back it up, so she was cuffed on the spot for driving without a licence.

Nice.

An Ontario woman says she wants the Georgia police officer who arrested, handcuffed and charged her because she had a Canadian driver's licence, to be held accountable.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                              If you do go to America, be sure to have your passport with you when driving or you could get arrested and taken to jail.

A Canadian woman who'd just completed her Masters in Tennessee got stopped for speeding in Georgia. The cop said her Canadian Drivers Licence was invalid without a passport to back it up, so she was cuffed on the spot for driving without a licence.

Nice.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ence-1.4648561
                              The cop was mistaken. Canadian licenses are valid in the USA.

I never problems going to the USA, only coming back to Canada. I get searched everytime and feel bullied by CBSA agents. Americans always welcome me into their country and wish me a nice stay. Returning home I get treated like a criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by laps View Post

The cop was mistaken. Canadian licenses are valid in the USA.

I never problems going to the USA, only coming back to Canada. I get searched everytime and feel bullied by CBSA agents. Americans always welcome me into their country and wish me a nice stay. Returning home I get treated like a criminal.
                                you must be a WASP.
                                things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X