Collapse

Canadian Women's Senior Amateur

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Women's Senior Amateur

Is the state of women's competitive golf in Canada so poor that Golf Canada had to combine three tournaments; Senior, Mid-Master and Mid-Amateur? The winner Terrill Samuel got three trophies! To my uneducated eye seems a bit unfair that one person gets three titles, make the entrant choose which tournament to compete in.

Or were entries so low, that they just merged them. If so, then maybe Golf Canada needs to look at why women are not entering them.

Re: Canadian Women's Senior Amateur

I don't know anything about this, but I don't see an issue or conflict. If she can beat amateurs half her age she deserves it.

Terrill Samuel went down to the wire with Judith Kyrinis to claim three separate titles, including the Mid-Amateur, at Sawmill Creek
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyette View Post
      Is the state of women's competitive golf in Canada so poor that Golf Canada had to combine three tournaments; Senior, Mid-Master and Mid-Amateur? The winner Terrill Samuel got three trophies! To my uneducated eye seems a bit unfair that one person gets three titles, make the entrant choose which tournament to compete in.

Or were entries so low, that they just merged them. If so, then maybe Golf Canada needs to look at why women are not entering them.
      Seems a bit odd to hand out 3 trophies for one event
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyette View Post

The GAO did the same this year and yes it is because entries are very low. Take a look at these numbers for the differences.

Junior Boys Championship had 10 qualifying tournaments to determine the final field.
        Junior Girls Championship had a field of the 51 girls who entered.

Men's Am had 14 qualifiers.
        Women's Am had no need for qualifiers.

Men's Mid Am had 9 qualifiers so certainly no need to couple it with the Senior Men.
        Women's Senior and Mid Am combined had no need for qualifiers.

GAO continually looks at this issue at their Sports Development Committee. One of the senior tournament staff has been given specific responsibility for all female tournaments.

Some of the attempted remedies, such as venue, can take three or more years to implement due to the extent of forward planning involved in some events.

Someone else can answer for Golf Canada but I expect it will be much the same.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X