Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

    Originally posted by burkie08 View Post
    Anyone think the leafs might make a push to aquire Carter?
    I'm waiting for The Hammer to give us his incite.


    WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
    TM SLDR 10.5*
    TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
    TM Rescue 22*
    4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
    Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
    Ping Ketch
    Ball: What's on sale?

    Comment


    • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

      Task is very good, but being developed slowly in a very good teams has to help his development. Same with Tyler Seguin, he is a very good talent, no question, but playing on a good team, and having Chara and Lucic on his team doesn't hurt.

      Comment


      • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

        Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
        Baggage and injury prone... leave him alone. Last thing you need is to start reuniting the party boys from Philly.
        Yeah, I just wondered if Burke would be crazy enough to go after him. Too many risks with not enough upside. Plus his 11 year contract. But you never know.
        Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
        Driver- Titleist 910 D2 9.5 w/ GD Tour AD DI-6
        3 wood- Titleist 910F 15* w/ Accra Dymatch S3 M4
        Hybrid- Titleist 910H 19* w/ Accra XH 105 M4
        Irons- Mizuno MP-30 4-PW
        Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5's Black Raw 52,56,60
        Putter- Bettinardi BB1

        Comment


        • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

          Originally posted by Leftygolfer30 View Post
          I'm waiting for The Hammer to give us his incite.
          Brian Burke is an absolute fool if he doesn't have The Hammer on speed dial.
          D: Adams XTD ti 10.5*
          F: Adams XTD ti 15*
          H: RBZ TP 18.5*
          H: RBZ TP 21.5*
          I: ????
          W: PING MB 52*(bent to 50*)
          W: PING MB 54*
          W: PING MB 60*(bent to 58*)
          P: ????

          Comment


          • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

            Originally posted by MannyR View Post
            Yes, Rask is currently a backup, but he will be the number one goalie after Thomas is gone.
            The Bruins HOPE he will be the number one after Thomas is gone.

            Remember, Rask was amazing as the backup in 2009/10 and took over the starting job from Thomas, but he wasn't able to hold onto that job through the 2010/11 season.

            I'm not saying he's a great young goalie, but he has already been given a chance to be the #1 guy and couldn't do it...then again, he was supplanted by the eventual Vezina Trophy winner.

            Comment


            • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

              Originally posted by mrusse01 View Post
              The Bruins HOPE he will be the number one after Thomas is gone.

              Remember, Rask was amazing as the backup in 2009/10 and took over the starting job from Thomas, but he wasn't able to hold onto that job through the 2010/11 season.

              I'm not saying he's a great young goalie, but he has already been given a chance to be the #1 guy and couldn't do it...then again, he was supplanted by the eventual Vezina Trophy winner.
              He's played 21 games this year. They are grooming him to take over.

              Comment


              • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                Leafs are getting lucky with that 8th playoff spot... The Caps actually look like a worse team then them but look out for Winnipeg tied with them making a move and the Habs are 6 points(I believe) out along with TBay who if they had a goalie wouldn't be in that position.

                I'm not including NYI in the conversation.
                TM M1 10.5 Tensi 70 -X
                Nike Vapor 3wd GD Tour AD DI-7x
                Callaway BB Alpha 815 18 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                MP-60 3-4 w/ Project X 6.5
                MP-32 5-PW w/ Project X 6.5
                Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                Sun Mountain 3.5

                Comment


                • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                  caps looked really really bad last night! at one point the hurricanes were outshooting them 22-9!!! when your getting outshot that much by carolina you have some issues!!
                  Callaway Razr-Fit/ Taylormade RBZ 14.5* / Taylormade Stage 2 19* / Taylormade CB TP 3-PW / Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60 / Taylormade Corza Ghost / + 1.2 / 2012 Rebel Creek Club Champion

                  Some say its a boys pastime, yet it builds men - Moe

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                    My thoughts on Globe & Mail today "What Ails the Maple Leafs"

                    Never liked Burke
                    Never liked Wilson
                    And ownership is the worst in ALL of sports.

                    I DO NOT blame the players at all.

                    Leaf ownership needs to get out of hockey. Period. Time for new thinking cause this is going nowhere. NOWHERE!

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                      Originally posted by BruinsFan View Post
                      My thoughts on Globe & Mail today "What Ails the Maple Leafs"

                      Never liked Burke
                      Never liked Wilson
                      And ownership is the worst in ALL of sports.

                      I DO NOT blame the players at all.

                      Leaf ownership needs to get out of hockey. Period. Time for new thinking cause this is going nowhere. NOWHERE!
                      Give the Owners a chance... they have just started....

                      With the salary cap the owners can't do much... Spend to the cap, spend in scouting, big time GM, big time Coach, etc... what else can they do??
                      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                        Originally posted by MannyR View Post
                        He's played 21 games this year. They are grooming him to take over.
                        I know, but you are missing my point.

                        Just because they are grooming him to take over from Thomas doesn't guarantee he's going to be successful as a #1 goalie, as he already had a shot at it and wasn't able to keep the job.

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                          Originally posted by mrusse01 View Post
                          I know, but you are missing my point.

                          Just because they are grooming him to take over from Thomas doesn't guarantee he's going to be successful as a #1 goalie, as he already had a shot at it and wasn't able to keep the job.
                          the same could be said for Thomas and he went on to win the Conn Smythe. Really, Rask lost the job to the best goalie in the league last year.
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                            Originally posted by BruinsFan View Post
                            My thoughts on Globe & Mail today "What Ails the Maple Leafs"

                            Never liked Burke
                            Never liked Wilson
                            And ownership is the worst in ALL of sports.

                            I DO NOT blame the players at all.

                            Leaf ownership needs to get out of hockey. Period. Time for new thinking cause this is going nowhere. NOWHERE!
                            You have zero credibility if you honestly think the Leafs ownership is the worst in all of sports. Donald Sterling of the Clippers? The owner of the Phoenix Suns has basically dismantled a championship team just to save $. The owners of the Seattle Supersonics screwed over the entire city and stole the team away to OKC. The Pittsburgh Pirates haven't had .500+ season in 20 years. The Cleveland Browns have been horrendous forever. The Phoenix Coyotes and New Orleans Hornets don't even have real owners.

                            Heck, I'd argue that the Jays have had worse ownership than the Leafs over the last 15 years...Rogers is THE richest ownership group in MLB and the team won't spend money on big time free agents. The Jays essentially hit the lottery by stumbling upon the best hitter in baseball virtually by accident, but they are too cheap to surround him with the necessary talent to win a championship.

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                              Originally posted by mrusse01 View Post
                              Heck, I'd argue that the Jays have had worse ownership than the Leafs over the last 15 years...Rogers is THE richest ownership group in MLB and the team won't spend money on big time free agents. The Jays essentially hit the lottery by stumbling upon the best hitter in baseball virtually by accident, but they are too cheap to surround him with the necessary talent to win a championship.

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs!

                                Originally posted by mrusse01 View Post
                                I know, but you are missing my point.

                                Just because they are grooming him to take over from Thomas doesn't guarantee he's going to be successful as a #1 goalie, as he already had a shot at it and wasn't able to keep the job.
                                Of course there are no guarantees however Rask sure has demonstrated is abilities and is well positioned to be #1.

                                Comment

                                TGN Spotlight

                                Collapse

                                • TrGo
                                  Free Bucket of Balls plus 35% off from iRange Toronto
                                  TrGo
                                  iRange Toronto has a special offer for TGN members. Bring the attached coupon with you and receive a free bucket of balls plus receive 35% off of the range rates for additional balls.

                                  ...
                                  Oct 7, 2017, 08:03 AM
                                • TrGo
                                  TGN To-Do List
                                  TrGo
                                  Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions on improvements to TGN. We've been able to implement many of the changes and still have a lot on the go. It would be great if this thread...
                                  Aug 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

                                Join The TGN Email List

                                Collapse


                                TGN Sponsors




                                TGN Sponsors

                                Working...
                                X