Collapse

PXG - Parsons extreme Golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PXG - Parsons extreme Golf

Bob Parson's PXG Golf is about to make a Major splash on the PGA tour. That's the rumor anyway. It's that time of year again. Equipment deals are getting done, big names are on the move (and everyone on the other side of the industry knows it), but due to the litigious nature of the golf industry, nobody is really keen on speaking on the record about players under contract with other companies...even if those contracts are only good for another month. And so everything is rumor until it's not.

Some interesting new acquisitions...

I heard DJ was moving soon too..have to say Zack is a surprise
    Epic 10.5 - Elements
    Epic 3 wood - Elements
    Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
    King MB - Recoil Prototype
    Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
    Lamb Allendale
    https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Re: PXG - Parsons extreme Golf

When will these companies learn that most golfers don't care what pros play, our golfing legends couldn't make it work, Nicklaus, Palmer. Player, Trevino or Norman. My real question is who plays Nike because of Rory and Tiger? Plus Parsons clubs are like $500 per iron Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post
      When will these companies learn that most golfers don't care what pros play, our golfing legends couldn't make it work, Nicklaus, Palmer. Player, Trevino or Norman. My real question is who plays Nike because of Rory and Tiger? Plus Parsons clubs are like $500 per iron Yikes
      I'd give the equipment manufacturers a bit of credit, if there wasn't a quantifiable benefit to endorsements, they wouldn't invest nearly as much as they do in doling them out. The Fowler look in my mind is an example, I don't think orange would be nearly as popular on the course without him having come along. Don't get me wrong, there's also a good percentage of golfers who are only interested in what works for them, myself included. But there are also plenty in the other school of thought I would imagine (if my favourite golfer plays it I've gotta have one).
      WITB
      Callaway Big Bertha Alpha / Fubuki zt Tour / S / 9
      Callaway X2 Hot Pro FW / Aldila Tour Green / S / 13.5
      Callaway X2 Hot Pro Hybrid / Aldila Tour Green / S / 18
      Callaway Apex Pro 4 - PW / UST Recoil 110 / F4
      Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedges / DG S300 / 52, 60
      Scotty Cameron Futura X

Comment

Ryan Moore was first to go with these. Here's a copy of my post from January this year.

Jan 10, 2015, 03:24 AM #1 4underthru9
        PARSONS EXTREME GOLF

Now these look interesting, GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons soon to launch his line of Extreme Golf Clubs.
        In fact Ryan Moore has a set of proto's in his bag at the T o C. They kind of look overly complicated with all the screws whatever.
        Courtesy of Golf WRX:
        The company is expected to launch a full line of equipment that includes drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges and putters. A release date has yet to be announced.
        Update (1/9/15): Ryan Moore is using a prototype set of Parsons irons (3-PW) and wedges (54 and 60 degrees) at the PGA Tour’s Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Read more at https://<span style="color:Blue">htt...0P2t.99</span>

Moore finished 2015 with one win, which came just before he switched.
        then 7 top tens, and $2,600,000 in winnings (WOR 39th)
        Did not see his name in this recent article also his website is currently down no reason given, so not sure what's going on?
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
          Ryan Moore was first to go with these. Here's a copy of my post from January this year.
          Yup he was.. Saw that all year.. I'll be surprised if DJ moves over nut that's the rumours.
          Epic 10.5 - Elements
          Epic 3 wood - Elements
          Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
          King MB - Recoil Prototype
          Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
          Lamb Allendale
          https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

All those guys combined will not sell 200 sets of irons. If I polled 100 customers at our store only Saturday I,d be luck to find two who knew which player was playing what irons, even last weeks winner.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
              All those guys combined will not sell 200 sets of irons. If I polled 100 customers at our store only Saturday I,d be luck to find two who knew which player was playing what irons, even last weeks winner.
              I'll take that wager...you sure you want to? Jut a hint, they've already sold more that, but I'm still up for the bet. PXG will not be available through GT anytime soon--only specialty shops, just an FYI.

I've also hit them, 3-PW on Trackman and outdoors and while I admit the first time I laid eyes on them I wasn't wow'd by the looks, after having tried them out I have to say they are really, really nice sticks and I'm sure will do very well come 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                I'll take that wager...you sure you want to? Jut a hint, they've already sold more that, but I'm still up for the bet. PXG will not be available through GT anytime soon--only specialty shops, just an FYI.

I've also hit them, 3-PW on Trackman and outdoors and while I admit the first time I laid eyes on them I wasn't wow'd by the looks, after having tried them out I have to say they are really, really nice sticks and I'm sure will do very well come 2016.
                Scott, I knew about the specialty shop and green grass only deals. My point is that Tour use is very over rated as a stimulus for sales to the average guy. It does influence we fanatics.

I have been told that the clubs are excellent and do not doubt that. If they take more than one per cent of iron sales I would be impressed. Too much $ and not enough distribution.

Comment

Interesting conversation.
                  As someone whom has had a relationship with PXG since their inception. I can unequivocally state that PXG has sold far far more than 200 sets in their short existence. having said that, they are a boutique golf OEM at this point and have no intentions of selling to the mass market.
                  Those who don't believe there is a market for a super premium golf club, don't shop for Rolex watches (no Rolexes for me, but I understand and appreciate those whom own them)......this is actually an inexpensive toy.
                  Look, this is not a Box store item, but the only segment of the golf industry that is growing is the segment that PXG is entering.
                  Now, on another note......manufacturers in all retail industries have utilized celebrity and athlete endorsements and it has proven very successful.
                  With regards to golf, the credibility of Tour use, certainly helps consumers trust that a product performs. i can't think of a brand that has any significant marketshare that does not support the Tour.

Comment

Guys, the old high school teacher in me needs to remind you about reading comprehension. I never said that they would only sell 200 sets but inferred that their Tour players would have a minimal effect on their total sales, i.e., the 200
                    mentioned was just an arbitrary number.

I fully realize that boutique buying people have a ton of discretionary income. They however do not buy Omega watches because Daniel Craig and Rory McIilroy wear them. They buy because they CAN. So it will be with PXG, as the well heeled will consider them desirable and one cut above the rest.

There is nothing wrong with any of that rationale.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                      Guys, the old high school teacher in me needs to remind you about reading comprehension. I never said that they would only sell 200 sets but inferred that their Tour players would have a minimal effect on their total sales, i.e., the 200
                      mentioned was just an arbitrary number.

I fully realize that boutique buying people have a ton of discretionary income. They however do not buy Omega watches because Daniel Craig and Rory McIilroy wear them. They buy because they CAN. So it will be with PXG, as the well heeled will consider them desirable and one cut above the rest.

There is nothing wrong with any of that rationale.
                      Hey rgk5,
                      There is nothing wrong with your rationale, but time and time again, companies use endorsements to sell products....it's a tried and proven method. The decision makers at Omega disagree with you. Manufactures try to create an image, Bond and Rory portray that image.
                      You and others may not agree, but the vast majority do.
                      Titlest tells has hammered us that they are number #1 on Tour and for years, and it has been successful! TM with drivers, Nike sells hundreds of Millions of $$$ of shirts and shoes thanks to Tiger.....all proven to be great investments. Brand recognition creates sales....

Comment

Back to PXG, Go daddy is a household name due to their aggressive marketing and endorsements in a ridiculously competitive market......I believe that Mr. Parson's know what he's doing. Having said all that Golf is a shrinking market and this is a ridiculously difficult time to introduce a new product.
                        it will be interesting to see if they can make inroads as they certainly have spared no expense on their infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by gbrgolf View Post
                          Back to PXG, Go daddy is a household name due to their aggressive marketing and endorsements in a ridiculously competitive market......I believe that Mr. Parson's know what he's doing. Having said all that Golf is a shrinking market and this is a ridiculously difficult time to introduce a new product.
                          it will be interesting to see if they can make inroads as they certainly have spared no expense on their infrastructure.
                          I'm sure he will have fun with it.

Comment

Golf is a funny animal when it comes to marketing because the people that plays it, is already in a different tax bracket. Having said that, the amount of pros wearing the Audemars Piquet logo is crazy because those puppies are not for everyday golfers and for anyone to think that brand recognition is their goal, needs to get one when they pick up their set of PXG's.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X