Collapse

Practice Range

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Range

As I was watching the Golf channels early reports today and seeing guys on the practice range I was curious how they would separate the balls. After they collect them I would venture to guess they clean them and separate them into manufactures first, they the type of ball then group those for each player. A couple questions I might have is if someone is using a ball that is a older version of a specific ball how would someone know? Plus how often would they change range balls as a player might change balls as much as every other hole on the tour. Hope someone could clarify this for me.

Re: Practice Range

I remember seeing it at the Canadian Open one year. They basically just dumped the baskets collected by the buggy off the range onto a sorting table, and there were a couple volunteers it looked like with the fun task of sorting the balls into the little pouches that the players would pick up and take to the range. They had a few options but definitely not many, just basically the most popular couple models from each of the manufacturers.
    WITB
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha / Fubuki zt Tour / S / 9
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro FW / Aldila Tour Green / S / 13.5
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro Hybrid / Aldila Tour Green / S / 18
    Callaway Apex Pro 4 - PW / UST Recoil 110 / F4
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedges / DG S300 / 52, 60
    Scotty Cameron Futura X

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard