Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to replace the Wife's car - suggestions in a similar class?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to replace the Wife's car - suggestions in a similar class?

Originally posted by jburns View Post
    Great deal.... I have a Flex and actually just traded it in on.... another Flex!

About to do the same for my escape but looking heavily at the F150. I also like the edge alot.
    Warning - once you drive a truck you'll never go back to a car. I'm done my 3 year lease this November and will likely buy out my 2014 F-150 as the km's are very low.
    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
    Srixon Star XV
    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

2015 Edge Titanium still in stock!? If you were friends with that guy before, you are his BEST friend now! Glad you found the right one for you.
      Driver: Callaway BB Epic 13.5, Veylix Alpina 673S - WILDEYE!
      16.5* 4W: Ping G25, Fujikura Pro Wood 63R
      20* 3H: Callaway Apex, Accra CS1 HB-M4
      4-A: Callaway Apex Combo, Project X LZ 5.5
      Wedges: TM TP 54/60-ATV, DG Spinner Wedge
      Putter: SC Sqaureback No. 1
      Bench: Ping Anser UST VTS TourSPX Hybrid Silver 75R
      RCGA Factor: 11.6 (75 up to....)

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
        To add some perspective on what we need.

Most of our kids have moved away now. 18 year old daughter going to school in the fall. Our 22 YO Autistic son will likely be with us until we're no longer around. We have Yellow Lab dog and in 2 weeks we're getting another.

My family has a cottage. We go up a lot in the summer. We need space for dogs, sometimes a kid or two and/or a friend of kid and all the stuff (food, clothes, some gear) we need to haul. It is shared with other family and is also water access so when we go we take everything we need. Can't really leave much there. Food gets used/tossed. No place to keep extra clothes and any gear if left invariably gets used / damamged by someone.

My wife works for me and sometimes uses her car as a delivery vehicle. It depends how much there is. If needed I do drive a Silverado and we can use that when we need even more space.

Mostly she likes a vehicle that she can get in and out of comfortably with her bad knees. She likes a vehicle with some size but not as big as a 1/2 ton truck which she doesn't mind driving but hates parking.

With her Traverse once in a while when we do have to move 6 people it is convenient to have all that seating. They claim it seats 7 but you are not putting 3 adults in the back row.

We're also past "mini-van" days. Had our share. Probably not going there again unless we see something special in a Honda Odyssey.

So there's a little more info.
        We have similar needs, kids out or at university, cabin in mountains, two dogs. Friend owns a Ford dealership and I am likely going the Explorer route, likely loaded with all the toys. The deal he is gonna give me makes it possible. My 2007 G35 at 135k is still is awesome shape and doesn't cost much, but we need the hauling, and gave the '04 Sienna to our daughter. She needs it to haul her partner's stand up bass. Wifes' 2008 Volvo v50 wagon is just too small but she loves driving it and won't drive anything larger.

An old friend, who has owned Cayenne's, Range Rovers and BMW x5s currently drives a Hyundai Sante Fe and loves it. I rented one in Palm Springs last fall and it was awesome. Need the sport version if you want the third row seats. Back seats very roomy.

My Dad bought a 2010 Nissan Rogue as a vehicle for his place in Palm Springs. The 4-cylinder engine is a little weak, but cruised OK on the I-10. Got a little buffeted by the winds in the valley. Upgraded suspension may help stability, but don't know. Good room for storage and the back seats are very comfortable legroom wise for 6 footers.
        Cobra driver, stiff shaft
        TM R9 TP15* and 19* Fujikura F1 65 TP stiff
        TM R9 4-PW KBS 90 stiff
        TM XFT 52.08* and 58.12*
        TM Rossa Daytona 34"

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          2015 Edge Titanium still in stock!? If you were friends with that guy before, you are his BEST friend now! Glad you found the right one for you.
          Yeah it's pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
            Yeah it's pretty sweet!
            Sounds like a heckuva deal! How was the interior room compared to the Explorer?
            Cobra driver, stiff shaft
            TM R9 TP15* and 19* Fujikura F1 65 TP stiff
            TM R9 4-PW KBS 90 stiff
            TM XFT 52.08* and 58.12*
            TM Rossa Daytona 34"

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
              Warning - once you drive a truck you'll never go back to a car. I'm done my 3 year lease this November and will likely buy out my 2014 F-150 as the km's are very low.
              There have been so many times when I said... "I wish I had a truck" that I figured it's about time. I almost traded in the Flex on one but the Flex is such a huge hit in the family (my wife loves it) we grabbed another since it can tow, carry 7 people, etc).

I don't need anything fancy and since it's usually just me and the dogs... sometimes the kids if I grab them from school... I don't even need the supercrew. Hoping to get to the dealership next week.
              WITB - 2017
              PING Hoofer Digital Camo - Jones Original in Red
              PING G30 11* SF Tec - TaylorMade M2 11*
              PING G30 19* Fairway - Wishon 929HS 21*
              PING G30 26* Hybrids - Empty
              PING Karsten 6-SW - Wishon Sterling SL 5-7-9-G
              PING Glide 60 ES - Ping Glide 58* WS
              PING Karsten TR Anser #5 - TaylorMade Nubbins B9s Blade
              TLT'd @ Dan's Custom Golf - Built @ Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
                There have been so many times when I said... "I wish I had a truck" that I figured it's about time. I almost traded in the Flex on one but the Flex is such a huge hit in the family (my wife loves it) we grabbed another since it can tow, carry 7 people, etc).

I don't need anything fancy and since it's usually just me and the dogs... sometimes the kids if I grab them from school... I don't even need the supercrew. Hoping to get to the dealership next week.
                I got talked into it by a buddy who drives one. When our family grew to 4 I thought we were headed for a minivan. He explained to me that vans are people movers and we only had 4 people. Our problem is we had a lot of crap to move, and nothing moves crap better than a pickup. It's actually been a dream family vehicle for us.
                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                Srixon Star XV
                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Working...
                X