Collapse

George McNeil

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George McNeil

His round yesterday must have been really tough..he knew that his sister was
    at deaths door and somehow played his best pro round..61 & finished second.
    He then learned that his sister had passed..very sad.
    By finishing second he earned a berth in the Open.

Re: George McNeil

Originally posted by northernpro View Post
    His round yesterday must have been really tough..he knew that his sister was
    at deaths door and somehow played his best pro round..61 & finished second.
    He then learned that his sister had passed..very sad.
    By finishing second he earned a berth in the Open.
    as much as I love Cabrerra, was really hoping GM would get the win, a heartwarming story and heartbreaking end for McNeil.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Cabrerra's swing speed was clocked high as 123 mph........

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
        as much as I love Cabrerra, was really hoping GM would get the win, a heartwarming story and heartbreaking end for McNeil.
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          This tournament was filled with heartwarming gestures. Everyone getting behind Billy Hurley III and his military background to win his first event on July 4 weekend, the guy everyone loves Angel Cabrera, the story of George McNeill, his hole in one and charge to 61 as the poignant story of his dying sister unfolded as he finished his round, even the $100 bills to all for Bud Cauley's hole in one on 18.

I too was hoping McNeill would win, but took a lot away from his comments to Peter Kostis effectively saying that sometimes the game of golf just doesn't matter in the scheme of life. Peace to him and his family in an extraordinarily tough time and hope that someday he can reflect warmly on his enormous performance Sunday.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X