Brooke Henderson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skt07 View Post

Seriously?
    Well how serious can you take a post when he doesn't even know which network it was broadcast on. I hear he also didn't like Jim McKay's play by play

Comment

• Brooke in the media centre this afternoon:
      9.1K views, 268 likes, 25 loves, 32 comments, 10 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from LPGA: Brooke Henderson live in the media center from the Marathon Classic!

(video, 5:04) MARATHON CLASSIC PRESENTED BY OWENS CORNING AND O-I

July 18, 2017

Brooke Henderson

Toledo, Ohio

THE MODERATOR: It's my pleasure to welcome in Brooke Henderson, Rolex Rankings No. 8, four-time LPGA winner, including already this season. Brooke, how are you doing? Welcome back to Marathon.

BROOKE HENDERSON: Thank you. I'm excited to be back here. I started out really well at this tournament last year, and I didn't play quite as well on the weekend, so hopefully this year I can start out strong again and then finish strong, hopefully put myself in contention on Sunday.

THE MODERATOR: Have you had a chance to practice, and what are your thoughts on the golf course here?

BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, you know, I played nine holes today and then I'll play an 18-hole pro-am tomorrow. Things are looking good. With some of the new changes, it's different, and you need to see it, which always makes it a little bit more challenging for us to kind of get used to things, and it makes it exciting for everybody, including the fans, so I think it'll make for a great week.

THE MODERATOR: You're coming off a T-13 finish at the U.S. Women's Open last year. It was your 14th top 25 of the season. How are you feeling about your game?

BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, you know, things have really gotten better since I won Meijer a few weeks ago. My world ranking came back down, and it gave me a lot of confidence moving forward for the rest of the summer. I played great last week, as well. I would have liked to have finished a little better, but any time that you're shooting under par and finishing strong in majors, it definitely gives you a lot of confidence. Going into this week, it's definitely a great opportunity for me to have another solid finish with the British Open in two weeks, which is something that I'm really looking forward to, along with the Canadian Open, which is almost like a sixth major for me on the LPGA Tour.

There's lots of great golf left, and I feel like every week my game is just improving a little bit, and mentally I'm just getting a little bit stronger.

Q. How have things evolved as far as getting used to the grind or being able to play week to week?
      BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, it's definitely been a learning curve. I'm kind of getting used to the tournaments that I really like and getting used to schedule wise and as you said, kind of getting used to the lifestyle out on Tour because it's very different. Although it's only my second full season, I feel like I've been out here for a really long time, and I kind of understand where my limits are with practice, rest, and I feel like I'm really getting a grip on things, and like you said, I feel like a veteran because I'm kind of picking and choosing events that I want to go to, and kind of practice wise and schedule wise, time management, I'm really getting a lot better at it, and I feel like it's helping me perform a little better.

Q. How does having your sister on the bag help you on and off the course?
      BROOKE HENDERSON: I love having my sister as my caddie. She also does a lot of work for me booking hotels and flights and everything, so she's a big asset to my game. She's my best friend, my sister. We spend tons of time together, so we know each other really well, and I feel like it helps me be successful out on the golf course.

Q. The age difference between the two of you, did you kind of grow up different?
      BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, absolutely. There's six and a half years between us, so I was always trying to follow in her footsteps, always trying to be just like her, and then now to be doing this journey together every single week out on the LPGA Tour is really kind of a dream come true.

Q. You had such a good year in 2016; how do you assess this year as far as your performance?
      BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, last year was really exciting getting down to No. 2 in the world, and I had a lot of really good things going for me, defending in Portland, playing in my first Olympic Games, and winning my first major, so it was really like a highlight year. I definitely had a lot of expectations going into this year, and winning at Meijer a few weeks ago really helped put some of those expectations -- kind of checked them off a little bit and kind of get back to -- when and how I play great golf is kind of when I'm a little bit more relaxed but still demanding a lot of myself. I feel like I really learned a lot over the last few months, and I feel like moving forward, I'm in a really good place, being able to challenge for some more titles before the end of this year.

Q. A lot of top players in the field this week; why did you decide to come play this tournament on the heels of a major?
      BROOKE HENDERSON: Yeah, you know, I've been playing really solid golf, and I feel like my game is in a great place, and I'm just kind of trying to ride the momentum through and see if I can get some top finishes. I'm going to take an extra week off, so my next event is the British Open, so I'm trying to think of this as a gear-up and kind of get ready for it.

Q. (Question on dress code.)
      BROOKE HENDERSON: You know, it doesn't really affect me too much. I wear long pants and tee shirts, so for me it doesn't really matter, but maybe some of the other girls will pay a little more attention.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

Comment

• Brooke is tied for the lead at -1 after a birdie on her first hole (the 10th)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DFLc7kDWAAIsnFG.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	2658466

Comment

• Looks like Brooke is taking next week off (Ladies Scottish Open) to rest up for the British Open.

Comment

• Looks like Brooke will have some extra rest time after missing the cut at the Marathon Classic.

Comment

• It's been a long time since this thread dropped to page two on the front. Up and down day for Brooke today finishing at 2 under with 5 birdies along with 3 bogeys. Birdied all 4 par 5's in this round.

Comment

• Thanks for all your good work "Johnrw" as OP of this thread, I love it, and appreciate what you and everybody else adds to it.
                Sometimes a lot of things are going on and Brooke will drop off first page, and right now hopefully the young Junior Calvin Ross, see other thread will also make some big waves on the Canadian golf scene. Early yet, but we can always hope.
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Watched quite a bit of Brooke in the first 3 rounds of the Ricoh, and although she isn't in contention. she has player reasonable well. Iron game is just a bit off, and has had a number of 20-30 footers and hasn't made any of those. I do feel she has a low on in her but it would be lucky to get her inside the top 10.

Comment

• If you happen to be in the Ottawa area at the end of the week, Brooke will be at Golf Town Ottawa on Friday afternoon
                    Join the #BrookeBrigade and meet @BrookeHenderson at Golf Town Ottawa East on Aug 18, 4pm-6pm. Event details: http://ow.ly/Ki8930elGrO
                    Come meet Golf Town Athlete Brooke Henderson at our Ottawa East store on Friday August 18th!

This is your chance to meet Brooke and get a signed photo, plus the first 300 Juniors will receive a Brooke Brigade gift pack* to help cheer her on at the LPGA CP Women's Open at the Ottawa Hunt & Golf Club.

*Gift Pack includes: A Brooke Brigade T-shirt, PING Visor, and Junior pass for exclusive access to the Golf Town Brooke Brigade viewing zones at the LPGA CP Women's Open!

Comment

• Interview with Brooke on TSN 1200
                      LPGA Pro Brooke Henderson joins The Drive to talk about the upcoming CP Canadian Women's Open.

Comment

• Brooke is number 32 on the SportsPro list of 50 marketable athletes for 2017 (there are 5 Canadians on the list)
                        SportsPro’s 50 Most Marketable Athletes of 2023 follows the most comprehensive assessment of athlete marketability ever undertaken. Now in its 14th year, this highly anticipated ranking considers the dynamic nature […]

Globe and Mail: " Why corporate sponsors are betting on Canada’s Brooke Henderson to transform golf’s image"

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/spo...service=mobile

Brooke Henderson Coming Home (video)
                        TSN's latest highlights and features from around the sporting world. NHL, NBA, NFL, CFL, MLB, PGA, LPGA, MLS, EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga, Serie A, FIFA World Cup, Euro, ATP Tennis, WTA Tennis, Curling, Scotties, Brier, World Juniors.
                        Last edited by sjmcampbell; Aug 21, 2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Campbell. Thanks for posting those two great articles. Being a top 50 marketable person in a game not known for golfers is a monster accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by sjmcampbell View Post
                            Brooke is number 32 on the SportsPro list of 50 marketable athletes for 2017 (there are 5 Canadians on the list)
                            SportsPro’s 50 Most Marketable Athletes of 2023 follows the most comprehensive assessment of athlete marketability ever undertaken. Now in its 14th year, this highly anticipated ranking considers the dynamic nature […]

Globe and Mail: " Why corporate sponsors are betting on Canada’s Brooke Henderson to transform golf’s image"

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/spo...service=mobile

Brooke Henderson Coming Home (video)
                            http://www.tsn.ca/video/coming-home-...derson~1191593
                            Great reading thanks for posting.
                            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Flagstick: A Great Save – Al Pollock’s Arm Keeps The Brooke Henderson Storyline Alive

http://flagstick.com/tee-shots/a-gre...oryline-alive/
                              The good folks at Smiths Falls Golf and Country Club might want to pick up Al Pollock’s green fee on Saturday.

The 70-year-old from Ottawa took one for the team on Friday and had a hand — it was his left forearm, actually — in saving the 2017 CP Canadian Women’s Open. Thanks to him stopping Brooke Henderson’s ball from going into the cedars on the par-5 sixth hole, he and the rest of Ottawa, will be able to watch Canada’s superstar on the weekend.
                              After Pollock let her keep walking the cutline tightrope, she parred the seventh, but pulled her tee shot on the par-3 eighth into the rough, caught a bad lie and gouged it out to 20 feet. The putt missed left to put her one outside the cut line.

Needing birdie on nine, she pounded a drive 275-yard drive and then curled a 220-yard 7-wood to 25 feet.

With so much on the line at the end, the massive gallery around the ninth was still as she hit her first putt trickled to the hole.

When it was over, Kerr and Henderson hugged.

“(Kerr) said, ‘more pressure than a major there.’ I said, ‘Yeah, it was.’”

Comment

• A couple of early birdies and Brooke is inside the top 30 (T28) and one behind Brittany Marchand in the battle for low Canadian.

UPDATE: Brooke is now tied with Brittany. Brittany is still more than an hour away from starting her round. Both are 6 back from In Gee Chun.

UPDATE: A Birdie on 8 and Brooke is T16 (-3).

UPDATE: birdie on 12, T11.

UPDATE: and a birdie on 14. -6 on the day.

From: Amey Doyle‏ @DoyleHockeyDev 13m13 minutes ago
                                Amazing crowds in Ottawa for the @cpwomensopen watching @BrookeHenderson! So exciting!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DIKY8XBXYAA0JUr.jpg Views:	1 Size:	358.5 KB ID:	2676024

Joe McLean‏ @FlagstickJoe 2m2 minutes ago

Fans at 9 green @OttawaHuntClub @cpwomensopen awaiting the arrival of @BrookeHenderson @flagstick

Click image for larger version  Name:	DIKchB1XoAEjKNs.jpg Views:	1 Size:	189.2 KB ID:	2676026
                                Last edited by sjmcampbell; Aug 26, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X